Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 14/01/13, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

anymore to come! covering on the cars, roofs, etc Still snowing

Maybe but it looks like heading slightly further west than previous again so more likely devon and far west somerset maybe if they hold.

Posted

dont know if it was still snowing but he drove through and then phoned when he got home to say the roads were all white and really slippery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Guys and gals once this snow/rain passes the temp soon drops rapidly, any wet surfaces here have frozen here in Cardiff and the SW will be next, be careful in the morning everyone!

Posted

still heavy rain here just not high enough.

how do you find out how high you are?

Check out http://www.getamap.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk/

And go to the get a map service.

If your having problems let me know offline and I'll try and help.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Morning all. Well we had all of five minutes of sleet/snow here in North Bristol/South Glos last night. All eyes towards Friday and the weekend now when it looks like we'll possibly see something far more widespread and substantial. Anyway take care on those icy roads this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Morning all from Newbury. Quiet and dry night and I think temps just kept above freezing. Just seen BBC breakfast weather and I think ( still half a sleep) she mentioned maybe some development that they were keeping eye on from Wednesday . I assume she may have been referring to Friday cos I don't recall anything being discussed for Wednesday....?

Edit: carol was referring to Friday. Having watched it again she said "Friday is giving us a headache"....

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Morning all. Stayed above freezing here last night.

Just popped in the mod thread and I'm more confused than ever. Rain forecast for Friday now apparently and then some saying snow fest. It's all to much to comprehend at this early hour.

Posted

Yes the trend does seem to be hinting at a midlands north snow event for Friday now. But things will likely chop and change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Yes the trend does seem to be hinting at a midlands north snow event for Friday now. But things will likely chop and change.

It will change for sure. Nightmare to forecast but meto are currently going for the low to slide along the south coast. If you look at temp differences for sat you will see Bournemouth at 6 with places like Newbury not getting much above freezing. From a IMBY point of view, it would be great if the low would actually be 100 miles further south. Looking at ECM and GFS this looks unlikely at this time. As we live this far south I guess we are used to this and we end up with a wintry mix and watch pictures of other parts of the country getting pasted.

Meto have me snow from 3 pm Friday... and still snowing at 9 pm Saturday.... I can dream........

Me too. Let's just hope that their right. biggrin.png

Currently -0.7C here. May struggle to rise above freezing.

Seeing as the temperature has now dropped to -1.4, warming up doesn't seem to be favourable here at the moment. It's going to be a problem for people getting to work, and school with the amounf of ice around.

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted

Meto have me snow from 3 pm Friday... and still snowing at 9 pm Saturday.... I can dream........

Certainly on the cards:

84_20.gif

90_20.gif

and for quite a bit of the day!

96_20.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Just checked the models cause I was slightly concerned by this, but after checking every single model, gem,gfs, ECM , met gm, bom gfs ens, they all show a strong snow event still for the sw. At least 12 hrs of snow for upto 48 hrs of snow. They all put back the cold breakdown now to Sunday and even then some bring back the cold again within 24 hrs, the trend seems to be to pull back from the second attack keeping the cold in place or to make the second attack still cold enough for snow or marginal.

Just to round it off checked the meto forecast and they have 48 hrs all through Friday and Saturday of continuous snows, never seen that before for by area. Temps for 36 of those hours are either 0 or -1 and rise to 1 for the final 6 hrs. Which is as far the forecast goes.

Still not guaranteed as its not yet within t48 but as you as you can get from t78 to t120 IMHO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I would advise great caution before heading into the mod thread this morning, personally I would wait until the 06z roll out, very conflicting, but I'm not worried, general theme seem to be GFS still moving towards UKMO and ECM looking ok with room for southerly improvement.

Posted

Be carefull with the model thread they are concentrating on the Sunday breakdown not the Friday event as the Sunday breakdown is the one that will effect more parts of England. For us the Friday event is the band that stalls in effect over the west. Of that there is no change.

Posted

Net office show sleet for Friday as does met check and bbc weather hopefully it will change!!!

Net weather forecast also has no snow for me!!!

Edited by jessandjon

Posted

Just checked the models cause I was slightly concerned by this, but after checking every single model, gem,gfs, ECM , met gm, bom gfs ens, they all show a strong snow event still for the sw. At least 12 hrs of snow for upto 48 hrs of snow. They all put back the cold breakdown now to Sunday and even then some bring back the cold again within 24 hrs, the trend seems to be to pull back from the second attack keeping the cold in place or to make the second attack still cold enough for snow or marginal.

Just to round it off checked the meto forecast and they have 48 hrs all through Friday and Saturday of continuous snows, never seen that before for by area. Temps for 36 of those hours are either 0 or -1 and rise to 1 for the final 6 hrs. Which is as far the forecast goes.

Still not guaranteed as its not yet within t48 but as you as you can get from t78 to t120 IMHO.

Posted my quick comment whilst on the bus coming into work.

Must admit the Mod Disc Thread views are a bit misleading from a couple of posters in there this morning - v confusing with no access to charts!

I'll take your views over the posters in there this morning! That'll teach me for posting early in the morning.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Mod thread always ignore the south west anyways... Like it never existed

Get in there and make your point with some charts then!!:clap: