Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Thread - January 13th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

sun shining now, snow melting, pfffft, never again will i get excited a few days out of a possible snow event this was built up and built up, then we have been massively let down

Posted

Melting here to (paths and road), plus it seems to have gone a bit sleety, although it is very light. Hopefully should stay on other surfaces.

Hi

Got to travel to Sheffields Childrens hospital tomorrow, coming from Cleethorpes on the East coast, do you think the snow will have gone by tomorrow. Any info will be helpful

Posted

My god, shhhhhhhhh, lol

haha, had my rant its over now, but i bet i aint only one feeling like this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Light snow is starting to fall a bit here, so I suspect any showers will be snow - uppers will be cold enough as the warm sector is nowhere near here now.

Posted

Plenty of showers rattling in to the NW.

If strong enough flow we can someimes get them over here and wuth the current temp they may be wintry?

The lower uppers are really digging in now, any showers for us now will be settling snow.

Just a case of will we see any showers now it's cold enough lol.

We have around a centimetre of snow here, quite slush in town but on grasy surfaces probably 2 cm.

How much a have you got cheese rice if your there? Bet your elevation has made all the difference!

Posted

Also I am really suprised that you guys in the east aren't reporting much, thought with it settling as far west as me at quite low ground, in your colder uppers you would certainly have had all snow.

It's melting here as well. Are we looking at another band passing through?

I wouldn't have thought so, we might get some showers if were lucky.

Posted

Hi

Got to travel to Sheffields Childrens hospital tomorrow, coming from Cleethorpes on the East coast, do you think the snow will have gone by tomorrow. Any info will be helpful

Main roads are fine, side roads with little traffic are slushy, you should be ok :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

just south of the humber been going now for 2.5hrs still in the centre of it according to radar now

easing down, i feel the front is slowed down and satrting to pivot thoughts anybody!! oh bout 5cm

measured on fence.

Posted

Also I am really suprised that you guys in the east aren't reporting much, thought with it settling as far west as me at quite low ground, in your colder uppers you would certainly have had all snow.

Probably not much more than most! Just over 5 cm on the table top and snow slowing down now.

post-9064-0-92354400-1358172299_thumb.jp

Edited by jackst01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snow melting slowly on concrete surfaces with the temperature at 1.0C- probably a combination of high dew points and thawing from underneath due to warm/wet ground, although there is no evidence of thawing on grassy surfaces yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Drip, drip.. I see some blue sky. No thaw on grass, steady thaw on roofs and paths. No big deal there. Maybe the skies will clear in time for nightfall?

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Snowy Scarborough!

post-10637-0-13703800-1358173041_thumb.j

Well a snowy back garden in Scarborough!!

Edited by PMPhotography

Posted

Last post from me this winter...but i hope mild wins out very soon..there no point it bein cold n snowless. Lookin forward to warmer temps fingers crossed for them coming soon! Better than sat wastin time watchin non events get closer.

Posted

Last post from me this winter...but i hope mild wins out very soon..there no point it bein cold n snowless. Lookin forward to warmer temps fingers crossed for them coming soon! Better than sat wastin time watchin non events get closer.

Unlucky, sounds like you're in the minority in terms of a non-event for the more Eastern areas. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

It's still coming down in Lincoln, and now even the main road outside the office is covered, though it has become finer flakes in the last 15 minutes, and I suspect we're getting towards the back edge of the ppn.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

Nice pic Lincstim.It looks like it's nearly over for us now, but we've done really well today and with cold days and nights to come it will stick around for daysgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

Blazing sunshine and melting snow on cars, roads, pavements here in E Sheff. Would have been nice to have a big dumping of the white stuff, but this was good enough. Hopefully next weekend might have something to show us. dirol.gif