Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z Onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Wow, what lovely snow, still coming down, small but constant flakes. Wahoo!

Posted

A27 Chichester By-Pass Chichester, both ways at A259 Fishbourne Road

A27 West Sussex - Hazardous driving conditions on A27 Chichester By-Pass in Chichester at the A259 Fishbourne Road (West) junction, because of snow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sussex

Posted

Snowing lightly for 30 mins here but in last 5 mins it's really pepped up again! Moderate snow falling now.

Popped down to tescos just now and our main road thru Stoke Gifford is fine, just a bit slushy.

Back garden depth check just now shows 4 inches lying.

The wind has increased now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Snow eased off for a while but now getting heavier again! Great stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

MetO says that I now have snow all day until 9pm tonight. That wasn't forecast was it?

I have a feeling it will just be light flurrys after this last main pulse has moved slightly east as it seems to me (could be wrong) that it is stalling further east?

post-8911-0-00156400-1358502609_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

This is heavier and thicker than I can remember great stuff.:-)

Posted

I have a feeling it will just be light flurrys after this last main pulse has moved slightly east as it seems to me (could be wrong) that it is stalling further east?

You got those skies ready Mullender?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Looking further ahead, courtesy of the netweather front page headline. good.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disruptive Snow Today, Staying Cold & Snowy

52.jpg

Popular Pages

7 day Weather forecast - Local UK weather

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar

Will it snow? Snow risk forecast

Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK

10 Day Weather Forecast - Ten Days At A Glance

Powered by AddThis

We are looking at the most disruptive snowfall in parts of the UK today since December 2010. The heaviest falls will be across Wales, Northern Ireland, central and southern parts of England. But many areas will likely see some snow by the end of the day, as Atlantic weather fronts move northeast against the very cold air in place.

The snow is coming down thick and fast across Wales, The Midlands and much of southern England at breakfast time this morning and will continue to spread northeast across northern and eastern England during the day. The snow, which moved in overnight across Wales and SW England, has already brought around 6 inches on the ground across south Wales and we could see double this amount by the end of the day here with up to a foot (30cm) of snow accumulating. Also the southeasterly wind is strengthening across the west, with gusts of 40-50mph across SW Wales and SW England, so blizzard conditions and severe drifting of snow are likely - especially across high ground. So severe travel disruption is likely across south Wales and parts of The West Country. And the advice is for those in these areas, particularly south Wales, is not to travel unless the journey is essential.

Although south Wales will see the worst of the snow, the rest of Wales, Northern Ireland, The Midlands and much of southern England could see 4-6 inches (10-15cm) of snow by the end of the day, with up to 2 inches (5cm) for areas further north and east across England. The snow will probably not reach NE England and Scotland until later this evening, with western Scotland staying bright or sunny. But we will see frequent snow showers drifting onshore from the North Sea across NE England and eastern Scotland, bringing a few inches in places.

Snow will ease from the west across Wales and SW England this evening, turning to rain across the far southwest. But for many other areas, further snow is likely in places overnight, though becoming lighter in nature across central and southern areas. Temperatures will fall below freezing across many areas, so ice will become an increasing problem.

Saturday will be cold, cloudy and windy, with further outbreaks of mainly light snow in places - bringing further accumulations. With the snow cover, most areas will struggle to get above freezing and some places in the east may stay below freezing. More snow is possible across SE England and East Anglia on Sunday, otherwise drier and perhaps brighter across northern and western areas, but still remaining bitterly cold. Staying cold with further snow in places next week.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Ok thanks. I was sure that it was due to stop at lunchtime and then a thaw would start to set in.

I am not complaining, it looks very pretty smile.png

I'm off today too.Yes it looks very pretty out there.

Oooooo goody it is snowing again -proper snowflakes.:-),:-)

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wow, what lovely snow, still coming down, small but constant flakes. Wahoo!

If the Meto were to believed we should have 3 times this amount. While it looks good. Its a shame its not bigger flakes.

Beggers and choosers etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Snow is now very light in Southampton and there seems to be a bit of a thaw going on sad.png 0.0C and rising, DP -0.7C and rising.

Posted

post-8911-0-00156400-1358502609_thumb.pn

Feels like it's stalled here now!

Raintoday radar website down - what do u reckon M for rest of the morning looking at your radar feed?

Somerset, n devon near Exeter? Any thoughts looking at radar?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

Hahaha oooh where are you? I'm in Harestock. No buses here we are cut off! lol.

I used to live in Winchester too moved to Cornwall 5 yr ago, do miss the snow moments but have been lucky with snow in cornwall before, boys are gutted as they know snow is in Winch :) enjoy, also know harestock well haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Met office has snow all day for Dorchester yet the radar suggests it is petering out, can anyone give me a clue which is more likely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely jubbly, big flakes for last 20 minutes, now got over 3.5cm. This is going good, STALL, STALL,STALL!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Snow is now very light in Southampton and there seems to be a bit of a thaw going on sad.png 0.0C and rising, DP -0.7C and rising.

You might be in the slighter warmer sector of the snow band. We had snow that turned to rain earlier but it's been snowing steadily for 3 hours now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Any further updates guys n gals.

It seems I can cross a few locations off, so hopefully this marginality that a whole lot of us were concerned about has disappeared for now or at least, been delayed.

So, to repeat.

Has it snowed in................................

Coastal Dorset regions, such as Poole, Bournemouth, Weymouth etc.

Coastal Devon

Isle of Wight

Other regions of the Costa del South Coast

Lastly, how much rain has fallen in parts of Cornwall and Devon, for example.

Edited by gottolovethisweather