Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ------>

A.J

Posted

It's 0.6C here with a dew point of 0C - so expecting sleet/rain - how sad for us in the North West with all that PPN :-(

I think the first occlusion didn't really do us any favours. If the second occlusion came up against the air mass that the first occlusion did, it woud have been different. The air mass behind the first occlusion must be modified and less favourable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

would someone mind posting some currently modeled temps for our region through the week...(night mins and day maxes if possible) I have given up on snow for the rest of the week, *and battle grounds in fi are WAY to far off and risky to get exited about now....but Im hoping for some nice lows...

likewise i wont be looking for anything but trends beyond T48, not worth the let downs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

If I had that profile temp wise I'd be expecting sleet readily to snow

They don't realise that uppers of -3 were scraping down the West coast and that colder uppers will filter back through with the ppn. Surpised Manchester is getting rain though, having said that GFS does say Rain/sleet front edge then to Snow.

We will see heh. Nothing in Oldham atm.

Posted

Just woke up and checked the models! Lovely to see the ECM has backed down and goes with the UKMO which is sticking to the same wintry scenario from previous days. The trend is for the cold spell to be extended with chances for snow every time the Atlantic tries to move in.

Karyo

Posted

Just started snowing! Good news I thought we we just be on the edge of the rain/sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Heavy snow here peeps!. Flakes getting huge :D

Posted

An interesting drive from Bacup to Bury this morning, pretty consistent snow cover all the way, actually appears to be more on pavements in Edenfield than at home. Usually by the time I reach Bury it has all gone but not today.. now snowing heavily as I sit in my office looking out at the security light opposite my office window and we appear to be on the very edge of it at the moment. I hope I have loads when I get home tonight - 5-10 cms on the Peninnes and that's me - I hope!!

Posted

according to meto...and I know there temp predictions arent the most accurate...but the coldest I get is -3 this week......hardly memorable... (very imby I know when others are seeing snow as we speak) I think I got a bit carried away by some of the output a few days ago and have been spoiled by 2010!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Lashing down here with rain, very wet indeed, currently 4.1c............ Now thats what I call a cold spell, Not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosts, cold and more snow

Massive snow flakes in Mossley near manchester

Posted

Bk to snizzle! Well the week Ahead looks cold for me high of 1c and a low of -3c. Chance if snow at the weekend

Edited by cfallon

Posted

Pepping up a bit now! Still very poor for my location though, hopefully the week will stay cold and next weekend it looks as though it will be a west based affair so all of yous on the coast will be in with a good shout

Edited by cfallon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,blizzards and storms

Snowing mild/moderately up here in the foothills of Glossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Quite a few areas in Cumbria starting to be affected by snowfall now with some road closures. it's 3.8c here and beginning to clear from the NW.

post-9615-0-57238000-1358152865_thumb.pn