Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Its snowing again, albeit lightly. My 100mm cover remains and I think and hope many of us will be seeing a few CMs more over the coming hours. So far, the frontal mass is heading due Westwards from the East, with little correction NNE, if any. dirol.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

whats it showing mate ??

Radar on Meteo group showing just missing iow at the moment goes out to 1145 at the moment.

Weather has some wintry weather for iow and south coast tomorrow until 3pm looks good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Snowing hear now, every 10min my radar shows a building

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Sun

Snowing VERY lightly here IMBY (literally!) You still have to look at something dark to see it, but it's definitely there. Very excited again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Its snowing again, albeit lightly. My 100mm cover remains and I think and hope many of us will be seeing a few CMs more over the coming hours. So far, the frontal mass is heading due Westwards from the East, with little correction NNE, if any. dirol.gif

Hello GTLTW! Good to see you. It's great getting unexpected snow flurries especially in my neck of the woods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Snowing very lightly here in Gloucester

Posted

Send it this way please!!

It is snowing lightly here in Fareham. Much drier snow than Friday's stuff as although it is very light there is a dusting on everything including the roads now. As the crow flies I can only be 25 miles away from you so I will see if I can encourage it to move further west!

L

Edited by Crockel

Posted

Has been snowing lightly in north east Hampshire for a while now. Have got a slight dusting to go with our 13cm from Friday. At best I am hoping for another couple of cm. Come on keep going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning all, -1.7c here with some light snow/grains here at the moment.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Can someone help me here? How come the meto radar shows no precip over our area? Yet numerous people are reporting snow?

Posted

Can someone help me here? How come the meto radar shows no precip over our area? Yet numerous people are reporting snow?

snow grains

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hi Katie

Met Office radar is an hour behind. You can use the free netweather radar (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=) for a more up-do-date picture of what is happening.

Cheers,

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello GTLTW! Good to see you. It's great getting unexpected snow flurries especially in my neck of the woods.

Hi,

You Portsmouthians have done quite well in recent days, hell I think it even snowed and settled in Costa del Southsea.

Coastal Dorsetians who also have sometimes realistically low expectations got some too.

I am liking the animation on the radar right now. gathering.gif

Posted

Well light snow in Bracknell, at least my part (north). Looking at the radar and previous NAE charts I think they have it pretty well covered. The frontal mass seems to be heading in a NNW direction in my opinion but with some westerly movement added in every now and then meaning that the Eastern edges of our patch should see 1-3cms in my opinion, unless there is a change.

There are also possible event through the week for our patch but heading more marginal.

As for it ending, models so undecided with the UKMET FAX being significantly different from their own raw output (implying lack of confidence or shannon entropy as they now seem to be calling it). I would say Friday still looks possible for a more mild incursion. Thoughts then turn to greenland as per GPs thoughts to see if height rises there really come about for feb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Hi Katie

Met Office radar is an hour behind. You can use the free netweather radar (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=) for a more up-do-date picture of what is happening.

Cheers,

Luke

An hour behind? How.... When it updates every 15 mins? Thanks for the link :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Interesting radar as others have pointed out, looks to be building west!!

Nothing here in Stroud at the moment, maybe the odd flake though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An hour behind? How.... When it updates every 15 mins? Thanks for the link smile.png

Ah - apologies - I still have the old Met Office radar bookmarked. I see the new one is indeed updated every 15 minutes and is not an hour behind. That being the case, I have no idea!!