Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I have thrown all of my eggs into one basket and have just cracked open bottle of wine number 2. Believe me if we don't get snowed off tomorrow then Ian Fergusson is going to get all sorts of abuse from me! :D

Lol. And the kids will have a grumpy miss who will tell them to shhhhhh keep the noise down lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I live just back from the Fairmile pub! I think this one's nailed on Divadee - can't wait for tomorrow morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

GTLTW, how's your map going?

Posted

Earlier Ian posted that it was 'on track' as forecasted - AWD said much the same. Guess it will slow in next hour or so as it 'hits' the colder air.

It actally is slowing down if u keep watching the front edge keeps weakening then fizzling out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Earlier Ian posted that it was 'on track' as forecasted - AWD said much the same. Guess it will slow in next hour or so as it 'hits' the colder air.

The band of snow over me at the moment should have cleared a few hours ago the speed it got here but it ain't moving fast - hopefully same applies to the main event!

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Ok, good luck to all those staying up for the night. I'm just going to hope it's like all my Christmas' at once in the morning but from a damp cold wallop it time to turn in and dream of deep drifts and crisp white snow.

Posted

That's weird - my road only has them on one side as well! The other side is a tree-lined school field and it's very dark over there. The extra height of the new posts do seem to direct the light into bedrooms more than the old ones did.

I asked the men when they were installing them why they were only on one side, he said the council thinks they are bright enough to light both sides of the road. Yes, we get the light in our bedroom too - my wife thinks they have cameras installed in them!! Wouldn't be surprised!

Posted

I live just back from the Fairmile pub! I think this one's nailed on Divadee - can't wait for tomorrow morning!

Where abouts Luke? You sound very very close to me!

Posted

I have thrown all of my eggs into one basket and have just cracked open bottle of wine number 2. Believe me if we don't get snowed off tomorrow then Ian Fergusson is going to get all sorts of abuse from me! biggrin.png

not ian ferguson more like Mother Nature you need to have words with

Don`t shoot the mesenger!!!!!

Posted

It actally is slowing down if u keep watching the front edge keeps weakening then fizzling out smile.png

And turning green (new radar subscription and having fun watching the colours), waiting for it to turn a pretty pink now. It's close, so close...

Posted

I asked the men when they were installing them why they were only on one side, he said the council thinks they are bright enough to light both sides of the road. Yes, we get the light in our bedroom too - my wife thinks they have cameras installed in them!! Wouldn't be surprised!

Same here OMM. Only one side of road, bright white but other side of road (and its not a wide side road at all) is very dark.

Posted

Thanks BB, I guess where the ppn just to our east is all static (and I noticed the same with some ppn over Swansea that the front is just colliding with now) its gonna hit a brick wall of colder, denser air.and slow down.

Just had a look on raintoday radar and there's massive amount of precip waiting in the wings just south west of Scilly Isles - it's coming!!! Let's hope temps and dew points continue to dip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

things are on schedule according to Ian who posted earlier, I'm more concerned about the fact that band doesn't look very heavy considering the amounts being forecasted to fall!

look again shockingacute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Rain starting to turn to snow allready here! And we've had a upgrade from the met ,3 hours of heavy snow .must bode well for people up the line!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Hmmm, well I'm guessing the fact that I can't see clearly out of my VELUX window in my bedroom means it must be snowing! Either that or they are desperately in need of a clean!! No lamp posts round here to check!! ( am out in the sticks near Halwill Junction/Ashwater) can hear a delicate pattering on the glass and its flipping windy!! Hoping I don't have to do the 23 mile drive to school in the morning!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Where abouts Luke? You sound very very close to me!

Crofton Close - hoping the roads will be good enough to get me and the sledge (and the children......) to Queen's Park golf course in the morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

look again shockingacute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gif

I knew you'd be on here ;) lol

Posted

Hang about people...if we are making him a sir then he needs to earn the title, if it doesn't snow then it's back to 'that man who does the weather on the tele.' and abuse from me if i have to teach on a couple of hours sleep and a red wine hangover. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

3.1C, DP -0.4, Wind SSE 3 Bft. Pressure 1010Mb and falling rapidly.

Hope to be able to sleep soon and wake up about 6 when things should have started to happen over here. Then a long walk to the Common* to ambush my daughter's facebook snowball fight at 12. Cowherds at 12 everybody! drinks.gif

*almost to work lol!

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

ok why is it raining ??? i suspecting dew points are too high

I heard on the bbc that the south west are due rain intially & then it bumps into the cold air from the east & bingo u get your snow & lots of it ,enjoy good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

I knew you'd be on here tease.gif lol

you know me. anyway i like the radar now its forming alot moreclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Hang about people...if we are making him a sir then he needs to earn the title, if it doesn't snow then it's back to 'that man who does the weather on the tele.' and abuse from me if i have to teach on a couple of hours sleep and a red wine hangover. biggrin.png

I have already decided I will not teach tomorrow. If it rains and all goes pearshaped I'm whacking on the video. Assuming we have snow then I'm assuming all the kids will want to stay at home and enjoy it - and parents arent going to fight their way through blizzards in an attempt to change their minds!