Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Based on that chart, I wouldn't go anywhere near an airplane/airport. The problem is the cold front never caught up with the warm front, so we don't have an occlusion and a warmer area moving through.

It depends on how quick the first wave of snow can arrive, it will surely limit the temperatures to below what the MetOffice are forecasting.

Hi Robbie, do you think we will get all snow and no rain in London tomorrow?

Posted

Quick forecast from me for London and SE:

Light snow along occluded spreading from the west overnight, probably in London/Surrey/Sussex area by 6am then Essex/Kent by 8am. This snow giving a dusting in places before tending to fizzle out during the morning.

Then turning a little less cold into the afternoon, as milder Atlantic air in a 'warm sector' moves SE bringing rain or sleet arriving from the northwest during the afternoon and evening. However, north of London perhaps across the northern Home Counties - sleet or snow is possible, with some significant snowfall across the E Midlands, Cambs, Norfolk and Suffolk.

As the low, bringing the rain, sleet and snow southeast, arrives somewhere near/off the Kent/Essex coast by midnight tomorrow night - rain is likely to turn increasingly back to snow overnight into Tuesday morning - so a covering in places to wake up to on Tuesday. Sleet and snow showers continuing through Tuesday on the cold NE wind across the SE, most frequent towards the N Sea coasts. Temperatures on Tuesday only reaching 1 or 2 C at best.

Thanks for that, does'nt sound too shabby!

Posted

Chance for us then! then again this is Thanet!

Know that feeling..nothing exciting here in Sandwich :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Is it just me or is the blob making a sudden in road west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

hi bob

keep your eye on the radar tomorrow

this aint resolved yet

do not be surprised to see something late tonight and tomorrow drinks.gif

Going by the MO message to croydon council and your cryptic messages, what have you spotted JP?,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Based on that chart, I wouldn't go anywhere near an airplane/airport. The problem is the cold front never caught up with the warm front, so we don't have an occlusion and a warmer area moving through.

It depends on how quick the first wave of snow can arrive, it will surely limit the temperatures to below what the MetOffice are forecasting.

So do we want this first front to move through quicker?

Posted

Quick forecast from me for London and SE:

Light snow along occluded spreading from the west overnight, probably in London/Surrey/Sussex area by 6am then Essex/Kent by 8am. This snow giving a dusting in places before tending to fizzle out during the morning.

Then turning a little less cold into the afternoon, as milder Atlantic air in an occluding 'warm sector' moves SE bringing rain or sleet arriving from the northwest during the afternoon and evening. However, north of London perhaps across the northern Home Counties - sleet or snow is possible, with some significant snowfall across the E Midlands, Cambs, Beds, Herts, Norfolk and Suffolk. Though this snowline maybe revised further south - so a case of nowcasting.

As the low, bringing the rain, sleet and snow southeast, arrives somewhere near/off the Kent/Essex coast by midnight tomorrow night - rain is likely to turn increasingly back to snow overnight into Tuesday morning as cold air cuts on from the NE - so a covering in places to wake up to on Tuesday. Sleet and snow showers continuing through Tuesday on the cold NE wind across the SE, most frequent towards the N Sea coasts. Temperatures on Tuesday only reaching 1 or 2 C at best.

hi nick was going with that idea re this

PPVG89.gif?31415

Posted

So excited I ran outside in my jammie's to take a pic...

Edit: for some reason it's upside down but when you click on it it's the right way up!

Laying on cars but not pavement.

post-5283-0-36936800-1358115092_thumb.jp

Where you in F'Stone - I'm along Guildhall Street - still got some light stuff coming down.

Posted

Is it just me or is the blob making a sudden in road west?

i've been watching this too. a slight shift may be?

Posted

Quick question, not model related.. How come the SE and London Regional section has the loveliest ladies compared to other regional sections??

Posted

Where you in F'Stone - I'm along Guildhall Street - still got some light stuff coming down.

Up near the East Cliff...only quarter of a mile from the cliff so always a bit marginal.

Posted

Going by the MO message to croydon council and your cryptic messages, what have you spotted JP?,

hi alaxis

more of a gut feeling we will see a slightly further western shift of the colder air

has done it on the 12z and moreso on the 18z

this is the lets watch the radar

better than the tv rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

My mate just posted this on FB from alderly edge somewhere up north - only been snowing a little while - enough to make us "Wel Jel" ha ha:

8f85b205f623b086e699040e7530a2bf.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Quick question, not model related.. How come the SE and London Regional section has the loveliest ladies compared to other regional sections??

What a charmer ha ha

Posted

Latest bbc forecast

Tonight no snow

Tomorrow afternoon snow north of Thames

And more snow north of Thames later on in the evening as front comes back and clears had rain in south London and whole of Kent

Posted

So refreshing to know that I'm not the only one that rushes to the bedroom window to see if it has snowed. My partner thinks I'm slightly obsessive about it and entertains me by pretending to be slightly enthusiastic haha.

Anyway, off to bed. The constant running to the window and my incessant talking about the snowis annoying those around me. Thanks to all that have taught me(indirectly) about the weather and how difficult it is to forecast snow. I thought law was challenging - people on here make my job look so easy.lol

Bye and enjoy.....where applicable.