Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Im not a weather expert - but do have a Physics degree - im guessing the moisture would combine creating a higher density of precipitation which would equal heavier snow - i could (and probably am) wrong.

edit for alex - I just used the word supercell as I've seen it used here before - I thought it meant heavier ppn (e.g purple or blue as per the raintoday radar)

No this is a Supercell!

Taken on me trusty old Canon in New Mexico in May 2012 blum.gifair_kiss.gif

post-24-0-10269500-1358118363_thumb.jpg

Posted

NW PPN should be over watford now - anyone round there see anything?

London is SLAP BANG in the middle of the two sets of snow

edit - Paul fair enough!

Edited by msx999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Acording to satalite radar it should be snowing steady here ,but i have diddly squat!!, all evening ive been looking out the bloody window at the street light, yes weve had a few flurries but nothing the radar is suggesting,

Got a bad feeling about all the expectation this week,why cant we just get a desent 5 day easterly gale wth heavy snow and tempratures remenisant of 1991..not much to ask surely....proper cold spells are so hard to come by...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just drove back from Sittingbourne back to Dartford only place with light snowfall was literally just Sittingbourne but it had only just started wonder if it will move West a bit more?

Posted

Something for Londoners, I also work for Croydon council and we received the following high priority weather alert by email.

The Met. Office are predicting that there is an increased probability of snow from 04.00 hours Monday morning, which may have an affect during tomorrow’s rush hour.

Nothing secret in there so no issues posting it so fingers crossed.

I'm not waiting until 4 am though lol

Current ppn (snow) will intensify as it progresses London bound biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Lovely snow coming down here now. Argghh I don't want to go to bed now. This is worse than Christmas Eve!

Is it sticking if so ,how mch?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

went out for a quick walk to the shop and thay gitted the A3 and the path ways .but dont think it will snow here tonight might be sum wet snow/sleet but nothing to wright home about.hopefully will get sum during the week.

Well even if it does, we probably won't be able to tell because of all the grit, if it's as light as they think it will be. They really don't want another big event stopping everything again.

Posted

No this is a Supercell!

Taken on me trusty old Canon in New Mexico in May 2012 blum.gifair_kiss.gif

post-24-0-10269500-1358118363_thumb.jpg

Did you get a twister out of that one Paul?

Posted

Acording to satalite radar it should be snowing steady here ,but i have diddly squat!!, all evening ive been looking out the bloody window at the street light, yes weve had a few flurries but nothing the radar is suggesting,

Got a bad feeling about all the expectation this week,why cant we just get a desent 5 day easterly gale wth heavy snow and tempratures remenisant of 1991..not much to ask surely....proper cold spells are so hard to come by...

i don't rate the nw radar imo

Posted

Just drove back from Sittingbourne back to Dartford only place with light snowfall was literally just Sittingbourne but it had only just started wonder if it will move West a bit more?

I damn well hope so but like many guys have said tonight it's just light snow. nothing to get too excited about.

Whats your thoughts on snow tonight/tomorrow Steve?

Non-event?

its a lottery eh- maybe a dusting 1cm tonight- depends if the PPN can pick up-

tomorrow- up to 5cm over the sweet spot..... Wheres that!!! Stanstead.... Chelmsford- out past that-- ipswich?

S

Posted

Did you get a twister out of that one Paul?

Nah

She just teased us and looked pretty, had a bit of fun in the 2" Hail though, always a pleasure when it is hitting you sideways at 60mph! Lolz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

Lovely snow coming down here now. Argghh I don't want to go to bed now. This is worse than Christmas Eve!

Glad i'm not the only one Who cant sleep when it snows lol

Posted

Well even if it does, we probably won't be able to tell because of all the grit, if it's as light as they think it will be. They really don't want another big event stopping everything again.

haha .i think your right .but i might be eating my words in a while pos.if yamkin meto warning is right lol we will see when i go to work at 6.00am ....lol

Posted

tomorrow- up to 5cm over the sweet spot..... Wheres that!!! Stanstead.... Chelmsford- out past that-- ipswich?

S

Lol just as I thought North Essex. About 30 miles from me. Bloody weather!!

Posted

S

Definately thinking South Essex is just too far south now Steve, I think Chelmsford is pushing it, Southern Extent might be Ipswich ??

What is very interesting though is the wrap around tomorrow night and into Tuesday morning, I think this could spring a few surprises, and as Teits has already said the North Western Extent is still going up near the Wash at 3am Tuesday Morning!

Posted

Nah

She just teased us and looked pretty, had a bit of fun in the 2" Hail though, always a pleasure when it is hitting you sideways at 60mph! Lolz

Lol. Must join you on one of the chases one year. Its on my list of things to do before I pop it. An F3/4 is a dream of mine. One day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

What data do the NMM & NAE use out of curiosity? Do they have their own seperate data input or is the data taken from the GFS and fed in at a higher resolution? If that is the case, could it be that the GFS is overdoing the warm sector and the NMM and NAE are showing rain for us BECAUSE of that?

Probably straw clutching, but genuinely curious if anyone knows

Posted

i don't rate the nw radar imo

They all come from the same data points! it would hardly be worthwhile for any body to install their own radar around the country - raintoday, MetO and Netweather, TWO - all use the same data.

Posted

Definately thinking South Essex is just too far south now Steve, I think Chelmsford is pushing it, Southern Extent might be Ipswich ??

What is very interesting though is the wrap around tomorrow night and into Tuesday morning, I think this could spring a few surprises, and as Teits has already said the North Western Extent is still going up near the Wash at 3am Tuesday Morning!

Noooooooo!

Posted

Just been out and about around the regionals and it is pretty slim pickings really from dustings to snizzle etc etc

Most action I could find was around the Hereford, Shropshire region, some in Derbyshire over higher ground and well erm thats about it really, ranging from no coverings to a slight dusting.

Pretty Grim!