Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

light snow here for the past hour.....I would guess looking at the hi-res modelling and radar that it will probably be on and off throughout the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Got much heavier here now, 5/10 with medium flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ah - apologies - I still have the old Met Office radar bookmarked. I see the new one is indeed updated every 15 minutes and is not an hour behind. That being the case, I have no idea!!

I have NW Extra radar ( couldn't be bothered to look at it earlier! ) and there is def more precip around on that than the meto one.... Don't think us Somerset folk will be lucky today somehow. Good luck to all you eastern counties :)

Posted

Can someone help me here? How come the meto radar shows no precip over our area? Yet numerous people are reporting snow?

Three main reasons.

1. When precipitation that falls is quite light in nature (such as what we have now) it can be difficult for radar to exclusively pick it up as a shower.

2. Sometimes when precipitation is falling that is quite light (e.g. for arguments sake less than 0.5mm/hr) the organisiations providing the radar may decide not to show such low rates of precip. It can clutter the map and detract from where the main precipitation is.

3. Radar lags realtime by up to 15 mins depending on which service you use (e.g. its not realtime) so places will report precipitation before it is seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I'm using a radar I down loaded an ap onto my idad, it's every 10min update to our reall time , and I can say for a certainty that there is a finger developing and pointing its finger at us , also it's pushing well toward to Southampton , and we no that's very centrally based so its already further west than it was forecast .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Morning everyone, nice to see lots of you getting some snow, now snowing in frome, very fine at the moment but bit better than yesterday. Maybe the eastern snow might shift west a little?

Posted

I'm using a radar I down loaded an ap onto my idad, it's every 10min update to our reall time , and I can say for a certainty that there is a finger developing and pointing its finger at us , also it's pushing well toward to Southampton , and we no that's very centrally based so its already further west than it was forecast .

Yet at the same time its weakening as it pushes west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Looking at the app now on ipad from meteogroup now has the snow hitting iow at about 1145, lets hope it keeps pushing west!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Snizzle here in Warminster, wilts. Hoping it gets heavier later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

come on baby, move west, you know you want to, all breathe in and it might make Dorsetcrazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Yet at the same time its weakening as it pushes west.

Go to the bbc web and look at the predicted snowfall at 9am then at 12pm, there is about double the amount of ppn showing up already to what there should be , infact it's looks more like the 12pm one already, there will be supprises today now I know they have this wrong

Posted

Hi, could you tell me what that app is called please and how much it costs? :)

Andy

Posted

come on baby, move west, you know you want to, all breathe in and it might make Dorsetcrazy.gif

rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

I know a few people have mentioned this, but please feed the birds. They really do suffer in this weather. A wren for example has to eat about half it's own body weight per day to survive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning everyone, nice to see lots of you getting some snow, now snowing in frome, very fine at the moment but bit better than yesterday. Maybe the eastern snow might shift west a little?

glad you noticed, thought i was seeing thingsgood.gif

fromey