Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Radar shows some ppn around Fishguard, a bit heavier in Aberyswyth and pounding it down in Caernarfon/Bangor/Ynys Mon.

Dim byd o werth yn unlle arall / Nothing of any worth anywhere else.

(Waiting to be corrected by those in the Swansea area.....)

Showers in Bristol Channel seem to be dying out very quickly as they hit land.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

well sky is grey and got some light snowfall

Posted

Prob it now until monday but wont be able to watch the radar as back in work I would imagine. Do we have a rough time scale on when its all about to kick off.

Posted

Prob it now until monday but wont be able to watch the radar as back in work I would imagine. Do we have a rough time scale on when its all about to kick off.

I don't think they even know if its on as yet, probs have to watch over the weekend.

Posted

I don't think they even know if its on as yet, probs have to watch over the weekend.

does that mean we may be on for more

Posted

does that mean we may be on for more

some are saying that there is a chance of more snow on Monday, but others are saying no snow for us but plenty for London area etc. I myself don't have a clue but will keep checking on the weekend to see what is going to happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Still snowing here, slowed down a little and the flakes now smaller, but a good 2 inches this evening....so far!clapping.gif I didn't think we were due for more!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Showers probably going to turn into a flurry or two when they reach here sad.png no worries more to come in the next couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Nuts met no stopping is there looks like continue there is all night ive just measured 17 inches on top of the garden walls but cant upload pics due to ipad not supporting it!!

Omg the amount of snow weve got today and still v heavy is nuts..

Posted

Nuts met no stopping is there looks like continue there is all night ive just measured 17 inches on top of the garden walls but cant upload pics due to ipad not supporting it!!

42CM??!! 4 2 C M ?! We need to see pictures haha there must be a mistake

Posted

I think that is true as in my area we had lots and lots of snow if you look at my pics from today you can see 14 inches on top of my car and 28 inch drifts,scroll back today and check my posts and it has snowed up there a lot longer than we had down south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Update on the snow potential for Monday/Tuesday: Ive done a map showing where places are likely to see snow (anywhere south and east of the red line) for Monday into Tueday, things can change but this is how the current oulook is developing, accumulations and duration of the snow will probably be clearer tomorrow evening.

post-17320-0-64591600-1358547774_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

NO mate lol. Been snowing moderate/ heavy for 14 hrs now went out with tape measure, im a carpenter by trade, so surely i should know measurements :-o haha :-) if i had flash support id upload the pic i took. Grrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

NO mate lol. Been snowing moderate/ heavy for 14 hrs now went out with tape measure, im a carpenter by trade, so surely i should know measurements :-o haha :-) if i had flash support id upload the pic i took. Grrrr

I can't confirm anything here in Deiniolen about the snow measurement, but 42cm, especially in the drifts seems to be correct - the snow outside is unbelievable. Temperature is currently -2.4°C and we've had nearly 14 hours of heavy snow. Here's some pics that I've stolen from Facebook of the local area. It's sad, that my Grandfather's funeral is suppose to be at 11am tomorrow morning. :(

post-15401-0-01678100-1358549332_thumb.j

post-15401-0-97425600-1358549334_thumb.j

post-15401-0-85467900-1358549337_thumb.j

post-15401-0-35435200-1358549340_thumb.j

post-15401-0-81255000-1358549343_thumb.j

Posted

Update on the snow potential for Monday/Tuesday: Ive done a map showing where places are likely to see snow (anywhere south and east of the red line) for Monday into Tueday, things can change but this is how the current oulook is developing, accumulations and duration of the snow will probably be clearer tomorrow evening.

How did u come up with that, why do u think they would miss out. I think its a tough call.

Posted

here in maerdy we have had just over a foot of snow with some excellent drifts some in side streets over 2 1/2 ft cant wait toget up into mountains tomorrow, even had some mad people travel miles to snowboard here .

Posted

Nice drifts there , 42cm is the lying snow of where has been untouched all day, ie garden walls ,tables etc around 2ft drifts onto walls etc. Quite amazed as im a less than a mile from a coast

I can't confirm anything here in Deiniolen about the snow measurement, but 42cm, especially in the drifts seems to be correct - the snow outside is unbelievable. Temperature is currently -2.4°C and we've had nearly 14 hours of heavy snow. Here's some pics that I've stolen from Facebook of the local area. It's sad, that my Grandfather's funeral is suppose to be at 11am tomorrow morning. :(

Edited by dyl232