Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 14/01/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

Hope that pivot isnt draggin the precip out towards the Thames estuary with nothing heading towards SE counties.

Happen when ??

It does look like it's getting dragged into the North Sea where it will all be wasted! Maybe the winds will back Nor'East but I find that normally you can prog systems by their trajectory at this range do I am not hopeful here in west London.

Posted

I don't know why some try and doubt the snow amounts reported!! One only has to play back the radar and they will be able to see that there would be a sweet spot, Thanks for the SSnoW photos!

no sry man just a bit of godeing thats all it was.it was the 0870 number that made me laugh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

6 inches / 15.5cm of snow in north central Norfolk near Bawdeswell (NR20)227613_10100525486408086_1078461339_n.jpg

734746_10100525507760296_633718623_n.jpg

timelapse of it falling:

thats well good

Nice one stormbell

Posted

for those doubting my damn ruler! 734074_10100525522021716_510789933_n.jpg

i belive you man was only jokeing ..sry................................................................................tease.gif

Posted

To be fair, it looks quite believable. Consider that the guy has the highest elevation in Norfolk. (But I previously thought Norfolk was flat...)

Anyway, had he measured it on the path, it would be significantly less. Perhaps an inch or two. Have another look on the vid.

Edit: I see you are in here, stormbell. Can you measure it on the garden path, please? Thats where I would measure mine!

Highest elevation in Norfolk...... AND a garden tablelaugh.png Just kidding, well done.

Posted

Going to be cold the next few days, we really want it as cold as possible, ice days will help keep the ground frozen...and then we wait for the atlantic to try and attack. The ECM op was a good run for that, the UKMO probably would give snow as well. GFS was too progressive for a decent fall of snow though many of its ensembles do have a big snow-rain set-up (NOT like today where we get a dusting followed by snow that doesn't settle, this would be a good 3-5 inch job before things turn more marginal.)

Plenty to play for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Given that that band is carrying a 6" payload huge parts of the SE are going to wake up to a nice surprise tomorrow IMHO

Posted

Phew just got in from uploading todays timelapse from greenhithe...

Epic out there....

S

dont mate pls dont ,just dont get me started again i just got told off.........lolol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Latest from the UKMO:

EssexWeather

Shower risk for tomorrow downgraded on new data. Any snow around midnight will probably be the last until the weekend.

14/01/2013 21:44

Posted

Lol

I have actually been to Fayetville (Arkansas) granted it was about 95f when I went but hey! Probably on the same latitude as Northern Africa as well - DOH!

Posted

Latest from the UKMO:

EssexWeather

Shower risk for tomorrow downgraded on new data. Any snow around midnight will probably be the last until the weekend.

14/01/2013 21:44

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted

Could be keeping your 100% Strike rate then!

Not bad!

Jeez its not hard to look at the radar and see it, do you think it looks like its backbuilding then?! Cause i dont