Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted

Looking at the latest radar looks like bulk of the snow will miss the IOW although just seen bbc24 news and things look interesting for south tomorrow morning.

whats it showing mate ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Really? The radar I'm looking at looks light and patchy and all to the east of IOW?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Guys the radar is exploding to life !! Seriously I think there will be some supprises, and it's pushing and developing west , and heavier snow breaking out all along it.

It seems to be spreading west at quite a rate - wasn't supposed to do that was it? Wont be long 'til the heavier stuff is in our bit of the world unless I'm missing something?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Steady snow here in Bognor. I looked out the window at 8:30am and just a dusting, now 20 minutes later and everything is well covered.

Temp is -0.3C

Hi coldfingers! How are you? Well I hope! Was just going to log off when I saw your message and had to say hi. The radar looks fab for those further east! good.gif

Posted

Chucking it down now on the South coast here!

Posted

It seems to be spreading west at quite a rate - wasn't supposed to do that was it? Wont be long 'til the heavier stuff is in our bit of the world unless I'm missing something?

I think it will still end up in the midlands, although its been hinted that we could see some snow flurries today seems about right so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Chucking it down now on the South coast here!

I love it when the coastal regions get snow! Have fun!

Posted

Hi coldfingers! How are you? Well I hope! Was just going to log off when I saw your message and had to say hi. The radar looks fab for those further east! good.gif

Hi slb, I am doing fine now after a horrible year. This year seems to have started well with all this snow for me! Looks like some will be hitting you very soon and it is very steady and stronger that what we had Friday even.

Posted

Guys the radar is exploding to life !! Seriously I think there will be some supprises, and it's pushing and developing west , and heavier snow breaking out all along it.

Ever the optomist!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Just caught sky news forecast ( not sure how accurate it is), but it said that sleet/ snow pushing in from the SW later.Anyone else broadcasting /forecasting that?

Very cold here at the moment.(need to get a weather monitor methinks.I am very underequipped).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Ever the optomist!

Me too at moment - the difference on the radar in the last 40 mins is quite dramatic - and it is moving west. Maybe there's something that will change its direction soon? Happy with the 6 inches at the far end of Summer St though if it doesn't

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Ever the optomist!

It's the only way me old mucka !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Me too at moment - the difference on the radar in the last 40 mins is quite dramatic - and it is moving west. Maybe there's something that will change its direction soon? Happy with the 6 inches at the far end of Summer St though if it doesn't

Normally when watching a front move in you watch it track where it's going, but this is literally exploding to life , ahead of what looks to be the band breaks out ppn out of nothing, it wouldn't take a huge jump 40miles to get us lot in the fun, looking at the bbc I'm literally within touching distance of it , but I feel we will at least see some , maybe an inch?

Posted

Def worth keeping an eyes the radar even the 06 models seem to have a very very poor understanding of the low coming up today end a very poor grasp of what is happening, they could be 50 miles out easily.

Nae also have a very poor grasp of mondays event and how the low tracks across the channel.

If probably begins at t3 ATM.

Posted

Hi slb, I am doing fine now after a horrible year. This year seems to have started well with all this snow for me! Looks like some will be hitting you very soon and it is very steady and stronger that what we had Friday even.

Sorry to hear about that - hopefully this year will be better for you. We had a lot of snow on Friday and I got stuck going to work so abandoned my car (safely!) and a colleague's husband picked me up - as he was an ex police traffic officer and now runs safety driving courses I felt very secure! We've just sold our house in Portsmouth so are looking for somewhere further inland - Horndean/Petersfield way so hopefully that will reduce some of the 'marginal' aspects we get on the coast here!

Posted

Started snowing lightly again in Portsmouth after a 30 minute break or so - slightly bigger flakes this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Started snowing lightly again in Portsmouth after a 30 minute break or so - slightly bigger flakes this time!

Send it this way please!!

Posted

Normally when watching a front move in you watch it track where it's going, but this is literally exploding to life , ahead of what looks to be the band breaks out ppn out of nothing, it wouldn't take a huge jump 40miles to get us lot in the fun, looking at the bbc I'm literally within touching distance of it , but I feel we will at least see some , maybe an inch?

Well, even if we don't get any more this winter, I'm happy with what we had on Friday. I measured a level six inches, which is, I think, our heaviest fall since February 1998. Have some great photos for my next home made Christmas Card!

Posted

Sorry to hear about that - hopefully this year will be better for you. We had a lot of snow on Friday and I got stuck going to work so abandoned my car (safely!) and a colleague's husband picked me up - as he was an ex police traffic officer and now runs safety driving courses I felt very secure! We've just sold our house in Portsmouth so are looking for somewhere further inland - Horndean/Petersfield way so hopefully that will reduce some of the 'marginal' aspects we get on the coast here!

Wishing you well with a house move and the area you are looking at seems much better for snow that Portsmouth. I thought Bognor was the worst place to live for snow but Pompey is worse. Still very steady snow here and it IS moving slowly west so I reckon you will see some soon, and the I.O.W.

Haha, you got it as I was typing! good.gif

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Snowing a little bit heavier here aswell, slightly bigger flakes.