Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Current temp 4.6, dew 0, light winds and weak sunshine. It's feeling very pleasant out there - off to chop wood as I've heard it might get a bit chilly this week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Idon't see alot of snow from this atm, but it looks to be a west kent streamer

It seems to be passing between both of us, typical. So now we're looking towards Tuesday then, unless you like splashing around in puddles in which case tomorrow looks great!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Not sure what to believe at present, I'm trying to stay positive but every weather site I check they all say different things. I look at all the models and and posts in here which suggest snow for north Kent. Someone please shed some light for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I find it better to sort of see where the weather is coming from as to which thread its best to look into. For example, if we are getting weather from the NW direction, its not a bad idea to see what the members in the East Midlands are seeing. From the East, we are in the EA thread and when weather is coming in from the South, best to look to the London thread as to what is coming.

Thankyou for that,they dont make it easy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Light snow flurries nowair_kiss.gif

If that continues down towards Battle...........perfect!!

Yes, that looks good!

Posted

It seems to be passing between both of us, typical. So now we're looking towards Tuesday then, unless you like splashing around in puddles in which case tomorrow looks great!

Snow showers will no doubt miss us from Tuesday onwards too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking quite good from Tuesday onwards, but not convinced around the coast of our region is going to do that great tonight or tomorrow. But think by the end of the week the se will come out pretty good from this now good.gif

Posted

GAHHH! NOOOO! :(

i have to say though, it's coming over darker here in chatham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Snow showers will no doubt miss us from Tuesday onwards too.

Could you pop your location in your profile please Matt so we can see where you are referring to? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Sunny and blue skies here and I'm in the dog house now on FB coz few people gone out and brought new sledges and told their kids whom now are really upset and of course I have the no it alls who shunned my reports of snow late last week and said its too warm to snow!!! I gonna start praying now for whiteout tomorrow so I can hold my head high!!!

Posted

Sorry for those that check both threads - I'm on the cusp of both regions & just popped this in the EA thread - I think it's nice that we are seeing this quantity of snow on the radar at all!! :)We've got bright sunshine here now, but it's very dark towards the river. (and cold obviously) - I'd love a bit of the stuff feeding in to clip us, but I think I am just a little too far inland. - It's cool, I've had a few flakes to re-affirm my faith!

Don't forget this is the really early stage in the game for our area too - chins up! x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, East Sussex & Brighton and Hove

Valid from: 0005 on Mon 14 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Mon 14 Jan 2013

An area of sleet and snow will move eastwards across England during the early part of Monday, probably becoming light and patchy during the morning as it slows down over southeast England. However, another band of rain, sleet and snow is expected to be affecting northern England and southeast Scotland by daybreak, moving southeastwards through the day.

Accumulations of snow from the first band will be variable, but 2 cm is possible in many areas, with locally 5 cm from the Midlands northwards. The second band will be predominantly rain or sleet in the south Midlands and southern England, with snow more likely in northern and eastern England, where a further 2-5 cm of snow is possible in places.

Ice will be additional hazard at first on Monday morning.

With the potential for further snowfall across northeast and eastern England into Monday night, an Amber warning is likely to be issued for those areas.

The public are advised to monitor the forecast and to be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1223 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=1958AC31-F000-DFC5-3791-290F58B50F53_6_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-4.50&lat=55.74&fcTime=1357992060

Posted

Glad you got some today, Has it been settling much?

Has'nt settled at all, the ground is too damp. Will see what tonight/tomorrow brings...if anything at all.

Posted
Posted

Sunny and blue skies here and I'm in the dog house now on FB coz few people gone out and brought new sledges and told their kids whom now are really upset and of course I have the no it alls who shunned my reports of snow late last week and said its too warm to snow!!! I gonna start praying now for whiteout tomorrow so I can hold my head high!!!

lol - it's entirely unscientific, but my thinking is that we get the sun out of the way in the *technically* warmest part of the day it's okay, because if we did have snow now it might not stick.

Completely illogical, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it if anyone asks me on FB!! sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Has'nt settled at all, the ground is too damp. Will see what tonight/tomorrow brings...if anything at all.

I think high ground will do ok tonight but think the rest of us will get the good stuff from Tuesday evening so all is not lost good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

lol - it's entirely unscientific, but my thinking is that we get the sun out of the way in the *technically* warmest part of the day it's okay, because if we did have snow now it might not stick.

Completely illogical, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it if anyone asks me on FB!! sorry.gif

Yeah who wants snow in the middle of the day anyway :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

As we have a streamer possibly going currently here in n kent,when the temps drop later this eve,will the front heading this way combine with it or replace it as a stronger more general snow shower (seeing as there`s -10 uppers i think?),....or even just be typical uk and end up as rain?

Edited by anything-but

Posted

Can't see why my area is Included in that? The snow will just be washed away by the turgid rain and 6C!

Anyone else think its not really that cold outside for snow? Its chilly but not that cold.