Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

i'm confident now, if it's snowing telephone boxes in Saddleworth then it's only over the hill from me smile.png

Its not big flakes or anything, really fine, it would take a few hours to get an inch but the wind is constant and blowing horizontally so might get something, we are only looking at a consolation prob but at least its better than nothing.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

I think people in the east of the region may get a surprise soon, the precipitation east of the Pennines is trenching over and filling in the gaps! This is quite impressive!

Yeap, I am keeping an eye on it too although I am probably too far west.

We will be looking east all weekend.

Karyo

Posted

as mentioned earlier, this would re-intensify. Areas at most risk, south west of region, but def line from liverpool -> nottingham. showers moving in over north sea could very well make it over the pennines and I would not be remotely surprised to see those showers pep up, the already intensifying heavy snow in the south west of the region. It will be slow moving, so more accumulations more than likely.

as mentioned previously to backtrack, this region as snow forecasted until midnight the earliest, with further snow showers likely during the early hours of the morning...with flurries tomorrow and sunday, before more organised snow appears on monday, but thats a long way off

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Theoretically i should get more than anyone on here now as i am probably one of the Easternmost members, i was the worst placed this morning, now i should get the heaviest PPN, another half a mile east of here and your on Saddleworth moor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

as mentioned earlier, this would re-intensify. Areas at most risk, south west of region, but def line from liverpool -> nottingham. showers moving in over north sea could very well make it over the pennines and I would not be remotely surprised to see those showers pep up, the already intensifying heavy snow in the south west of the region. It will be slow moving, so more accumulations more than likely.

as mentioned previously to backtrack, this region as snow forecasted until midnight the earliest, with further snow showers likely during the early hours of the morning...with flurries tomorrow and sunday, before more organised snow appears on monday, but thats a long way off

Hey HC, can't see much more in the way of it pepping back up once this moderate stuff moves away in the next 20 mins or so. We're too far west it would seem. :(

Posted

Theoretically i should get more than anyone on here now as i am probably one of the Easternmost members, i was the worst placed this morning, now i should get the heaviest PPN, another half a mile east of here and your on Saddleworth moor.

the front as not fizzled, so liverpool - nottingham and south still getting the snow, at various rates..and likely to continue on for some time.

This is the NAE forecast 12z has the whole region still under snow, still learning so correct me if i'm wrong

post-19076-0-87175600-1358522186_thumb.g[attachment=155352:13011900_1812.gif

best to use GFS blum.gif yes it does to answer your question, apart from northern cumbria etc

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold please!

thinks it's the easts turn for some decent snow now good.gif

Posted

thinks it's the easts turn for some decent snow now good.gif

you can have the showers, we'll keep the active front, which is coming alive again as it interacts with the irish sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Thunder, Heatwaves.

This is the NAE forecast 12z has the whole region still under snow, still learning so correct me if i'm wrong

post-19076-0-87175600-1358522186_thumb.g[attachment=155352:13011900_1812.gif

Well hopefully we in Kendal might see something today. My son is driving me mad. I have a feeling though that we will miss out completely

as it all is farther south and east.

Posted

Well here in Whaley Bridge, not quite the North West or the West Midlands, East Midlands or Yorkshire it’s been snowing all day but frankly it’s not amounted to a hill of beans and I’m a fussy B, its either feet of the stuff or not at all, snow amounts that you see at least once in most years is a pointless waste of time. Hopefully it will get better as we head into this evening, mind you from the news reports I’ve seen it’s not that bad anywhere.

Posted

Snow has arrived here now!

Hurray MWB :) better late than never :)

Clucking bell, this is the heaviest snow I've seen in over two years. Where as this come from.

It just goes to show you can never tell, a few miles here or there and bingo :)

Anyone still sane enough to tell me what might happen in the Wigan area now? blum.gif

Still snowing here, not that far from Wigan :)

Posted

Well here in Whaley Bridge, not quite the North West or the West Midlands, East Midlands or Yorkshire it’s been snowing all day but frankly it’s not amounted to a hill of beans and I’m a fussy B, its either feet of the stuff or not at all, snow amounts that you see at least once in most years is a pointless waste of time. Hopefully it will get better as we head into this evening, mind you from the news reports I’ve seen it’s not that bad anywhere.

Your gonna get some heavy stuff in about half an hour.