Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Hi, could you tell me what that app is called please and how much it costs? :)

Andy

I use Meteogroup one think it is £1.99 for initial download and then a further £1.49 for a more accurate radar.

Posted

A small ridge looks as if its developed stronger than the models anticipated, this is shown by higher pressure and the isobars having a more north south bend and less an east west bend. The effect will be drag the precip further west and push it further west once it has developed.

The 06s still have not picked up on this.

We don't know how long this will last though could be an hr could be 4-5 hrs. Precip could hit Salisbury or maybe even further west..

Sorry done on phone so changed a few bits

Edited by Iceberg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

http://www.metoffice...ry#?tab=fiveDay

BANK. IMBY. Another 9 hours of light snow to come I guess.

Currently snowing lightly, -1.7c AT, -2.4c DP, 996mb steady barometer trend, winds 10min avg 5mph from the NE.

A very tricky forecast for the week for the MetO this week. The cold pool is going nowhere fast in general and I don't expect much thawing of SNOW cover in my neighbourhood over the next four to five days. good.gif

Try your own location on the above link for your five day forecast from the Pros. acute.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Andy, its called weather pro hd.

I have this, but I don't get how you access the radar, do you need to sign up online?

Posted

Latest bbc broadcast just showed snow in to Cornwall and extreme southern parts of devon tomorrow morning, does not quite make it here to dartmoor but good luck to the Cornish lot who have been waiting for their turn. Don't forget pictures guys!

Jase

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi Fromey, lol, yes it is quite hard to see as its fine but when i put my arm outside its all bouncing off. Also got good dark hedge background to look at so can see it coming down now.its steady and will sit on top of the 5/6 inches we had friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Its snowing again, albeit lightly. My 100mm cover remains and I think and hope many of us will be seeing a few CMs more over the coming hours. So far, the frontal mass is heading due Westwards from the East, with little correction NNE, if any. dirol.gif

yup definitely snowing again here GTLTW and a slight covering now... Cleared all the snow off the car yesterday and it is getting covering it again.. Reports too of snowing in Chichester although I suspect it is light.

Posted

Latest bbc broadcast just showed snow in to Cornwall and extreme southern parts of devon tomorrow morning, does not quite make it here to dartmoor but good luck to the Cornish lot who have been waiting for their turn. Don't forget pictures guys!

Jase

What time should I point the camera out the window?!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

http://www.metoffice...ry#?tab=fiveDay

BANK. IMBY. Another 9 hours of light snow to come I guess.

Currently snowing lightly, -1.7c AT, -2.4c DP, 996mb steady barometer trend, winds 10min avg 5mph from the NE.

A very tricky forecast for the week for the MetO this week. The cold pool is going nowhere fast in general and I don't expect much thawing of SNOW cover in my neighbourhood over the next four to five days. good.gif

Try your own location on the above link for your five day forecast from the Pros. acute.gif

Who said the cold isn't in?That's fantastic, Ice day's all the way through the forecast. BEA-utiful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

tiny little flutter would be nice right down here..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Interesting;

post-12721-0-46666500-1358676284_thumb.j

Now I know thus shows rain for Somerset, Dorset and the South Coast but this is at 48 hours so future runs can improve on this. But that's some moderately heavy snow for Gloucestershire and Wiltshire, plus notice the mass of snow in the Atlantic. Mmmmmm........

Posted

I'm using a radar I down loaded an ap onto my idad, it's every 10min update to our reall time , and I can say for a certainty that there is a finger developing and pointing its finger at us , also it's pushing well toward to Southampton , and we no that's very centrally based so its already further west than it was forecast .

Idad love it!

Posted

What time should I point the camera out the window?!!!

It was with you about 5 am I think, so set your alarm! Lol I would keep an eye on it if I were you

Jase

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Hi Fromey, lol, yes it is quite hard to see as its fine but when i put my arm outside its all bouncing off. Also got good dark hedge background to look at so can see it coming down now.its steady and will sit on top of the 5/6 inches we had friday.

just looked at the Netweather radar and ran it through, it looks like it does have a westward movement but how far it gets is open to question.

fromey

Posted

Khodds, just use the icons on the bottom, the first icon says weather and to the right of that it says radar, you can also use maps icon and from in there choose precipitaion type which have to say is frightenley accurate.

The radar icon will also show type of precipitaion but colours are different.

Posted

Morning all! Nothing in this part of the world yet. Forecast says no chance, but detect some of you think PPN may move a little further west than suggested???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

From Ian;

W COUNTRY SUN Further patchy light snow likely in some areas, more especially in E'rnmost districts (Wilts-Glos) where local 1-2cm possible

W COUNTRY Major regional uncertainty characterises Mon-Tues. Forecast models struggling with small-scale developments in SW & any poss snow.

W COUNTRY Safest option currently is thus to lean towards precautionary approach. Some snow possible (effectively anywhere) Mon-Tues-Weds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

yup definitely snowing again here GTLTW and a slight covering now... Cleared all the snow off the car yesterday and it is getting covering it again.. Reports too of snowing in Chichester although I suspect it is light.

On that note, if you can PB, I would stay at home literally all week. Not scaremongering here but suggesting that folk don't take unnecessary journeys as the week's snow events will need watching very closely. nea.gif

Posted

Hi fromey, yes i know what you mean, see my attachment for forecast couple hrs ahead. Notice it does extend west but to the north of us over wales, after an initial thrust westward to i.o.w it not looks like slowing its west push down.

post-13809-0-39293200-1358676708_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

new thread coming up shortly, so please wrap up any posts