Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 14/01/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

This thread is turning me into an insomniac....Hardly slept last night due to snow-watch excitement. I think tonight I'll just pretend there is nothing at all going on weather wise and actually go to sleep!

Posted

Really cannot see no snow tonight going by the latest radar if anything its going to hit braintree at best hit and miss there to...

Sodding stupid easterly. Give me a north easterly any day of the week...

Let's hope GP is bang on the money with his forecast for a notable spell from the north east towards months end and into February...

Edited by london-snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yep looking like a slight pivital movement and currently moving in a SSW direction. Might be able to put a smile on that Stephanie in Sussex's miserable face.

I'm running a course on how to read a precipitation radar tomorrow for anyone from Essex, maybe the tornado storm chasing weather god Paul Sherman may be interested

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Well, I shall be putting ALL my faith in my trusted phone weather app (the free one that comes with the iPhone). *checking it now* yep, it's going to snow tonight!!!! You don't need all those fancy smancy charts and radars!!!

Posted

Really cannot see no snow tonight going by the latest radar if anything its going to hit braintree at best hit and miss there to...

Sodding stupid easterly. Give me a north easterly any day of the week...

yes mate i do think you are right by looking at the predictiv patten on the radar i would be suprissed to see much snow if at all ...that just my novice point of view

Posted

ok, its going to snow loads, upgrades galore, lets ignore the facts, lets not be realistic yay

Am I doing it right?! smile.png

no mate, you could be right regarding the wrap-around, as i said earlier, its a dynamic situation. however, it may not look right on the radar right now but if you look at the charts i posted earlier, the wind direction is due to change around midnight, bringing the precip further inland. we have all seen the weather we want "heading our way" only for it to swing in the wrong direction at the very last minute. that works both ways, as it stands now, its doing what its supposed to. we just have to wait and see if it stays on track.

no point in arguing over it, we cant change what happens.

however, the weather can.....

Edited by bobbydog

Posted

Netweather radar has the curl back only about 50 miles from Thames estuary so something should definitely fall from the sky from East London across to Kent coastiwould have thought. Perhaps light. But something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Temp +1, dew +1 - dropping very slooooowly. Yamkin's snow risk charts bring a little hope for a surprise tomorrow morning - or when I do my middle of the night lamppost check

Posted

f f s, OK

I'LL post a piccie then, showing the progged wrap just after midnight, its spilling out from NE to SW

(thats top right to bottom left for the geographically challenged)

If this verifies, almost all the SE will have the cloud at least pass overhead ;)

All right, peeps? ;)

post-13757-0-45535800-1358201579_thumb.j

Posted

ok i wont mention the pivot or lack of until after the event, if it doesnt ill await the apologies smile.png

dont worry mate i think you are right .we will see in the morn............

Posted

ok i wont mention the pivot or lack of until after the event, if it doesnt ill await the apologies smile.png

There's no doubt that the system has pivoted, what is in doubt is whether it will do so enough to come back down and hit our region. I am bearish on my prospects here but others may get something from it.

Posted

i think some people dont know how to take a bit of fun and light hearted joking in here,

i see a few posts that were plain to see a joke and leg pulling and was taken as such by most and then then you get the serious ones that dont know how to take a joke, please take comments with a pinch of salt then it doesnt seem so bitter . hope that came out the way i ment it to lol