Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Forgive me east london and e/ne/se wards but i have just broke the 15cm now and snowing heavy again guys and girls.

shhhhhhhhhh

do not tell paul rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The BBC do at least have the graphics for the current snow on their charts!! biggrin.png

But no hint of any Thames streamers in Saturdays's graphics, while Sunday looks to have been pushed further West, so not too bad eh?

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Forgive me east london and e/ne/se wards but i have just broke the 15cm now and snowing heavy again guys and girls.

Mate what is your location town?

Posted

Might need to stage a comeback of heroic proportions tomorrow. It's half time in the snow cup and I'm 5-0 down. Here's hoping for a storming second half, quite happy to lose 5-4 :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Nope ph34r.png

acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Might need to stage a comeback of heroic proportions tomorrow. It's half time in the snow cup and I'm 5-0 down. Here's hoping for a storming second half, quite happy to lose 5-4 :-)

Good luck, I'm sure Sunday will provide for those in the East.

Posted

Not to worry its always better coming from behindgood.gif

Posted

The sky is full of it !

Comeon GP, SM, CHINO, let's hope the end of the month comes off also nothing like a sustained north easterly bringing snow to me & the south east ala GP !

IN GP & SM & CHINO WE TRUST !

Edited by london-snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Only in the South-East can you eat your way through 10 pages in an hour or so lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Ok scrap sleep, up with a poorly baby. It's stopped snowing now too. Even after a coupe of hours or hasn't amounted to much... 3mm? Complete guesstimate post-16115-0-35825000-1358557468_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi Looby how is the snow?

doing good here what about you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Oh, only 6 more hours!

heavy till 3am ,then lighter flurries and rhroughout tomorow until we start wth the heavy snow sunday..[NO SCHOOL MONDAY POSS}Strangely been snowing here for a good 2 hrs now and have a good cover, but not seeing any real deph maybe a cm, wont complain to mch as i was beginning to think we would get nowt,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Crikey, just caught up with all your posting after getting in from work. Dont you lot rabbit! All joking aside, its a very friendly and informative forum.

Reading the earlier posts, I seemed to have been partly responsible for turning the thread into Net-Weathers version of Time-Outs guide to Croydon clubbing, which my daughter seemed to have been to a few of those clubs.

Wetting herself, she pleaded with me to tell you all that I'd once had lunch in Lloyds, I was a right raver,in my time.

Please be easy with me, I'm 57!

Anyway back in the day I used to frequent Cats Whiskers in Streatham. My old boss owned Bibas in Bromley, been there a few times too, meh!

Anyway, I digress, still some snow falling in Anerley S.E.20.

Re. the snow depth challenge nice to see the Essex/Kent brigade hitting back in determined fashion, as we head towards half way through the first half (Half/Time is 18.00 today, can we have some official depths then please, so we can calculate the mid-point scores/depths and remember final whistle is at 09.00 hrs Monday).

On a personal note, Sno'prob I guesstimate Anerley has about 4 to 5 cms at best, how are you doing yourself?

If I recall I'm about a cm or 2 behind you. On that note here is the full draw again.

A further little competition for you all. " The London & S.E Snow Depth Cup" ( 1st Round).

Taking Paul S's list order for his sweepstake, I've compiled a draw of matches, based on your snow depths come 21.00 hours Sunday evening. All you need to do is measure your snow depth at that time and post in this thread. NO CHEATING PLEASE.

Winners of each match-up, will go through to the next round. Should no further snowfall oppurtunities occur in our area for the rest of the Winter season, greatest depth of snow at 09.00hours on Monday 21st Jan. shall be deemed the overall winner.

Draw is as follows:

Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v. Wickford (E) (DANUK) - Low scoring home side could need the aid

of a streamer!help.gif

No location? (CWT2012) v. Reigate (Sur) (GREAT PLUM)

Southend (E) (SHRIMPER) v. South Ockenden (E) (CRAZY DIAMOND)

Epping (E) (SWASH) v. Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER)

Ashford (K) (PAUL ASHFORD) v. Bellingham (L) (NANU)

Ewell (Sur) (AMANZI) v.Hailsham (Sus) (LAWRENK)

Gravesend (K) (ICEBOX) v. Shorne (K) (SHUNTER) - Local N.Kent derby, too close to call!

Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) v. Romford (E) (ROADRUNNER)

Sittingbourne (K) (JRIGHT35) v.Rayleigh (E) (VESUVIUS)

Dartford (K) (CHARLTON KERRY) v.Pollards Hills (Sus) (SHANICE)

No Location ? (CRAIG23) v. Surrey? (SNOWBOB)

Thorpe (Sur) (SURREY) v. Uxbridge (L) (TIGHT ISOBAR)

Tonbridge (K) (TONBRIDGEMOLE) v. Kent ? (KENT BLIZZARD)

Silver End (E) (ANITA) v. Shoeburyness (E) (BLACKIE)

Twickenham (BUZZIT) v. Beckenham (K) (JIMMYH)

Grays (E) (LEIGHD) v. Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER)

Strood (K) (HARDCJ) v.Benfleet (E) (SNOWPRO)

New Haw (Sur) (JEZZER) v. Surrey ? (LONDON SNOW)

Basildon (E) (LEWIS028) v. Faversham (K) (TILLY) - Tilly, will your "STAR" player, Stellar Dendrite, be your wild card!

Bromley (K) (LUPIEJAN) v. Rochester (K) (BOAR WINKELSTORM) - Sorry Boar, got to cheer my home town of Bromley on!

Dagenham (E) (GOONERGREG) v. Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS)

Burgess Hill (Sus) (CHIONOMANIAC) v. Kent ? (THROWOFF) - Stratospherically warmed under soil heating means game is on!

Croydon (Sur) (POINTE LA RUE) v. Waltham Abbey (E) (JOHN MAC)

No Location ? (SVALIJI) v. Herne Bay (K) (HERNEBAYLOOBY) - Some of us can spell 'Looby!

Forest Hill (L) (MACC SE) v. Medway Towns (K) (SNOWMONKEY)

Haywards Heath (Sus) (NIKKIB74) v. Wandsworth (L) (BLIZZARD BELLE) - One of the most attractive ties of the round! wink.png

Brighton (Sus) (WEATHIZARD) v. N.W.Kent ? (KENTSPUR)

Bromley (K) (VERTICAL LIMIT) v. Headington (Ox) (MARK NEAL) - Tough draw VL, might have to concede early depth there!

S.E.Coast? (TAMARA ROAD) v. Bromley (K) (BROMLEY PILGRIM)

South Norwood (L) (JAYCES) v. Greenhithe (K) (STEVE MURR) - Stevie, only 1mtr ASL but every chance against a Londoner.

Hailsham (Sus) (JULES71) v.Tonbridge (K) (WARRENB)).

West/Central London (SNO'PROBLEM) v. Anerley (L) (TOMSE20).

Canary Wharf (L) (CHART VIEWER) v. Coney Hall (K) (BIGGIN).

Crowborough (Sus) (JAMES HARRIS) v. Surrey ? (RADIATING DENDRITE)

East Sheen (L) (DICKIE SW14) v. Camberley (Sur) (MESOCYCLONE)

Folkestone (K) (LOTTIEKENT) v.Sutton (Sur) (SOUTHBANK)

S.W.London (FLUID DYNAMIC) v. Sawbridgeworth (H) (HAMMER)

Lee (L) (FROZENCANALS) v. Rochester (K) (BARMY BINT)

Fairlight (Sus) (BLUEBREEZER) v. Littlehampton (Sus) (MJKING)

Greenwich (K) (COOKIE 27) v. Swanley (K) (SNOW BLUE)

East Farleigh (K) (SNIFFER MARK) v. Rochester (K) (DANIEL SMITH)

Orpington (K) (ORPINGTONICEAGE10) v. Bromley Common (K) (KEKE)

Daniel, had to put you in, to give Sniffer Mark an opponent!

Keke, same applies, hope that's ok.

Remember, measure your depth at 09.00 hrs on Mon and post result. No cheating, no Kentimetres, TOWIEmetres or such like, just cms!

It would be an idea if you and your opponent, keep each other posted on how you are doing depth wise, if any.

Just a bit of fun. Enjoy.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

heavy till 3am ,then lighter flurries and rhroughout tomorow until we start wth the heavy snow sunday..[NO SCHOOL MONDAY POSS}Strangely been snowing here for a good 2 hrs now and have a good cover, but not seeing any real deph maybe a cm, wont complain to mch as i was beginning to think we would get nowt,

Funny you should say that, at my kids primary school they started a week late in Sep, saying that they are having all their inset days then so there is no interuption to the school year. On thursday letters were handed out for an inset day on monday. After I showed my husband the letter I said, it's a snow day not an inset day. He said it's not gonner snow lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Ok scrap sleep, up with a poorly baby. It's stopped snowing now too. Even after a coupe of hours or hasn't amounted to much... 3mm? Complete guesstimate post-16115-0-35825000-1358557468_thumb.j

Aww, What's the matter with him/her?

Posted

A bit old for school! Sunday i'm not even thinking about, not looked at the model thread, not looked at the precip charts, just going to see what happens on the day.