Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

The models do seem to be suggesting this however originally the mild from the west was meant to have won by now, and it still looks cold outside.

In the same way, the cold stays at T+120, the same is happening with the mild.

The mild will win out eventually but when?

End of March, hopefully.....

Posted

I'm betting it ain't gonna go mild for at least 3 - 4 weeks yet - the models have all been struggling with these conditions - and FI has been extremely short term - so anything past 2 days is a waste of time looking at - now then - my new business - I'm now selling SNOWMOBILES - and no this isn't a joke - the only way to get around up with me right now is by SNOWMOBILE - I will be selling a basic model - and a more luxurious model with two seats and some stroage space + a small sledge that you can tow with it also. These are ideal machines to get around easily in the snowy weather. The UK has serious problems putting up with the snowy and icey weather - and I've also been told the next 30 years will be cold - cold enough for our winters to be as bad if not worse than what we are having now - potentially the winters could end up being anything up to 3 months or more like this then - a "mini ice age" - I'm actually going to try one out in the next few days - so give me a wave if you see me down the local tescos - I'm not mad - these are very practical machines - which - while others are hibernating - you with your snowmobile could be out and about getting on with your life - in fact you could be making money with your snowmobiile doing errands for others!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

does any one think some of this system is coming further west than predicted ? looks to me from looking at rain today that it may come over here? Might be wrong just want to know others views on this have very very light snizzle now.

does any one think some of this system is coming further west than predicted ? looks to me from looking at rain today that it may come over here? Might be wrong just want to know others views on this have very very light snizzle now.

Doesn't look that further west, a few flakes are possible anywhere, but NE Wales most likely to any moderate snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Snowing here a bit

Posted

net weather have updated my location for snow from now until 3, got to look at digging the car out for the back to work in the morning :(

Posted

very light snow here in newport,it`s been snowing for a few hours.just a light dusting on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Bit of light sleet here and lots of dripping, sounds like a thaw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

no sign of a thaw at all here !!

nope no thaw at all infact the road is an ice rink....with very fine snow comming down

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

-0.2°C up here - definitely no thaw!

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Countryfile showed snow for Wales on Tuesday :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

Countryfile showed snow for Wales on Tuesday smile.png

got a link?

a better and more detailed country file forecast will be tonight between 7pm and 8pm

Posted

snowing heavily here in barry, albeit small flakes

flakes getting bigger now

Edited by scoggs

Posted

Which parts?

Was quite vague and shown over most of Wales, so probably won't end up like that. If you go onto Iplayer and watch BBC1 live you can rewind to just before twenty past twelve when I think it was on.

Posted

turned to snizzle now

Looks like there's a few showers in the Bristol channel :)

Posted

We have got snizzle here and just nearly did the splits as I went out to clean the snow of my car and take a couple of piccies

Posted

snowing here now for 3 hours - looking at the radar could be several hours more

Posted

Latest charts are showing the LP much further south for monday and tuesday and 6oC in SW not to sure about tuesdays event now.

Same on the weather video forecast on the BBC website

Light Snow shower for Tuesday. Then dry up until sat with 11oC haha

Edited by David 'Minty' Hill

Posted

Temp up to 1.4c here now, warmer than expected, so some slight melt. Would expect temps to start falling away again soon though. Highest temp in the last week is 2.7c so it hasn't exactly been bbq weather.

Posted

Latest charts are showing the LP much further south for monday and tuesday and 6oC in SW not to sure about tuesdays event now.

Same on the weather video forecast on the BBC website

Light Snow shower for Tuesday. Then dry up until sat with 11oC haha

NAE not too bad:

13012206_2006.gif