Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Has anybody got a link to the countryfile weather forecast ? I think somebody called Terrece or something like that puts them on YouTube but I'm unable to find it.. Many thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I think many of us are more annoyed over telling friend and family that it was going to snow.. I know I am! I'm hoping the front front delivers at least something!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Can't see why my area is Included in that? The snow will just be washed away by the turgid rain and 6C!

Anyone else think its not really that cold outside for snow? Its chilly but not that cold.

Weathizard, I am completely miffed about snow in our area - do you have any idea what might occur?!

I haven't checked things out today, is the snow situation still up in the air because of the mild sectors?

Posted

I think many of us are more annoyed over telling friend and family that it was going to snow.. I know I am! I'm hoping the front front delivers at least something!

The answer to this, in future:

Always quote 'the weathermen': "The weathermen are saying it might snow next week"

Then, when the (almost inevitable) downgrade / warm sector comes, just blame

'the weathermen'

See? Its not your fault!

Showers, such as they were, are starting to peter out on raintoday 5 min radar, and the prediction has changed to a narrower belt of showers, with less intensity.

Don't think there will be any lying snow this side of midnight from this little lot.

Edited by abovefreezing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Can't see why my area is Included in that? The snow will just be washed away by the turgid rain and 6C!

Anyone else think its not really that cold outside for snow? Its chilly but not that cold.

I thought that too - but then at about 1PM we did have an unexpected snow shower - albeit very light, and only graupel, but it was at least snow rather than anything else.

Posted

Weathizard, I am completely miffed about snow in our area - do you have any idea what might occur?!

I haven't checked things out today, is the snow situation still up in the air because of the mild sectors?

The thing is, the upper temps for us are actually sufficent its the dew points that are the problem, because air flow anti clockwise around low pressure systems we get a SW wind which rises dew point by 3-4 degrees. We'll probably have snow from the first weak band and it will be melted away by the afternoon as temperatures rise due to on-shore winds.

I still think areas 20-30 miles inland will get snow, due to the mornings slight snow cover affecting temps and due points.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

It's frustrating that Monday looks to be a wash out especially when a few days ago we were looking at nearly a foot of snow according to some ;-)

People never learn though that they should wait until it is falling to see what it will do when it is marginal.

Sure there are times when it could be guaranteed under ideal synoptics but Monday is not one of them.

It's going to take a massive upgrade I feel for us to see lying snow Tuesday morning.

Now we look to Wednesday ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The answer to this, in future:

Always quote 'the weathermen': "The weathermen are saying it might snow next week"

Then, when the (almost inevitable) downgrade / warm sector comes, just blame

'the weathermen'

See? Its not your fault!

Showers, such as they were, are starting to peter out on raintoday 5 min radar, and the prediction has changed to a narrower belt of showers, with less intensity.

Don't think there will be any lying snow this side of midnight from this little lot.

Trouble is, to all the mums up the school I AM the weather man! I called last Decembers snow wrong too, I might not be the weather man for much longer haha!

Posted

Has anybody got a link to the countryfile weather forecast ? I think somebody called Terrece or something like that puts them on YouTube but I'm unable to find it.. Many thanks.

Posted

Trouble is, to all the mums up the school I AM the weather man! I called last Decembers snow wrong too, I might not be the weather man for much longer haha!

Stop loitering around school gates Dan...you'll get in trouble rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sticky!

Found this weather station near to me in Bexhill. Dont no how accurate it is :)

http://willowsweather.blogspot.co.uk/p/p2-weather-display-live.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not sure what to believe at present, I'm trying to stay positive but every weather site I check they all say different things. I look at all the models and and posts in here which suggest snow for north Kent. Someone please shed some light for me

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=2;ct=12703~Gravesend;sess=#forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Having just popped outside it does seem to have got significantly colder here in the past hour or so - don't have a weather station though, so no way of proving this.

Posted

Please forgive the totally unscientific description, but I've been watching a bank of cloud approaching from the north of my location, out of the window, and it looks for all the world that it's slowly colliding with something up there, what looks like crumple zones are forming in the clouds!! Looks wonderful.

As I say, not the most scientific post on here!

CD

Posted

Cant see a lot wrong with that Forecast, very typical of this type of weather set up and the same favoured areas getting in on the action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Feeling colder outside now. There's a snow nip now, whereas earlier strangely there wasn't.

Posted

Had another tiny snow flurry 20 mins or so ago. Temperature heading back down, now at +2.4c. Dewpoint still at -4.4c. hPa just starting to nudge down again, only marginally though. Sunny intervals.

Posted

Is it the colder uppers that are coming over us making it feel cooler? The temperature hasn't changed that much all day here... Is the air drier?

Posted

Sunday night slight dusting

Monday could be rain now

Tuesday a few flakes in the wind

Wed snow showers for the east but that's fi now