Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Wow, was just reading through your signature, some really impressive stats. Seems so funny we are all talking about the hope of 2-5cms up against that snowstorm of yours... 27inches in 24hrs. It must have been incredible and even scary!

I get more excited at the prospect of a snow event in kent (my old stomping ground) than I do a foot of snow here. Here that's normal but in England it's so rare I love the uncertainty (not good for the nerves though lol) and the different scenarios ie front moving south, trough, streamers, lp, polar low etc etc. I am doing my snow dance for you all this week :-)

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

I wouldnt write off the front just yet- 20:55 shows echoes deepening over Peterborough ( just north)

Reports of snow near peterborough I saw in the Midlands thread

Posted

the front looks like its expanding lol!! While the back end (still over wales) peps up

Reports from Gloucester that the pepped up back edge is turning to rain though. Could be a local thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm fully expecting to wake-up to a lovely covering of echoes...

Posted

1.6 Cloudy

Very low expectation for snow tonight/tomorrow. Anyway, would love to wake up to a dusting at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

The blob won't come much more west now I don't think. Nice bit of cold for the next few days but I feel a copy of December coming on. Promise then a damp squib

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Excellent summary!

Stil odd flakes falling here, but that blob is called anaprop - its not snow or anything else of note at ground level!

Good to know my premium radar subscrition has been worth it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Excellent summary!

Stil odd flakes falling here, but that blob is called anaprop - its not snow or anything else of note at ground level!

Its a small band of mostly light snow that was forecast this morning. Its moving in a WSW direction ( upper level wind ) but seems to be decaying as it meets the precipitation approaching from the North west.

Posted

Once upon a time the mods of this forum thought hmm what shall we do with all the moaners? I have an idea one piped up during a monthly meeting "let's make a seperate thread where they can go to moan to their hearts content". Thus http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75210-model-mayhem-moan-ramp-go-nuts/ was created.

Posted

If the latest images on raintoday are correct the PPN band is completely gone? What's gone on there then?!

On the 'Kent slapper' its still moving WSW but expect it to slide south soon. Far east Kent getting lucky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

The blob won't come much more west now I don't think. Nice bit of cold for the next few days but I feel a copy of December coming on. Promise then a damp squib

This isn't going to be anything like December. Have a quick look in the mod thread, a few tweets from Matt Hugo doing the rounds, cold entrenched for a while yet. And once you get cold hanging around, snow can crop up readily

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Excellent summary!

The met office now have a warning out for THAT BLOB so expect the unexpected

www.raintoday.co.uk

Edited by shotski

Posted

So been workin hard last couple of days, snow tues weds been downgraded by models ?? Radar better than models?? NW kent snow chances next 2 days?? Sorry for the questions??

Posted

If the latest images on raintoday are correct the PPN band is completely gone? What's gone on there then?!

On the 'Kent slapper' its still moving WSW but expect it to slide south soon. Far east Kent getting lucky!

Lucky!!! a few small flakes blowing in the wind, someone mentioned 5-6 inches from that blob!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

So, is all that pink on the radar a figment of our collective imagination, conjured up by our mass hysteria?

It could be ANAPROP

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/247/

Posted

Once upon a time the mods of this forum thought hmm what shall we do with all the moaners? I have an idea one piped up during a monthly meeting "let's make a seperate thread where they can go to moan to their hearts content". Thus http://forum.netweat...n-ramp-go-nuts/ was created.

Lol you been listening in on our secret chats Jules ??

We were debating this only yesterday trouble is we still have not worked out how to "lock em in" yet!

Posted

Its slightly unlucky that the frontal system has come down a little faster, that streamer is already showing signs of weakening as the frontal system comes down and the starts to surpress things a little.

I'm probably in a similar positon to some others, in that here in Guildford we are probably fairly poorly placed for snowfall, though a streamer would have a shot at getting here if it hits from the right angle, as could troughs, so not a lost cause totally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Cor blimey guvner

Getting snow is arder than getting the wining lot - er - y numbers bruv

I tell ya

Shud of took me business darn to the continent

Least I cud of got a bit a snow

Lol

On a serious note I think we just have to be a little bit patient

The cold is coming ( proper cold I mean with no margins )

The snow will come( eventually )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I would guess that cloud tops are cooling nocturnally - that usually helps with overnight convectivitywink.pngwhistling.gifblush.png

Posted

I can confirm that despite sitting under a pink blob we have..... no snow yet in High Wycombe cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Not sure on this one, but if London gets a coating early hours of the morning the temperatures will likely stay below 0/1*C so can't see it raining/sleeting as forecast. Time will tell, and this is still up for changing.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=fiveDay&map=SignificantWeather&zoom=7&lon=-1.61&lat=51.48&fcTime=1358337600