Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Can peeps in the Medway area let me know if the streamer hits and starts to settle please as I'll have to scoot home if it does. :(

Edited by anything-but

Posted

Good to hear some of the region are seeing snow today!

Fingers crossed for all over night and tomorrow - let's hope the weather gods are kind to us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Snow showers are likely to affect parts of Kent during Sunday evening and overnight into Monday. Amounts of snow will be very variable, with a few places receiving 2-5 cm and there is a small risk of 5-10 cm very locally should showers become aligned into a band.

Metoffice warning :-)

Posted

if anybody is watching a 5min membership radar update which ive got on rain today, you will notice that the system above kent is expanding!

Posted

Snow showers are likely to affect parts of Kent during Sunday evening and overnight into Monday. Amounts of snow will be very variable, with a few places receiving 2-5 cm and there is a small risk of 5-10 cm very locally should showers become aligned into a band.

Metoffice warning :-)

It's the parts of Kent in that warning that i'm not liking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

if anybody is watching a 5min membership radar update which ive got on rain today, you will notice that the system above kent is expanding!

I would be able to see it if the radar was working properly! Well worth the money that was!

On rare rare occasion the radar expands far enough to actually see whats there, I'd agree, definitely starting to pick up a bit now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I'm too far east!!!

These things are very hard to predict and forecast - snow shower streamers can get going at short notice and the exact paths and locations that get lucky are tricky to predict. There have been times when a nowcast has produced unexpected snow, which leads to updated warnings. That advisory is conceivably open to slight adjustment.

I think for purposes of this advisory - it is the precipitation showing off the Dutch coast right now which might provide the fun and games later

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Nice one for all you Kent lot

Blow Some this way lol

Well I'm in the least favourable spot in Kent for snow)-: unusually in these situations we get nothing yet places as close as 10miles south east of here Get a nice covering, medway normally does well as does Maidstone area. Roll on next week's Thames streamer;-) that would then affect much more of the region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Interesting watching the radar, certainly building at moment and seems to be slowly encroaching towards Gravesend.

Please pretty please;-)

Posted

Will that band over kent be moving towards London?

doubt it.. its only a light blob of snow anyway.. so if it was above us,you wouldnt be that excited.. anyway best streamers are always at night for some reason in london. Edited by nanu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

With winds veering NE'ly, and the streamer moving in that kind of direction NNE, it would appear, no.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Just started here in gillingham. Light flakes in the wind. Feels like a big temperature drop in the last hour. Thank god I fixed my car heater yesterday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Snow flurries here now. Temp 2.4 & falling

Posted

And of course not forgetting the wildlife....I've just put some nuts and fat balls out for the birds good.gif

Just about to put up the bird feeder in the garden - hope the neighbour's cats don't get too interested! Also off to Battersea at Old Windsor with some food and blankets, it always seems freezing there for the poor doggie residents:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Just had the smallest amount of snow here in hernebay

Posted

doubt it.. its only a light blob of snow anyway.. so if it was above us .. you wouldnt be that excited.. anyway best streamers are always at night for some reason in london.

If it fizzles, no. If it intensifies, no.

Assuming it makes it, its being forecast as tracking from a line extending from Sheppey down to Brighton, narrowly missing Ashford. But it could just as easiy disappear!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

First few small flakes of snow about half hour ago - gradually getting a little heavier and more persistent.

Temp has gone down pretty quickly in last hour - was +3.3c for a while but now down to +1.7c and falling

Just goes to show how in these situations, snow can pop up almost un-expectedly. Met Office warning just issues looks good for Kent so could be an interesting pm and eve.