Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 14/01/13, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Do you think those snow showers will make it to the Swindon area, looks like they are fragmenting , and nothing mentioned on bbc weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

They were pushing South Westwards,i was about 12 miles from the showers when the started to veer South !!!! rofl.gif

Thats a good sign then, i hope they keep up intensity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

They were pushing South Westwards,i was about 12 miles from the showers when the started to veer South !!!! rofl.gif

Ok Ok, but I DID run the animation at the time and you know what, they've bloody well fizzled out. cray.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

This is how Friday looks;

post-12721-0-47662300-1358249982_thumb.j

Very messy and very unclear.

Looks like one of my nephews pictures!

Posted

Very true, but snow makes us happier than dreary rain.

i will be very happy with a decent snow event in bournemouth (They aren't common) and just make the most of that and any other surprises before the weekend. Beyond that the latest met office 6-15 is fairly uninspiring for my neck of the woods - way beyond marginal but feeling cold, wet and windy.

I suspect any transitional event at the end of the week (if it occurs at all) will be the usual nerve-jangler on the coast - lets just hope that for once we keep a SE feed to give us half a chance. Rest assured Alexis Green on South Today will say "rain along the coasts" regardless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. I honestly don't have a clue about reading models. I am simply a mum of two young boys who wants them to experience some proper Winter weather and have some fun! Until today I've had a high risk for snow on Friday but now it has dropped dramatically and I now have a high risk next week! It always seems to get pushed back which is very frustrating! Can anyone tell me if there's still a chance of snowfall in the south west on Friday or is it less likely now? I'm near Holsworthy if it helps. Thankyou and apologies for waffling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

The forecast for Dorchester has upgraded on the BBC forecast, it was showing sleet on Sat but now showing snow, it is changing every few hours so there really is no point in wondering/worrying about what will happen on Friday........it's simply to far away to say with any accuracy...........so don't panic about rain rather than snow until you look out the window.

After a surprise dusting here this morning the snow is still on the roofs out of the sun. I am very near the coast so just goes to show you can get snow on the south coast when rain is forecast. That said it has caused chaos on the roads around here, very dangerous due to earlier rain washing away the grit then turning to snow. Some roads are only just clearing now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

It's ok. I watched Olly's link. Guessing its still on currently! :-)

Posted

Do you think those snow showers will make it to the Swindon area, looks like they are fragmenting , and nothing mentioned on bbc weather

Not a chance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. I honestly don't have a clue about reading models. I am simply a mum of two young boys who wants them to experience some proper Winter weather and have some fun! Until today I've had a high risk for snow on Friday but now it has dropped dramatically and I now have a high risk next week! It always seems to get pushed back which is very frustrating! Can anyone tell me if there's still a chance of snowfall in the south west on Friday or is it less likely now? I'm near Holsworthy if it helps. Thankyou and apologies for waffling!

Theses are some of the best posts on the subject at the moment, please have a read.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75558-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-140113-12z-onwards/page__st__640#entry2502872

and

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75558-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-140113-12z-onwards/page__st__640#entry2502913

THINGS ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO PREDICT WHEN IT COMES TO THESE PARTICULAR WINTER SYNOPTICS, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION PLAYING A HUGE PART AS EVER.

Posted

Has anyone seen this yet? http://www.bbc.co.uk.../feeds/21027548 lots of uncertainty still!

ROFL, 5C over Exeter with snow falling. I know, I know cold uppers, but with warm lowers it aint gonna be hanging around 2 seconds.

Still, some now casting.

Worra belter of a day, lovely sunshine, the sea is like a mill pond, and it's 4.6°C, that's the sorta cold weather we like.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Blowing my own trumpet one last time.

I hope folk also find the following link useful as to where the GEFS 12z ensembles suite suggest we are heading.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75558-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-140113-12z-onwards/page__st__640#entry2502982

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Oh dear, loosing all faith in snow on Friday now after viewing Ian F and Matt H latest tweets :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Has anyone seen this yet? http://www.bbc.co.uk.../feeds/21027548 lots of uncertainty still!

Like that big white patch over the forgotten sout west!!

Posted

Oh dear, loosing all faith in snow on Friday now after viewing Ian F and Matt H latest tweets :-(

Met Office have just issued severe weather warning for Friday... As the weather breaks down, there is the potential for a spell of snow to spread from the southwest. As winds strengthen, blizzard conditions are a possibility, especially over high ground. Accumulations of 2-5 cm are possible quite widely and in some locations, especially higher ground, 15 cm are possible.

The public should be aware of the possibility of travel disruption. This warning is likely to be updated over the next few days.

For South West & Wales

Edited by Olly

Posted

I just cannot see this being a snow event friday look at the temps for the south and west all week, warmest cold spell i can remember lol not even any frost yet for me! 4.8oc here in Bournemouth, just goes to show what a load of rubbish following charts can be, this was meat to be snowmageddon a few days ago, and a winter to remember yep will be remembered all right, full of let downs!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Met Office have just issued severe weather warning for Friday... As the weather breaks down, there is the potential for a spell of snow to spread from the southwest. As winds strengthen, blizzard conditions are a possibility, especially over high ground. Accumulations of 2-5 cm are possible quite widely and in some locations, especially higher ground, 15 cm are possible.

The public should be aware of the possibility of travel disruption. This warning is likely to be updated over the next few days.

For South West & Wales

Oh, happy days then, hopefully they can change "update" to "upgrade" :-)

Posted

The faith will no doubt be back when the 12z model suite roll.

I would suggest that you and others don't react to any one post, whomever it may be from. Wait for the trend to react to all the latest data, of which the afternoon runs (because of added balloon data) will be the ones to watch!

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Snow for South West England :

Bath and North East Somerset, Bournemouth, Bristol, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, Poole, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, Torbay & Wiltshire

Valid from: 0900 on Fri 18 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2355 on Fri 18 Jan 2013

As the weather breaks down, there is the potential for a spell of snow to spread from the southwest. As winds strengthen, blizzard conditions are a possibility, especially over high ground. Accumulations of 2-5 cm are possible quite widely and in some locations, especially higher ground, 15 cm are possible.

Issued at: 1233 on Tue 15 Jan 2013

This warning is likely to be updated over the next few days.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=sw&from=rss&sn=E0CA7FAE-F986-851C-17A7-3DC5AA173D94_1_SW&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-3.69&lat=50.95&fcTime=1358164860

Posted

Oh for goodness sake one person says they have lost faith in it being snow after reading tweets then in the very next post someone else says the Meto have a severe weather warning out now for snow on Friday! I wish Id never found these forums Im slowley going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!