Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Thread - January 13th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

it's been at it for about a hour here, large wet flakes, but fairly light. enough to put another covering on the parked cars though!

it doesn't seem to be fizzling out either, it seems to be keeping going watching the radar good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Where this precip come from and how long it last?

Posted

And the weekend. Snow for the south of our region. Although this will change, it illustrates the great potential for some decent snow events at the end of this week and into the following one

130115_0000_144.png130115_0000_144.png

Posted

And the weekend. Snow for the south of our region. Although this will change, it illustrates the great potential for some decent snow events at the end of this week and into the following one

130115_0000_144.png130115_0000_144.png

It will be interesting to see the outcome but at the moment its all looking very good

I think yesterday was sign of things to come

and some forecasters did say back last year "Mid January - February" will be some of the coldest and snowiest days we have seen in a long time and the models are showing this at the moment

Posted

It will be interesting to see the outcome but at the moment its all looking very good

I think yesterday was sign of things to come

and some forecasters did say back last year "Mid January - February" will be some of the coldest and snowiest days we have seen in a long time and the models are showing this at the moment

Definitely, a quick scan of the GEFS and about 3/4 have the band reaching us (Friday) while others either don't reach us at all or just fizzle out. Its one to keep an eye on! As i have exams next week and need to be back at uni (although Sheffield is only 20mins away) it will no doubt throw it down with snow or come not at all laugh.png

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms. Big ones.

Very light snow starting to fall in Skipton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I knew those showers further east wouldn't make it here - the snow cover back home is just pointless and pretty ugly, too much green poking out for my liking and no doubt under fog and overcast skies, it will feel pretty bleak. Either bring on the next snow event, or a thaw, because I'm losing interest rapidly.

Posted

I knew those showers further east wouldn't make it here - the snow cover back home is just pointless and pretty ugly, too much green poking out for my liking and no doubt under fog and overcast skies, it will feel pretty bleak. Either bring on the next snow event, or a thaw, because I'm losing interest rapidly.

Not seen the possible blizzard conditions the ECM and Ukmo are showing for Friday? Or the heavy snow gfs has for Friday albeit milder sat into sun if gfs is right??

Posted

Not seen the possible blizzard conditions the ECM and Ukmo are showing for Friday? Or the heavy snow gfs has for Friday albeit milder sat into sun if gfs is right??

If being the operative word. It may end up being a repeat of yesterday, it may not happen at all. If it does, then great, but if it ends up being patchy and icy then I'm not interested and I'd rather it not occur. If it is followed by a rapid thaw then I'm also not very interested. This cold week will be a waste, no pretty snow whatsoever.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Ooo.. It has been snowing quite heavily here the last 15mins or so ..

B. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Very nice band showing up heading our way

Posted

It has just started snowing heavily here but it wont add much to the cover as its still slightly too mild at 1.1C. Nice to see though.

The sky cleared overnight it fell to -2.6C in the end, the roads were terrible this morning.

Posted

If being the operative word. It may end up being a repeat of yesterday, it may not happen at all. If it does, then great, but if it ends up being patchy and icy then I'm not interested and I'd rather it not occur. If it is followed by a rapid thaw then I'm also not very interested. This cold week will be a waste, no pretty snow whatsoever.

Much colder air will already be in place, and angle of attack on all charts would ensure Friday would be an all snow event. Note the south easterly flow

81-289.GIF?15-678-101.GIF?15-678-574.GIF?15-6

Posted

Very nice band showing up heading our way

Bet you anything it will not reach here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

small_0494.jpg

small_0495.jpg

small_0496.jpg

Where u from?

small_0499.jpg