Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Thanks dude....guess it's what we;re all hoping for tonight clapping.gif

I was gonna say the same, your sig definitely sums up how a lot of us feel about snow - I for one won't be sitting up late watching radars/lamposts, half the fun for me is going to bed and waking like a kid on xmas morning to look out the window - will never forget the scene or my gasp in 2010!!!!

H x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

I think the way too look at it if you live in south of London

This time tomorrow the ( warm sector ) will have gone hopefully

So look at the week we could potentially have snow and streamers are on the cards IMO

Roll on tues

Posted

Hmm. I don't know what it is but I have a feeling some of others are going to be very happy come tomorrow. The charts suggest otherwise though

Daniel. Is this blob heading for us? Will it miss us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Something quite doesn't add up, I'll await the 2200 TAF. But light snow tomorrow is a guarantee then rain is forecast from 1200-1900 hours in the 1600 hours TAF's,. According to the 2100 hours Low level Aviation chart though, areas A2 will have 800 meters visibility in snow. Upgrade possibly??

14me0s8.jpg

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Things are changing all the time peeps. Expect the unexpected!!!!

Posted

Nothing in Thanet for a while now. Had some light stuff earlier and nothing since.

Posted

18z NAE does have a slightly further south snow line and its close enough to quite a few parts of the SE further south in the region that I'd keep a close eye on things. Wouldn't take much for even parts of London/ N.Surrey/Kent to get involved in things based on that 18z run...

Darn it Kold, was just about to turn in! It's not the despair, I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

AS

Posted

So excited I ran outside in my jammie's to take a pic...

Edit: for some reason it's upside down but when you click on it it's the right way up!

Laying on cars but not pavement.

post-5283-0-36936800-1358115092_thumb.jp

Edited by lottiekent

Posted

No snow here in Bromley. Not even a flake. Just to clarify. My temp gauge says + 2.5 but I don't believe it, I may have to move it further from the house. I'll be working over SE London and Kent borders tomorrow so will update if /and or where has snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Something quite doesn't add up, I'll await the 2200 TAF. But light snow tomorrow is a guarantee then rain is forecast from 1200-1900 hours in the 1600 hours TAF's,. According to the 2100 hours Low level Aviation chart though, areas A2 will have 800 meters visibility in snow. Upgrade possibly??

14me0s8.jpg

Hi Robbie, do you think we will get all snow and no rain in London tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, storms in summer or any extreme!

I'm forecast snow for 21:00 tonight, but nothing has happened, anyone else in surrey with even the tiniest bit of snow?search.gif

Posted

I think the way too look at it if you live in south of London

This time tomorrow the ( warm sector ) will have gone hopefully

So look at the week we could potentially have snow and streamers are on the cards IMO

Roll on tues

hi bob

keep your eye on the radar tomorrow

this aint resolved yet

do not be surprised to see something late tonight and tomorrow drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

bet you do rofl.gif

I won't but guarantee I will periodically wake up and look out the window and then be really tired in the morning just in time to see the rain arrive ;-)

Posted

18z NAE does have a slightly further south snow line and its close enough to quite a few parts of the SE further south in the region that I'd keep a close eye on things. Wouldn't take much for even parts of London/ N.Surrey/Kent to get involved in things based on that 18z run...

Imagine my disappointment. Looking at the NAE its about 30 miles to my north!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

hi bob

keep your eye on the radar tomorrow

this aint resolved yet

do not be surprised to see something late tonight and tomorrow drinks.gif

Hi JP

I am new here thanks for your posts so far I am hoping to learn from you and others, be nice to see some snow in our area tonight/Tom but will wait and see! I am just off five ways Stafford road so on your doorstep really, thanks again

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Quick forecast from me for London and SE:

Light snow along occluded spreading from the west overnight, probably in London/Surrey/Sussex area by 6am then Essex/Kent by 8am. This snow giving a dusting in places before tending to fizzle out during the morning.

Then turning a little less cold into the afternoon, as milder Atlantic air in an occluding 'warm sector' moves SE bringing rain or sleet arriving from the northwest during the afternoon and evening. However, north of London perhaps across the northern Home Counties - sleet or snow is possible, with some significant snowfall across the E Midlands, Cambs, Beds, Herts, Norfolk and Suffolk. Though this snowline maybe revised further south - so a case of nowcasting.

As the low, bringing the rain, sleet and snow southeast, arrives somewhere near/off the Kent/Essex coast by midnight tomorrow night - rain is likely to turn increasingly back to snow overnight into Tuesday morning as cold air cuts on from the NE - so a covering in places to wake up to on Tuesday. Sleet and snow showers continuing through Tuesday on the cold NE wind across the SE, most frequent towards the N Sea coasts. Temperatures on Tuesday only reaching 1 or 2 C at best.

Edited by Nick F

Posted

Something for Londoners, I also work for Croydon council and we received the following high priority weather alert by email.

The Met. Office are predicting that there is an increased probability of snow from 04.00 hours Monday morning, which may have an affect during tomorrow’s rush hour.

Nothing secret in there so no issues posting it so fingers crossed.

I'm not waiting until 4 am though lol

Its ok for me coz I will getting up to drive to docklands so will find out then,snowing here lightly and temp has dropped 1c to 1.5c.

Posted

A small dimming light at the end of the tunnel... I'll take that!