Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z Onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Mate im in Thame, didn't bother going to work today, it's been moderate snow here for about an hour and its given a light covering already. Really blowing around in the wind to. Should get some heavier stuff later.

Hope so mate, darker echos now creeping closer to here from the SW, heres hoping! good.gif

Posted

Megasnow in Winchester now. Kids off school, Wife off work. I have my laptop home and I am "working from home" hahahaha. 2 e-mails before lunch, 2 after, job done. Going on my sledge later.

Paul

Posted

No snow here, just rain, I am very confused as to how yesterday we had temp of 6c and dew point of -1 and there was snow blowing about and last night our temp went down to 3 with a -2 dew point and we just got rain, how can this be?. Is there any hope at all in the next few days for us in south west devon.

Posted

BBC weather on bbc1 just now indicating snow for much of our area past midday.

For the East of our region - Glos,cotswolds,Wilts, hants, dorset, berks - looks like an all-dayer!

Haven't seen this? Didd it include Oxford? Ta.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

So am I reading right that the sleet and rain forecast for this afternoon here in Bournemouth/christchurch could stay as snow?

Also just a gentle reminder to check on your neighbours if they are elderly or infirm. I have just phoned my two neighbours to see they are alright and the heating hasn't broken etc..,,

Temp of 0.3c an dp of 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

If it keeps this up all day I reckon on 6-8inches here. All hills on the Island roads are now bad according to IoW Radio.

My dentist just rang me and canciled cant get from Newport in 2WD car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

So am I reading right that the sleet and rain forecast for this afternoon here in Bournemouth/christchurch could stay as snow?

Also just a gentle reminder to check on your neighbours if they are elderly or infirm. I have just phoned my two neighbours to see they are alright and the heating hasn't broken etc..,,

Temp of 0.3c an dp of 0c

staying all as snow in our region :)

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=will-it-snow;sess=

Posted

A bus has had an accident on Cobden Avenue (downhill). Looks like he slid and slammed into the roadworks barrier on the triangle. Traffic is pretty backed up there. A Tesco lorry has stopped on the Cobden Bridge (uphill), no hazards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Unbelievably, I have just returned from the school run. Yep, my kid's school is OPEN!? And because I live just around the corner, there was no way I could get out of it :( It is horrible staring out the window wishing I could be building snowmen with the kids, instead of them sitting in the classroom.

Anyway, a good couple of inches here with fairly heavy snow fall.

Fingers crossed the school change their mind very, very soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

A bus has had an accident on Cobden Avenue (downhill). Looks like he slid and slammed into the roadworks barrier on the triangle. Traffic is pretty backed up there. A Tesco lorry has stopped on the Cobden Bridge (uphill), no hazards.

Thanks, ftolad. Hoping my hubby's boss sends him home soon and he has to come over the bridge.

Posted

so cold.. been out lorrys stuck on roads.. but omg the snowww gona upload pics and took a vid wooop

Think some might be jelouse...

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Sun

Been snowing here since at least 3.10am (I've had about 2 1/2 hours sleep) and got heavy around 6am. We now have approx 8cm of lying snow with it looking to continue well into the afternoon. I booked the day off work weeks ago - i'm SO excited!!!

Looks like more to come Mon, Tues & Wed next week too?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

so cold.. been out lorrys stuck on roads.. but omg the snowww gona upload pics and took a vid wooop

yep, you're just down the road from me, nice band of heavy snow right over your head.....not quite as heavy here but nice all the same

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

2" level snow here, blowing about so there are some minor drifts. Snow has been very light, almost sleety, since it got light. Guess that we had some rain beofre the snow as the village roads ar not too bad and already slushy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Just checked met office and it is still showing sleet and rain from 3pm ish. 😥 So hoping for an upgrade.

Posted

My school teacher is on netweather radar btw! I'm tempted to tell him i'm a member on here ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

From the Southern Daily Echo:

"The hill at Civic Centre Road in Southampton has been shut as a safety precaution due to the number of vehicles struggling - 10 were unsuccessfully trying to get up it and four were trying to get down"

I can't believe people were trying to negotiate that hill on a day like this! gives me the willies when it's dry and I drive an automatic lol.

Posted

Thanks, ftolad. Hoping my hubby's boss sends him home soon and he has to come over the bridge.

Other half says another bus has possibly slid into the first. Ambulance is trying to get through but difficult as most cars are bumper to bumper.