Coast

Posted

Eira mân / Fine Snow

Melting on roofs though... maybe I just need better insulation! smiliz39.gif

Edited by Penderyn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Still -1.1c here. No thaw

Remaining cold and wintry according to Countryfile forecast, Tuesday more likely to give snow than Monday and in such a complex siltation expect changes, in these setups snow can come from any direction, even on South Westerly winds as long as short draw.

As for Next weekend it looks as if the temps are struggling, GFS shows 2-4c for much of Wales with only the far west of Wales much warmer.

Posted

Remaining cold and wintry according to Countryfile forecast, Tuesday more likely to give snow than Monday and in such a complex siltation expect changes, in these setups snow can come from any direction, even on South Westerly winds as long as short draw.

As for Next weekend it looks as if the temps are struggling, GFS shows 2-4c for much of Wales with only the far west of Wales much warmer.

Yes Jackone Tuesday our best chance of a decent amount of snow we seem to be stuck in this cold overcast pool of air i can"t see any change in the next 7 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Had some very light snow blowing around here so far today.

Looking ahead it still seems possible that further snow will effect Wales but i can see the latest MO fax charts have moved the fronts slightly further south:

http://www.meteociel...fax48s.gif?19-0

http://www.meteociel...fax60s.gif?19-0

The NAE brings some more general sleet/snow in to SE/E Wales in to Tuesday so we will have to see what further runs show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

i have just witnessed the council bringing a tractor up my street to remove the snow on the road and then the gritter coming behind it.I have never ever seen this in my life as our street never gets gritted.turns out their trying to do as many streets as the can.maybe they know something we don't or the complaints have been pouring in from people who wont drive in snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

still snowing steadily here, settling on cold ground, snow ground and parked cars, maybe couple of centimetres, and now beginning to settle on roads. Must be Convoy Sunday, as cavalcade of 4x4 and landrovers sped their way through probably up to Llanarmon to churn up some other part of the countryside.

Posted

still snowing steadily here, settling on cold ground, snow ground and parked cars, maybe couple of centimetres, and now beginning to settle on roads. Must be Convoy Sunday, as cavalcade of 4x4 and landrovers sped their way through probably up to Llanarmon to churn up some other part of the countryside.

back in the 1960s... Llanarmon way was still unpaved road can you believe!

Posted

i have just witnessed the council bringing a tractor up my street to remove the snow on the road and then the gritter coming behind it.I have never ever seen this in my life as our street never gets gritted.turns out their trying to do as many streets as the can.maybe they know something we don't or the complaints have been pouring in from people who wont drive in snow!

The council have gritted our road at 10:00am for the past two mornings, they didn't do it in 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Now just starting to look like proper snow falling here...NMM and NAE show something for us this afternoon, although radar shows the snow decaying as it stretches NW towards me. Llangollen, Oswestry, Shrewsbury and the border area looks pretty good though.

Posted

heaviest snow so far today now

Edited by A_T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Snowing here this morning settling on cars and the frozen roof, however it was only a cm, and so its melted now.

Posted

Wrexham and Mold look like getting a couple of CMs out of this, if the DPs hold on......although DP starting to drop again here,0.3.

Posted

Interesting, the fax at 36hrs has trough to the SW, I dont know if this before passes over Wales to get to that location but if it did it would produce snow showers, similar to what we had last Sunday.

Update on what Mondays/Tuesdays potential comes out at 7pm.

post-17320-0-10410000-1358692902_thumb.g

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

DP down now to 0, 2m temp dropping quickly. Any marginality has gone for the day now. Radar shows it getting heavier a little now as it heads NW. Fingers crossed after the non-event for me on Friday!

Posted

Interesting, the fax at 36hrs has trough to the SW, I dont know if this before passes over Wales to get to that location but if it did it would produce snow showers, similar to what we had last Sunday.

Update on what Mondays/Tuesdays potential comes out at 7pm.

Met office 5 day radar has showers over S Wales Monday more organised band of snow over s Wales Tuesday afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

back in the 1960s... Llanarmon way was still unpaved road can you believe!

I can. We've got the book "100 years in the Valley" - which shows the village then. Mind you, it is a beautiful valley now, but can't have been much to look at with the quarries and slag heaps.

We've been here 20 years and the traffic increase is tremendous - as the cracks in our slate walls can testify.

Realy blizzardy now - wonder how long this will keep up for?

Posted

Met office 5 day radar has showers over S Wales Monday more organised band of snow over s Wales Tuesday afternoon.

Good, could you give me the link? Maybe they are taking in account this trough?

Posted

Realy blizzardy now - wonder how long this will keep up for?

NMM shows some snow for this area until at least 20:00, although easing after around 17:00.

Posted

Well the latest NAE Agree's with that, our precipitation goes from 2mm upto that point and in the next six hours goes to 8mm, 6mm equals 6cms. If only NAE went out a bit longer. We will see if its right.

Well the Nae 12z out and its now at 18mm =18cm for tuesday.....Lol

Edited by snowy36