Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very slight thaw today max only 1c, back down to zero now though.

Big drifts along the Lampeter to Carmarthen road, Carmarthen itself a green oasis in a white landscape! Even here at work at St Clears a thin covering - heavy snow showers here yesterday evening my colleague said which showed on the radar too.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Still snowing here in Cardiff, flakes a little (very slightly) bigger than before.

Posted

GFS 12z have improved the snow chances for Tuesday dramatically more info after the ECM has come out, all I can say though atm is thats its looking very good for round 2!

post-17320-0-50259500-1358610986_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

GFS 12z have improved the snow chances for Tuesday dramatically more info after the ECM has come out, all I can say though atm is thats its looking very good for round 2!

This likely to keep changing however I think there is snow chances for snow coming up

Is it still snowing in cardiff?

Tiny snow grains here

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Longest icicle I've seen today is on the neighbours porch and is about 30-40cm but thin. I remember all houses here had icicles 1-2 feet long and quite thick in 2010. Hoping for the same over the coming days :)

Also some flakes of snow in Newport with darker clouds coming over..

Edited by ginkrots

Posted

tiny flakes coming down , hasnt moved above freezing all day , but it dosent feel that cold. looking ahead is there a possibility that we will see more snow on sun/mon /tuesday, noticed there has been some posters saying it is coming back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

been a rather strange day here today, been cloudy all day and looks like its going to snow but hasnt, slight thaw and icy out there, hoping for some more upgrades of snow here in wales over the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Still plenty of snow here. Slight thaw, now freezing again. 'Feels' like it wants to snow. Are we likely to thaw between now and Tuesday? Only asking as although I love the stuff, when the water is frozen, it's hard work ferrying water to the livestock. Not complaining though, I love my job ( except the relentless rain!!)good.gif !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Friday's snow was nice to see here in low ground Swansea we had a few cm's but higher up closer to 150m there was much more, was nice walking about and taking in the views.

I still think snow opportunities are present over the next few days while colder air remains in charge for now.

I see the NAE has been playing with the idea of Mondays front edging into parts of south wales however its latest run places it further south:

http://expert-images...012112_1912.gif

Something we will need to keep an eye on is Tuesday potential for more sleet and snow as shown on GFS and UKMO:

http://www.meteociel...60-21.GIF?19-16 < @ 60hrs UKMO

http://modeles.meteo...gfs-0-60.png?12 < 60hrs GFS

Low pressure closer by with colder air present over the British isles, snowfall distribution will be determined by where these fronts/troughs pass through/if at all, but chances seem somewhat high for some more snow across parts of Wales at least during the early part of next week.

Posted

Solid covering of snow from Templeton northwards in Pembrokeshire, with a small fresh fall overnight.

Quite a bit of snow up on the Preselis-

post-7763-0-37254700-1358615069_thumb.jp

post-7763-0-02830000-1358615100_thumb.jp

A few snow flakes blowing around in Tenby now and 1.8c.

Fingers crossed for next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Getting slightly heavier here, got a slight dusting surprised.

Yes I noticed that too, nothing on the radar though for some reason :S

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Over on the MOD thread there seems to be a bit of doom mongering into the cold spell coming to an end quite soon - probably end of the week latest.

The impression I get is that Wales will remain dry the next few days, not too cold at night - considering how cold it could get with snow on the ground and clear skies - the anticipated 'snow' *attacks* earmarked for Monday/Tuesday, if they do make it, could well be very marginal indeed.

Tomorrows front will not move west enough for us to get any action. Interesting times - but perhaps we are just hoping for more - but signs are we will be disappointed. Hope not.

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted

If you zoom right in on the radar (and have good eyesight lol), there's grey blobs over parts of S Wales. Barely visible and doesn't even show up on the M.O radar but its clearly producing snow in Newport and Cardiff.

Edited by ginkrots

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

If you zoom right in on the radar (and have good eyesight lol), there's grey blobs over parts of S Wales. Barely visible and doesn't even show up on the M.O office but its clearly producing snow in Newport and Cardiff.

Light snow coming down up here in the valleys as well.

JK

Posted

Yes snow quite moderate here in Cardiff!