Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted

I can only see it becoming increasingly light and patchy.

okay there does seem to be a heavy bit of percipition coming through Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Itv news just niw has just shown heavy snow for crewe, cheshire! Not much above liverpool sad.png boo!

We were on the news? Woop lol

Posted

buxtonweather.co.uk

- It snowed steadily in Buxton through Thursday evening into Friday, to about 02.00 and the blizzard conditions are easing a little right now - we have 6cm of fresh snow in Buxton @ 13.45 Friday - Side roads have become near impassable in Buxton, but no reports of any main road closures - REPORTS IN TODAY - "Left for Bakewell on the A6 generally slushy but two lorries got stuck going up Topley Pike Hill. Otherwise generally ok but would not leave to late this afternoon. Glad to get home" Thank you Paul Turner @ 13.35 AND "Traffic still moving steadily on the A515 although more trucks and 4x4s than regular cars. It snowed most of the morning but there is still only a light covering on the road itself" Thank you Christine Orchard @ 13.30 AND "I have just come over the A53 Leek road to Buxton and it is passable but with great care! Lots of snow drifts everywhere. More suited for a 4WD" Thank you Gavin Starket @ 12.40 AND "A537 Cheshire - Hazardous driving conditions on A537 Cat And Fiddle Road between the Bull-Hill-Lane junction in Macclesfield and the A54 junction in Buxton, because of snow and ice" AND "My partner has just informed me that the cat and fiddle A537 isn't passable he's had to turn back" Thank you Ruby @ 11.55 AND "Made a return journey from Whaley to Buxton 10:30-11:30. Between The Shady Oak and Buxton road is bad. Fair bit of snow, clear tyre track evidence of cars skidding over to wrong side of road and onto verges. Saw a gritter at 11:00 heading towards Whaley. Not much drifting yet but snow blowing about so will be soon. With AWD and diff lock no problem but would not try it with 2WD, maybe doable but very unwise" Thank you Michael @ 11.50 AND "Macc rd A537 update - open at 8.30am, 80% of road is clear but where snow has drifted and on corners it is very dangerous, icy underneath the snow. If snow continues I cannot see it being open for long because of the drifting snow" Thank you Rachel Browett @ 09.50 -

Posted

There must be a lot of moisture in the air still as the band is slightly heavier in SE and grown massively over NW Wales, where I would think a red warning may be needed!

Posted

The pricip hole over greater manchester, starting to fill in as that front makes a northward push.

Phew your right...it was starting to worry me a little .... the pricip hole lol

Some are saying a band of snow moving south east to north west on Sunday night into Monday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Don't know what the ECM was thinking really. For that precipitation to make any decent progress north/north east, it'll have to intensify, and there's no way it can do so now.

No more now eh BT. Big split in the precipitation over Midlands. Looks like one heavier pulse up the eastern side of the country and another one over Wales. Very little in between

Posted

Sorry but some of these TV presenters should be stand up comedians...."it's started to snow really heavily here now" rofl.gif

Nowt here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Some are saying a band of snow moving south east to north west on Sunday night into Monday?

It will miss us just to the east, GFS shows it hitting but it always overdoes the area of PPN.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

No more now eh BT. Big split in the precipitation over Midlands. Looks like one heavier pulse up the eastern side of the country and another one over Wales. Very little in between

Yeah we're done, unless it can increase in intensity a little. That said, the light snow is continuing here, but this is more like snizzle. Lol.

Posted

The pricip hole over greater manchester, starting to fill in as that front makes a northward push.

u think it will make it to us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Looks to me more like it will go up the eastern half the UK. Again, will probably be on the edge of it....

Posted

Nowt here!

Nope, I was meaning I've just watched a reporter from down South saying its started to snow heavily (in a mere snizzle shower) and I was thinking get a grip woman! Theres nothing here too & the shelves in Tesco are still full im pleased to say good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A dusting here at best, we've managed to miss the heavy stuff. Melting on some surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

u think it will make it to us?

Dunno pal, its anyone guess. Earlier I said it would and it never. That said there is a better northward push occuring. Don't quote me on that :)

Posted

Nope, I was meaning I've just watched a reporter from down South saying its started to snow heavily (in a mere snizzle shower) and I was thinking get a grip woman! Theres nothing here too & the shelves in Tesco are still full im pleased to say good.gif

Lol. What a non event it's been! Have we any glimmer of hope left?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Snow starting up again here, very light but still

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

A dusting here at best, we've managed to miss the heavy stuff. Melting on some surfaces.

Lets hope GP is right and this is just a wee taster before another cold blast in a week or so :-)

Posted

Dunno pal, its anyone guess. Earlier I said it would and it never. That said there is a better northward push occuring. Don't quote me on that smile.png

it seems to come and go pretty quick. hard to say what its going to do. temps are down here now though dropped to -1oC dew point -3.7oC

Posted

Lol. What a non event it's been! Have we any glimmer of hope left?

From this system,not likely light snow will be the order of the day from here on in,all eyes to next week now and monday,lets see if the low thats forecast to form over france can move north west!!

Posted

It will miss us just to the east, GFS shows it hitting but it always overdoes the area of PPN.

Shame thought it might have been one of those classic east to west setups.