Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z Onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

I read It on thisisplymiuth derriford had some wool well, sorry for spelling mistakes in my phone!!!

Apparently Woolwell had a little.

Cool.. I suppose it's on the rise towards the moors and a bit in land

Posted

Weymouth seems to be mixed, reports of not much by the harbourside but I've managed quite a few cm a couple of miles North in my back garden (at a dizzy 35m ASL). Now made it to work at the top of Piddlehinton (& measured over 4 level inches with a ruler). JUST about passable, not looking forward to the return journey in an hour or so !

Posted

Pictures taken a moment ago, still coming down heavy in ventnorpost-12368-0-09518700-1358506478_thumb.jpost-12368-0-58394700-1358506494_thumb.j

Looks awesome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Still snowing but a thaw has set in now.

Posted

I think my children's school was the only one open round here!! I had to take them down in the trusty, freezing cold Land Rover. The schools are shut in Minehead yet they have less snow - no sense!!

Is it greedy to want more????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Pictures taken a moment ago, still coming down heavy in ventnorpost-12368-0-09518700-1358506478_thumb.jpost-12368-0-58394700-1358506494_thumb.j

Literally is the place they call the ISLE OF WHITE WIGHT. tease.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Morning everyone, haven't read through the thread so only have a vague idea about what's happened and where but up here in the hills, we're doing quite well. At 3 this morning when it had just started (bang on the METO forecast), the wind was fierce and snow horizontal. It's still windy here but the level depth on the patio table is 6 inches. The A37 is shut in various placed due to drifting, could be quite interesting up on the Mendip plateau....Porridge and coffee for me, then off out with the camera in the Landy, see how far I can get. Hopefully pics later.

Have fun.

Sounds like a good day!

Posted

It's coming down moderately again here, definitely beats 2010! biggrin.png

This really is excellent and, have to say, a bit unexpected given the temp late last night.

Been out this morning with the kids and built snowmen, snowball fights, and taken plenty of pics. I'm happy for the rest of the winter now.

Posted

Gaps that appeared to be opening for NE Bristol seem to be closing as they approach so it's still light snow and lots blowing around in the wind off the trees. Hope for some more off those showers in the channel later

Posted

I read It on thisisplymiuth derriford had some wool well, sorry for spelling mistakes in my phone!!!

Just had a look and some nice pictures up there!

Just got back home from my walk. My school had to be the only secondary school in Swindon open today, and after a 40 minute walk getting there, it was open for a grand total of 20 minutes before we were all booted out and then another 40 minute walk home. I wasn't too happy with that. Nothing around here has been gritted, and roads are impassable. I'd advise you don't travel through or near Swindon unless urgent. Busses are running, but very slow and behind timetable, and I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped running altogether in the next hour or two with a couple of hours of Heavy snow still to come. Stay safe all!

Currently about 4-5 Inches of snow here, with drifts in exposed areas of about 10 inches.

Good advice year round rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Wind,Lightning

Heavy snow...strong wind...blowing the snow everywhere! 3 inches here and counting! Very pleased with this! good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I said to my weather followers that the snow would start around 3am. I shone my torch out at that time and it was pretty much bang on!

This is what it looked like in graph form ..

x2npqu.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Gaps that appeared to be opening for NE Bristol seem to be closing as they approach so it's still light snow and lots blowing around in the wind off the trees. Hope for some more off those showers in the channel later

I'm thinking there must be some more from somewhere because my met office forecast gives me heavy snow all the way to 6pm??!! currently light snow and 0.0c

Posted

I'm thinking there must be some more from somewhere because my met office forecast gives me heavy snow all the way to 6pm??!! currently light snow and 0.0c

looks more convective now too.

Posted

Is it not going to pivot back?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Wind,Lightning

Hoping for a little more snow in Ferndown. It's not really doing that much at the moment ... can anyone let me know if there is any heavy precipitation to the east that's on its way to us?

Its belting down here!

Posted

Time to have a proper look at the charts and see whats going on for next few days, not had a look yet!

Let us know if the chart gods have anything for Cornwall