Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Well the Nae 12z out and its now at 18mm =18cm for tuesday.....Lol

Its not out to Tuesday ... http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=24&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD= Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Its not out to Tuesday ... http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Precip accumulations are, these are released earlier

Its not out to Tuesday ... http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

The accumulated precipitation is out

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

This is up to date despite other NAE charts not updating yet.

Looking at this some heavy precipitation 10mm+ in 6hrs for parts of SE Wales and Central Wales, Wouldn't need much a of a correction to effect other parts of Wales.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

i have just witnessed the council bringing a tractor up my street to remove the snow on the road and then the gritter coming behind it.I have never ever seen this in my life as our street never gets gritted.turns out their trying to do as many streets as the can.maybe they know something we don't or the complaints have been pouring in from people who wont drive in snow!

this happened in my street yesterday,couldn't believe it,how dare they ruin our snow!

Posted
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map&map=CloudAndRain&fcTime=1358758800&zoom=6&lon=-4.00&lat=52.77 The MetO high res showing some heavy precip to the south west 21:00 tomorrow. It has been there for a few runs now and it is moving north eastwards. Lets hope it is still there once they update to 00:00

Posted

What ever happens it happens between 6 and 12 oclock tuesday morning. In that time 16mm falls, now thats more than friday.

If only we could see mogreps to see if it agree's.

Edited by snowy36

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

NMM shows some snow for this area until at least 20:00, although easing after around 17:00.

Thanks. Looking at the radar run for the last few hours, the swirly blue green seems to be moving more across to the west, rather than tracking north as forecast. If that's so, then I suspect a further couple of inches of snow could fall in the next couple of hours. So long holiday, hello oil tank refill!

Posted

There's been virtually no snow melt on surfaces above ground level (fences, sheds, bins etc) and on the grass, still 3-4 inches.

Quite a bit of melt on roads and pavements, ground must have been too warm? But it's also frozen and the paths are like sheets of ice up to an inch thick!

Snow risk for today and tomorrow has decreased but Tuesday we have heavy snow forecast. Also seen some cold temp charts down to -10, -14 in rural areas this week :o

Posted

What ever happens it happens between 6 and 12 oclock tuesday morning. In that time 16mm falls, now thats more than friday.

If only we could see mogreps to see if it agree's.

also more marginal.

Posted

NAE showing an intense band of precip across South East Wales on Tuesday. More marginal for coastal areas than Friday but anywhere inland and higher up, its another big snow event. It will change im sure.

Posted

NAE showing an intense band of precip across South East Wales on Tuesday. More marginal for coastal areas than Friday but anywhere inland and higher up, its another big snow event. It will change im sure.

Im sure it will change and ill only take it serious if the met puts out a warning, then it means that mogreps on board.

The precipitation forecast for Tuesday seems to be developing feature it can easily move 100 miles or more at this stage, to exactly pinpoint where it will hit is troublesome.

Given that temps over Wales are much colder generally than in the run up to last Friday, remember it was 6c on the coast at Midnight Thursday, it seems to be less marginal to me. As ever time will tell.

The fact that NAE has such a potent area of precipitation moving into Wales though is very encouraging, better that than the mostly dry weather for tomorrow, however slight accumulations possible

Wales ice-yellow.gifIce

Issued at: 1333 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

Valid from: 0005 on Mon 21 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Mon 21 Jan 2013

Sub-zero overnight temperatures will lead to ice forming where snow has fallen or melted during Sunday. In addition there is the risk of further localised snowfalls of some 1-3 cm in places during Monday with a low risk of as much as 5 cm. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel during this continuing spell of wintry weather.

Edited by Jackone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

this happened in my street yesterday,couldn't believe it,how dare they ruin our snow!

Thats Caerphilly council for u,there when u don't want them and not when you do!

Edited by dbaloo

Posted

Anyone notice the bands of precipitation heading towards the south coast of wales from the tip of cornwall what do you thing the chances of that arriving here in the early hours??

Posted

Heavy snow in Mold for the last 2 hours nearly having been snowing at least lightly since 8 this morning. It's added another inch at least where its stuck to Fridays snow but its not quite cold enough to add to anywhere where the snow wasn't lying such as our path - melted instantly here and not been able to make its own layer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thanks everyone for letting me know, the NAE is fairly new to me.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had some slight snow blowing around for a while now, nothing much though! Will be interesting to see what happens Tuesday!

Posted

Anyone notice the bands of precipitation heading towards the south coast of wales from the tip of cornwall what do you thing the chances of that arriving here in the early hours??

Think that's the front that at one stage was due to make land-fall in the early hours of Monday and give another shot at a snow event, now forecast not to quite make it, I believe.

Kind of hope snow may be less marginal now we've actually the cold in, in this area anyway. Judge each event has on its merits though, obviously.

Edited by benb

Posted

Think that's the front that at one stage was due to make land-fall in the early hours of Monday and give another shot at a snow event, now forecast not to quite make it, I believe.

Kind of hope snow may be less marginal now we've actually the cold in, in this area anyway. Judge each event has on its merits though, obviously.

Strange because it seems to be beefing up all the way worth keeping an eye on I think but I guess the easterly wind will keep it away from us

Edited by Gorky101

Posted

SE Wales, atm, looking good again for a significant fall of snow on the 12z Gfs, too.

Any chance of a westwards correction on this one, similar to Friday just gone?