Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 13/01/13 --------->

A.J

Posted

Here we go, and it's still coming down the same rate, we're getting slowly whiter now :-)

Posted

This evening's turned into a nice surprise, got 2cm of snow now and it's coming down pretty heavy right now! Such a shame it will get washed away in the morning.

Posted

This evening's turned into a nice surprise, got 2cm of snow now and it's coming down pretty heavy right now! Such a shame it will get washed away in the morning.

I might not you never know !

Posted

Great vid, cheers for sharing.

Just a modest dusting here so far, although more might be on the way perhaps.

Long day ahead of me tomorrow, so I'm off to bed - good luck everybody for Monday! :)

Bish

Posted

Heavy snow in Telford. Fairly big flakes as well. I didn't expect this to be honest but not complaining. Just goes to show that it's so hard to predict where and when it will fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Anyone with NW radar access will be seeing a classic example of the Abingdon forcefield at the moment, with snow falling further north, west, south and now east yet several hours of 'nofall' here. Of course, it won't keep out tomorrow's rain, as more flooding is just what we need.

I'm moving down to Abingdon at the start of Februarysorry.gif

Was thinking of moving down there with my Uncle last year but didn't. I definitely am at the start of February though, leaving my job in Leicester to look for similiar work with better pay down in Abingdon. I moan about the Leicester snow shield but as we speak it's snowing moderately now and a dusting is starting to form! I'll miss this when I move down to snowlessdon.

Settling on road and pavement now! smile.png

You still near Western park mate? I'm staying at my Girlfriend's at the moment, she lives on Park rise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Starting to cover the cars, roofs and grass a bit here near Nottingham city centre.

This is nice to see, snow finally.

Looking forward to the main even tomorrow, just a shame I will be in work most of the day, might have to use up a bit of flexi-time and leave early!

Was thinking of moving down there with my Uncle last year but didn't. I definitely am at the start of February though, leaving my job in Leicester to look for similiar work with better pay down in Abingdon. I moan about the Leicester snow shield but as we speak it's snowing moderately now and a dusting is starting to form! I'll miss this when I move down to snowlessdon.

You still near Western park mate? I'm staying at my Girlfriend's at the moment, she lives on Park rise.

That'll hurt! It was bad enough for me moving from County Durham to Nottingham, you are taking it a step further!

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Glory be its snowing at last on the northants/warks border, councils snow shield has be taken down due to budget cuts!

clap.gif

Posted

Yeah!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Here we go, and it's still coming down the same rate, we're getting slowly whiter now :-)

That's a stonking lamp post you have outside your house! Nice and bright :D

I'm currently sitting in the conservatory playing Forza Horizon with my lappy next to me and I can see a really bright lamp post on the main road parallel to the back garden, it's still coming down nicely! Thank god for portable heaters though, that is the only thing that is keeping me from getting hypothermia in here laugh.png

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Good luck with that. You're in the better location for snow from this cold spell, that's for sure so good timing on that front.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

For once your the snow capital of Britain! biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just sneaked into the Netweather Headquarters to see how their operation was run. On the desk, however, I saw this special remote that can adjust the strength of the West Midlands Snow Shield. I noticed the snow shield strength was set to 99% for us in the West Midlands for 9am onwards this morning. Feeling annoyed about this, I tried to turn the Snow Shield strength down to 0% on the remote controller while no one was looking. But sadly, the dial got jammed as I tried to turn it and this means our snow shield strength is stuck at 99% for 9am and beyond for the whole region. Guess their is no chance of seeing snow from that second band later on today then. Stupid snow shield remote! ;-(

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

I'm currently sitting in the conservatory playing Forza Horizon with my lappy next to me and I can see a really bright lamp post on the main road parallel to the back garden, it's still coming down nicely! Thank god for portable heaters though, that is the only thing that is keeping me from getting hypothermia in here laugh.png

Top post Andy_leics22 that did make me laugh during this frustrating waiting for snow period! biggrin.png

My wife keeps turning the heating on, but I keep turning it off as I think it will decrease the chances of having snow, lol!

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted

Nice covering here now. Hoping that tomorrows front is snow. Quite a few posters seem to suggest there

has been an upgrade for tomorrows snow for the Midlands. I hope so.