Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted

christ almight these dumb models couldn't even call this right until it was right on us, and you think they are going to be right about the mild weather by wednesday onwards?....gloomy or what??

Not at all just saying that one of the models is hinting of a breakdown,certainly not nailed on and far from gloomy,just being realistic

Posted

What a waste of time one BIG let down again.

I think I'm so disappointed at the actual amount (almost zilch!) compared to our neighbours BT and the rest of gang. But I am chuffed for them.. We now know how they normally feel eh? bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

The breakdown is gathering pace.

After the palaver we went through to get in this current pattern, it would not surprise me the least if we continued to get sliders for quite some time yet. HP could still retrogress to the NW yet also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

absolutely nonsense

Hope you're right - not much my way right now - not enough for a snowman anyway :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Oh, we do now!

He can have his bloody snow shield back too. We don't want it thank you. biggrin.png

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Appears to be intensifying here again, bigger flakes too

Posted

After the palaver we went through to get in this current pattern, it would not surprise me the least if we continued to get sliders for quite some time yet. HP could still retrogress to the NW yet also.

That's what I'm hoping for, far better if we get heights over Greenland rather than Scandinavia. In fact I never want too see an easterly again, hate them with a passion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

this is bizarre... just checked MetO and they have my region down for light snow from Saturday 9am through to Monday 3pm - now where did that overoptermistic forecast come from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's definitely further north east than an hour ago, looks like the met office prediction for my area will be spot on and their model which suggests it will move north as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

He can have his bloody snow shield back too. We don't want it thank you. biggrin.png

I think the shield is down, snizzle has worn down the defence and the precipitation is making its way towards Rochdale at last.

Posted

this is bizarre... just checked MetO and they have my region down for light snow from Saturday 9am through to Monday 3pm - now where did that overoptermistic forecast come from?

Just looked too. From 9PM for me.. We shall see.

Posted

Not good news really. We may follow suit soon as temp has climbed above to 0.1C

That must be the UHI of Crewe! Just 3 miles East of you, in Wheelock, still -0.6 C LOL!