Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Are all the Londoners here from West/South-west? No East Londoners?

I'm from Upney originally but now of Upminster Bridge so definitely East London.

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Anyone from Bromley on the forum? I understand it's snowing there as I type.

Nothing in Orpington

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Cheerful old lot aren't we!

Not so long back, the outlook was so grim that you could go several hours in the main forum without anyone posting.

Whether I get any snow or not this week at least I'll have been in with a shout and enjoyed the banter to boot.

Then again I don't get out much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Its snowing!

And we're off! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

the pettiness in here at some points is amazing oh well i guess thats what the ignore button is fortease.gif

Posted

I for one would love a light covering tonight but even the bbc have said for the last couple days the1st front from the NW would fragment to the SE of the uk.You never no ,the front could pep up at short notice.Fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Posted

I have bitten my tongue, crossed my legs, closed my eyes, wished upon a star, but I have a horrible feeling that some people will never stop moaning!

For goodness sake, it is the weather and it is dramatic, dull, inspiring, frightening, benign, life-threatening, life-enhancing, wonderous, tedious, and all combinations of the above. What it is not, as far as I can see, is an opportunity to stamp feet, blame others, and generally carry on because nature hasn't delivered quite what you want and/or expect or what someone trying their best gave you in a forecast. As for those that try to hijack the thread with wind-up posts including writing negative nonsense and adding a glum face to show their apparent empathy with the cold lovers..... I suspect you have already been rumbled!

Having now exhaled...

Hope all are enjoying a taste of a proper GB winter spell.

AS

Posted

I remember a great snowfall around 3 to 4 years ago in Kingston / surbiton. I hope and pray for this winter.also do any of you remember a band of snow coming south overnight about a month ago which was supposed to give us nothing but when I woke up there was some with trains etc delayed. Shows what can happen you never know might happen again tonight but a bit more amplified. Here's hoping

The really heavy snowfall I remember also around 3 or so years ago - Ewell Road was completely snowed-up and it was like the whole road got cosier with everyone out walking:) Still hoping, but it feels rather against hope right now!

The really heavy snowfall I remember also around 3 or so years ago - Ewell Road was completely snowed-up and it was like the whole road got cosier with everyone out walking:) Still hoping, but it feels rather against hope right now!

Of course that was from a Thames Streamer which we don't have now:(

I for one would love a light covering tonight but even the bbc have said for the last couple days the1st front from the NW would fragment to the SE of the uk.You never no ,the front could pep up at short notice.Fingers crossed

Unfortunately, the second will only deliver sleet / wet snow in our patch. It may turn back to snow after dark as the developing low pulls in lower temperatures, but it will be too wet by then.

Posted

15DAAGSE_06260_NWT.png?6767676767

MT8_London_ens.png

i can see a heatwave coming rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Sums up perfectly - Colder in the for the rest of week temperatures struggling to get above freezing. Beyond that and into the weekend its like trying to pick the grand national winner...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Unfortunately, the second will only deliver sleet / wet snow in our patch. It may turn back to snow after dark as the developing low pulls in lower temperatures, but it will be too wet by then.

Thats a myth. Once dew points and temperatures drop it'll settle whether the ground is wet or not. I've seen snow settling on puddles before

Posted

15DAAGSE_06260_NWT.png?6767676767

MT8_London_ens.png

i can see a heatwave coming rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

JP, I warned you last night about the warm sector in the heatwave! How are you doing my friend? Lots of cold stuff in the week ahead I think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

Get ready for the stupid question but....

If the blob is an anaprop why is it snowing in herne bay which under said blob?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Is this a reference to the warm sector tomorrow. Cheers Steve. Also thanks to chino for his reply earlier in the model thread . Sorry I posted in the wrong area earlier sorry. Hi to all newbie here but not new to loving the weather