Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I'm not so sure where we go next. I think that energy further south will invigorate the band that's dying over us but snowfall (heavier bursts) will be patchy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Come off it! In that photo you posted before looked like you'd just painted the ground white with a quick lick of Dulux paint!

I have no reason to lie mate..

post-8895-0-79237200-1358515048_thumb.jppost-8895-0-98479600-1358515067_thumb.jppost-8895-0-01538700-1358515085_thumb.jp

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think we've had it mate for today. We did ok though 4 inches.

Started snowing again in rainford not as heavy but picking up a bit

Posted

I think it will continue fragmenting. Got 4 inches here but because of the wind it's only a cm in some places and loads in others. Stopped snowing here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

-1.2C here, snow isn't melting, it's blowing.

Between 7-10cm here. smile.png

Rules and picture or it didn't happen. You know the drill lol :D

Temperatures are pretty much sub-zero throughout the snowy areas now, melting is more likely due to warmish surfaces before the snow started. Surprised it's above freezing in Crewe - Reaseheath near Nantwich reported -1.9°C at 1pm.

Around 2 inches generally in south Warrington, 4 or more on up on the golf course (though still fluffy and will compact down gradually), should've taken some photos. A decent fall of snow, nothing like Jan or Nov/Dec 2010 yet, not going to waste any superlatives on it.

Ok then, the best fall of snow this winter.

Picked up again now after just about stopping, there is plenty more over north Wales which may continue to affect the southwest of this region in particular for a while yet - depending on how much progress it makes

Posted

Any more for manchester?

Not where I am in the west though what has fallen is staying around for now . The temperature is 1c in Eccles but other parts of salford are -0.8c.Looks pretty messy out there what with not enough cover so there is that chess board effect.

Crap event so far for stockport.

Same here

Posted

Eeyup.....there appears to be slight intensification and movement north of a band in the central area of UK - could this frustratingly move north and give area's in the North East regional thread some action later on....or will it increase our chances too? Only talking light flurries by the time it gets here, but at least it will be something....worth keep an eye on for us snow starved in the North East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

That dog of yours must have long front legs then that's all I can say! smile.png

If many surrounding areas have 4 inches, why would I have less if I've been reporting heavy snow all the same? Lol.