Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 16/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted

I think the forecasters at the Beeb (Old School) must have some sort of training instilled into them though, they seem very pessamistic not like the newer forecasters like Ian F Or Thomas $Hiityknickers for example.

One point in case and Nick F Will remember this, when we took Michael Fish to chase Supercells he was adamant nothing was going to happen or the cap break, all the signs were of a bubbling dryline and me and Nick knew it was about to go bang, a few wagers were batted back and forward and then a lovely Supercell gave us a show for the next 5 hours, Mr Fish did buy the pizzas that night though In Kansas so fair play to him for paying out on a losing bet!

Lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Ive just looked at met office 5 day forecast which was updated at 22.00 still showing snow from lunchtime friday right through & this is for many south east regions .Just a case of watching & waiting me thinks !

Guest bjaykent

What makes you think that, Chiono?

two of the three major models still bring snow across the south-east, 18z not called the pub run for nothing. Seems reasonable to me to suggest there is still time to move the amber warning east. As I said earlier computer models don't decide our weather, nature does. So wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hi guys today my hubbie was working in Hawkwell Essex, sun was shining but it started snowing he said it was very bizarre small grains like glass that glittered as they fell was only for a short while, anyway his van was covered quite quickly with these, he couldn't resist taking a pic to show me, so thought I'd show you all too:

ae4ae49e195f88e65a8d53f06d9fc151.jpg

Posted

I would normally ignore the METO app on my phone. It updated at 22:00 and its superb. Snow from Fri midday to 3am Sun.....Straw clutching now at its best. Desperate times here in SE Essex!!

Posted

Steve

Have a gander at Snowkings latest thoughts in the EA 3 Counties Thread, would like your thoughts on that as well please.

Seems possible and something you were alluring to earlier

Posted

Twenty four hours with 1cm per hour or 4 hours with 20 cm total but melt within six, OR no snow extra cold extra uppers colder and ne'ly and 40-50 cm next week? Which is more likely? Hehe ;) takes yer pick.....

Posted

Cockcroft always does it and hardly ever backs down till the las min

So many times I have seen him say

" don't know if you were watching a few days ago but now"

I think he just covers himself for longer than other forecasters

The only remotely fathomable reason I can think of as to why Peter Cocksoft is calling for rain/sleet on sat is that he simply only glances at the 850 temperature charts for his forecasts and hasn't yet grasped the fact that pulling in low dew points off the continent means you don't need -10c at 850 to get snow. doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Oh sky news weather had snow all the way but hardly any in Kent area

Eastern Kent already had some atleast let us deprived lot in the west of the County have some!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Twenty four hours with 1cm per hour or 4 hours with 20 cm total but melt within six, OR no snow extra cold extra uppers colder and ne'ly and 40-50 cm next week? Which is more likely? Hehe tease.gif takes yer pick.....

Ooooo, now there's a choice.....

Posted

Hi guys today my hubbie was working in Hawkwell Essex, sun was shining but it started snowing he said it was very bizarre small grains like glass that glittered as they fell was only for a short while, anyway his van was covered quite quickly with these, he couldn't resist taking a pic to show me, so thought I'd show you all too:

Thank you for that, absolutely fantastic good.gif

Posted

two of the three major models still bring snow across the south-east, 18z not called the pub run for nothing. Seems reasonable to me to suggest there is still time to move the amber warning east. As I said earlier computer models don't decide our weather, nature does. So wait and see.

If it weren't for the models we wouldn't know there was possible snow coming!

Also why do members keep saying 'well at least we keep the cold longer if the front doesn't reach us'

We will keep the cold whether it snows or not, doesn't make a difference! Saturday and Sunday look set to remain cold regardless of what the front does on Friday.

Only difference is our region is dry and the rest of the country get pasted.

I expect the 00z to correct in further west. Why? Because that's what the British winter weather does best - downgrade!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Essex Chelle- they are called Stella Dendrites....

Cold temps and low dew points required for them. Powder snow at it's best. High snow ratios.

Posted

When the upper air and colder surface temps are as cold as they are now you can see the individual flakes aka your photo..... My neighbour in faversham put a photo up yesterday...... You can see their individual makeup...... Lovely.....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

Indeed, all eyes on the next run. You can GFS bash all you want, but it's part of a westerly trend that starts to kick in only 36 hours out. A continuation of that next up and it could be curtains for many of us.

I don't mind waiting for next week's snow - I'll be in Biarritz this weekend where it's looking like rain, rain, rain and +12c.... That said I could use the match at Selhurst being called off so I that I don't miss it!

Posted

Liam Dutton still thinks we'll get snow:

Liam Dutton â€@liamdutton

Having looked at latest info closely, I think even S coast of Eng EAST of Isle of Portland could see 4-6 hours of snow on Friday. #uksnow

Isle of Portland is a long long way west though.

Posted

PPVM89.gif?31415

sundays updated fax chart

i will let you lot in kent work that out

Wheres the front gone on that? And the dartboard low looks like its dragging s h i te up from EU? no?

Edited by abovefreezing