Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Dewpoint plummeting now, this will help kill off any more precip, cold block has advanced westwards. Game over... for now :)

Posted

Lol. What a non event it's been! Have we any glimmer of hope left?

Well its reading -2oC here, never say never, but equally don't trust a hope......it has forsaken these hills!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Shame thought it might have been one of those classic east to west setups.

I guess things can change but im not hopefull, although as last night proved things can crop up at short notice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Sunday night into munday look good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Snowing a bit more now.

I think we are all going to get plastered in snow! !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Lets hope GP is right and this is just a wee taster before another cold blast in a week or so :-)

I haven't followed the other threads this week but looking at the chart earlier, I'm guessing he's punting on his retrogression of the block to Greenland and a better easterly setup or a continuation of the same theme with undercutting lows ?

Posted

Lets hope GP is right and this is just a wee taster before another cold blast in a week or so :-)

Problem is allthe models point to milder in the 7-10 day range, Met 15 dayer suggest the transition will be slower but dry from wednesday onwards for our region, there will be another response to the strat warming in feb but i think GP suggested the blocking maybe too war west, (Canada rather than Greenland), Met 30 dayer goes for a chance of a reload but only a chance.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

Problem is allthe models point to milder in the 7-10 day range, Met 15 dayer suggest the transition will be slower but dry from wednesday onwards for our region, there will be another response to the strat warming in feb but i think GP suggested the blocking maybe too war west, (Canada rather than Greenland), Met 30 dayer goes for a chance of a reload but only a chance.

So this was our swan song then, dear god!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I personally wouldnt bither with any forecasts now, snows getting heavier here avter practically stopping for a little bit, think its all got a mind of its own as this weather system has brought in a few suprises for some and hopefully will bring some nice suprises for those that missed out.

Posted

It was always expected to pivot and fragment as the warm sector pushed northeast, give the system until after 4pm and it should start to make track further north. This evening could be an interesting rush hour with further risk as the night and system evolves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Dewpoint plummeting now, this will help kill off any more precip, cold block has advanced westwards. Game over... for now smile.png

Yep and temperatures above 0C tomorrow will melt what has fallen most probably

Posted

I personally wouldnt bither with any forecasts now, snows getting heavier here avter practically stopping for a little bit, think its all got a mind of its own as this weather system has brought in a few suprises for some and hopefully will bring some nice suprises for those that missed out.

Send some of it 5 miles up the M6 please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

As Sparkle said, snowing nicely in Leyland again now. My meeting in Manchester was cancelled cos nor enough ciuld make it apparantly. Sledging i reckon!

Posted

So this was our swan song then, dear god!

No im not saying definately game over, for a start the models could change in the 5 day range and give us a dumping but i think GP was exepecting a reload in late jan but it looks increasingly like that is going to correspond with the milder blip, what may have happened is a delay and the Meto 30 dayer may tie in with Gp's thoughts but just later than GP thought so maybe game on still, havent been paying attention to strat forecasts lately but i think the 30mb temp still high so all not lost.

Posted

Light snow here again, started 30 mins ago and it is getting more persistant now.

It is now the turn of the Pennines to get the snow as steady precipitation is moving from the eastern half of midlands northwards.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Model reliability is at an all time low, i think sticking with the Guy's who predicted this when the models said zonality is the way to go.

Posted

Light snow here again, started 30 mins ago and it is getting more persistant now.

It is now the turn of the Pennines to get the snow as steady precipitation is moving from the eastern half of midlands northwards.

Karyo

Is that big band coming our way?

Posted

Still fairly light but steady snow in Stoke. The thing that's puzzled me this morning has been the temperatures. They seem to have been up & down quite a lot. Sometimes above freezing, others below. Clearly seen by snow sliding off parked cars & then icicles appearing as it started to freeze again. Really strange. Anyhoo around 5 inches of level snow & not much drifting as the wind has been a bit lighter in my particular area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I can't complain about this snowy period , we had about 1-2 cm last night and probably about 6-8 cms so far today and it's still snowing , albeit lighter, with the freeze to come it should stay around for a few days

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Nothing special here yet. Just a few dusty bits in your face now and then since late morning.

Last night's light snow seems to have blown away.

Bleak wind.

Temp now minus 1.1C.

Pressure falling.

This is fun to watch

Now you see it -- now you don't.

http://xcweather.co.uk/

Perhaps we'll get a fresh lot some time.