Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Hello from west London. Boring weather day here, slate grey and not really v cold either! Wasn't v cold at 2am when walking home from the pub. Maybe it was alchohol haze keeping me warm! Matt Taylor weekly forecast before countryfile a few mins ago was interesting for se areas.

Hi Ruthie, anything snow this week for London on that forecast:-)

Posted

Sounds like people have thrown in the towel just what a computer prediction said, how about using extinct, who predicted these showers BBC said dry and bright no showers over here etc,

Yesterday they were saying a few flurries in the SE corner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Just about to put up the bird feeder in the garden - hope the neighbour's cats don't get too interested! Also off to Battersea at Old Windsor with some food and blankets, it always seems freezing there for the poor doggie residents:(

Aww :) Got my cat from there a few years ago. He's been eating like mad the last few weeks as have all my friends/families cats....a sign of extended cold?! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Few flakes here and coming over really dark.................heres hoping!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Latest bbc forecast was a downgrade

Snow tonight didn't even reach London

The next band didn't look that great either

Not surprised at your disappointment in regards to that forecast, it looked very marginal didn't it, but seriously, they are so vague, I keep saying it. I'm sure it will be a little more interesting than what it was showing graphic wise.

Posted

Sounds like people have thrown in the towel just what a computer prediction said, how about using extinct, who predicted these showers BBC said dry and bright no showers over here etc,

Very true. But...

At this moment in time the warm sector looks like spoiling it for most of our region. Plenty of time for that to change over the next 12 hours or so of course. EA looks like the limit for an ALL snow event tomorrow. Lets hope we see a shift South and West of the ppn coming down from the NW.

Posted

Two years ago we had the Thames Streamer that dumped 5-10 cm of Snow and ground London to a halt no computer predicted that

I remember KOLD predicting that and is forecasts were spot on.

Hopefully he will be on here some time today and tell us what he is predicting tomorrow and tuesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I've got temp 1c dew point -2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Weather for Harlow Essex,the Essex weather centre says

Monday

Cloudy with outbreaks of mainly light snow during the morning rush-hour leading to accumulations in places. Becoming dry with perhaps a few bright spells late morning before heavier snow arrives by evening with local transport disruption a possibility. Winds light, variable in direction and feeling cold once again. Maximum temperature 0 deg. C (32 deg. F)

Posted

Well the latest from the bbc for the se not much in the way of snow from the 1st front from the NWest and the second,looks like snow from north of the Thames and rain south of london with some of the warmer air mixed in.Bit more time for change hopefully

Edited by snowblues

Posted

From reading the model discussions pages it is hard to make out if London will get some lying snow or rain.

What is your take on things?

Snow tonight, tomorrow morning and evening or just tonight and melted with the rain tomorrow?

There is one very big problem with london that every model expert forgets.. London warming!! The amount of times ive seen snow fall in north london then cross over london and fall as rain on my side is unbelievable!! It may happen with this setup,it may not, as its all down to that wet bulb thingie (dont ask me about that) But london is great for thunderstorm development as heating builds the clouds more. Anyway if the temps are cold enough we wont have to worry. But with this setup and people are saying london may get rain etc its what everybody is saying in this forum, just watch and hope!! you never know we may get a surprise like 2010 where everybody including the experts were saying " a few cm" turned out to be 7-12inchs in the end. So its all down to the radar the lamp post and crossed fingers. To me i think evrybody may be saying by wednesday "london got disrupted quite a bit, surprise there!!" etc etc Edited by nanu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Sky is getting darker her now

Posted

Aww smile.png Got my cat from there a few years ago. He's been eating like mad the last few weeks as have all my friends/families cats....a sign of extended cold?! tease.gif

Yep, seagulls and cats - MUST be a good sign!

Posted

There must be some confidence in it as met have put a warning out from 5pm tonight. Plus you can see precip is building in the Thames already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Like a few on here Im right under that blob coming over Essex and Kent and there is nothing coming from it unfortunately :(