Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Still hammering down here never seen such thing opened the door then to get some beers from outside, all of it came into the house lol. 12hrs non stop and still goin strong wohoooo!!!!

Posted

Wow them showers have a good chance of moving onto the coast! suprised to be honest - watch them die out now i've put the jinx on them. These showers could produce several cm of snow as they are so slow moving!

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Still hammering down here never seen such thing opened the door then to get some beers from outside, all of it came into the house lol. 12hrs non stop and still goin strong wohoooo!!!!

Wish i was there, that sounds impressive as long as you got the beers lol, what sort of accumulations do you have?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Very heavy snow here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Its drifting more than anything, doesnt stick a lot to the cars as it get blown away instantly. On top of walls in the garden table etc iv measured a foot.and around 2ft in drifts in some places, didnt expect this much. Where bout are u? And whats your accums?

Wish i was there, that sounds impressive as long as you got the beers lol, what sort of accumulations do you have?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

what is that circulation over devon/cornwall? it's fascinating me.

Posted

Meteociel.fr for the fax charts and for afew others( i like the graphics) and weatheronline.co.uk for lots of other charts

Lots( most) other people like wetterzentrale.de ., i just dont like the lay out.

thanks for that just need to understand them now ha ha

Thank you ever so much.I was going to ask you in the model thread but i posted there yesterday and got shouted down like a school boy in the headmasters office.I am just wondering so if needs be i can re-arrange work as i'm self-employed but at least i know if needs be now i can have a back up plan

sorry posted wrong place ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Snowing here again!drinks.gif fairly heavily, covering the paths I have carefully cleared. Wind easterly, but only 3-5 mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

No snow here now, very brief, precip to the north of me by fishguard, looks heavy and slow moving

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Good to see western areas seeing more snow :)

Posted

Here you go, they indeed look interesting! (84hrs hasnt updated so dont use it)

At 36hrs we have a weakening occluded front which should bring moderate/light snow showers to most of Wales, (however it would weaken quite considerably when it passes over the Beacons so mostly western Wales seeing the lighter snow, with the east seeing the more moderate snow)

thanks for that but I am not sure what to look for ha ha,need to learn,i know how to build snowmen does that count lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Its drifting more than anything, doesnt stick a lot to the cars as it get blown away instantly. On top of walls in the garden table etc iv measured a foot.and around 2ft in drifts in some places, didnt expect this much. Where bout are u? And whats your accums?

I havnt measured but on my table out back i would say around 6 inches, maybe a bit more maybe less with more in some drifts, im near one of the higher parts in swansea, would love to have a foot of snow never witnessed anything like that, but im sure i witnessed near blizzard conditions last night which was a shock and witnessing the rain turning to heavy snow in the early hours was epic.

Posted

Did the peeps in the red zone get their foot of snow?

Only the highest parts of the red zone got the full foot. I'm in it but I got 7 inches which seems to be a standard depth across Wales, even in areas far away from the red zone and in places which were expected to get rain just a few days ago.

Posted

Snowing hard in Aberystwyth still good 4cm here now upto 6cm in places with slight drifting, very unexpected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Light snow still falling from an orange sky.

Temp : -2.6c Wind chill -7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Snowing steadily here now, over 1cm in less than 1/2 hour. Pathways now completely recovered.

Posted

Did the peeps in the red zone get their foot of snow?

scroll back a few pages and have a look at the pics I posted, nice snow totals and drifts as well. they are over a few pages.

Posted

BLIZZARDS flakes as big as 2inch round :-o :-o

lucky you ,make the most of it,watch every flake,I'm gutted it stopped here

Posted

Southern Slopes of the Berwyn Mountain range got pretty pasted today for many hours

.....also around Caernarfon upto Caergybi/Ynys Mon - mainly Southern side of Anglesey got some pretty deep snow considering their height above sea level

About 5-6 inches on hills overlooking Rhuthun....but must be deeper over hills towards Bala/Llanfyllin

Some fine pibonwy/ icicles forming here at the minute :D