Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 13/01/13 --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Nothing here, band looks like breaking up as it heads this way. Be a sugar coating at best and the band will have moved through by 8-9 leaving a dry night before rain tommorrow.

29-30th Dec 05, my thoughts exactly, next event fri sat, well that looks exactly same on GFS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Not even a flake here, surely we must at least get a dusting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Nice flour dusting on all paths round by me where frost hasn't totally disappeared :) really weird to see long stretches of path one side of rows of houses and nothing on south facing sides Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

29-30th Dec 05, my thoughts exactly, next event fri sat, well that looks exactly same on GFS

I suspect that will diminish into nothing. Outside chance of a light flurry from a shower on Wednesday, but otherwise a snowless bore of a week here - AGAIN.

Posted

Firstly I'm noticing on raintoday.co.uk that yes the band coming over Wales is dispersing, however the stuff over northern England is now sliding south, it's also worth considering that the warm sector that was turning tomorrows snow to sleet has gone, let's hope it stays that way.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Christ almighty, the negativity here is rife. Cheer up guys, its onlt a bit of snow. Just be grateful you may see some unlike myself down here in Cornwall who really will get nothing!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Flakes have got slightly bigger here smile.png settling on cars and shed roofs but not the roads. Still only a talcum powder dusting though :)

Edited by quest4peace

Posted

I have now completely lost whether I'm optimistic or pessimistic. Everything is changing so much it's unreal lol.

Edited by Adzyy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

i'm in a dilemma now after watching BBC forecast for the east midlands. Some light snow overnight but mainly sleet/rain tomorrow and not the expected snow forecast on here. I work in London so not sure what I do tomorrow now. Do I take the chance and go in even if there is a covering in Northampton only to get stuck in London if the forecast is wrong and the rain/sleet doesn't materialise and its all snow. Not sure what to do or who to believe in the forecasts now. Why are our snow events nearly always so marginal and not clear cut?

Posted

Slacker flow on the latest FAX. Looking so dry and boring this week compared to what it could have been. Cold and bone dry is almost as bad as cloudy and mild.

Least then you can leave with a coat on. The midlands fails again.

Posted

I have no completely lost whether I'm optimistic or pessimistic. Everything is changing so much it's unreal lol.

It's so marginal, it could go either way, but the temperatures even in the town atm are quite a bit colder than the beeb are telling us they are, so you never know.

Waking up to green and dry in this type of situation is quite normal now.

Funny how rain can just march straight across the Midlands and yet snow always gets gobbled up by the Welsh mountains, isn't it?

Posted

It's so marginal, it could go either way, but the temperatures even in the town atm are quite a bit colder than the beeb are telling us they are, so you never know.

Waking up to green and dry in this type of situation is quite normal now.

Funny how rain can just march straight across the Midlands and yet snow always gets gobbled up by the Welsh mountains, isn't it?

just wondering if the dps are going to be lower aswell... the warm sector has been dropped on some models aswell so heres hoping

Posted

Must admit things have looked progressively worse and worse today. Beginning to doubt whether even Nottingham will get a covering. Looks like main risk could be the far north east midlands.

Posted

Looks bad as usual ....but i bet the north, east and south east will be ok as usual....in the model discussion u will get the usual anything can happen crap..blah blah...headlines in the paper snow paralyses London (even if they've had an only an inch of snow or a kentimetre) lol.

Cold like what is forecast just doesn’t appeal to me unless its accompanied by the white stuff im afraid.

And currently i looks like this warm sector will turn it too rain for us west of brum...unless evaporate cooling occurs.

Posted

Never ever believe the Beeb temps they forecast they always add a degree or two to the temps....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I still think theres a chance of snow, both the ecm and gfs have removed the warm sector just have to hope other factors are on our side