Paul Sherman

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Now if I'm reading the radar correctly, it would appear to show 12 hours (midday to midnight) of snow tomorrow for SE!?

Fingers crossed mate...id take half that but with it being moderate with lovely heavy bursts settling everywhere, lovely big flakes of snow...with then a clear VERY cold night with really cold night time temps...lovely...biggrin.png ....All of SE seeing it too.

Posted

christ

why dont people stick to their area

this is why arguments start

this thread is for a bit of fun and discuss the weather

note how the mood changes

i thought eye would have been around long enough to know better

geeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well im actually in Moreton so thats even posher lol,we have gold in our snow rofl.gif

Jo, seriously now, how far are you away from Woodford Green, hope it's a fair match up.

I nearly forgot, I was going to mention what happens if any of you have the same amount as your opponent.

If you're on zilch, nada, you will have a replay during the next snow event. If you have a score draw, a penalty shoot-out will result and only I will know the result, probably, if you put your height above sea-level in your profile or I'll have to ask you your postcodes, now you dont want me to do that do you!

If by some strange quirk your locations are at the same height, the emergency Pools Panel (Snow Panel), showing my age now, will be brought in to adjudicate on the result (Paul Sherman, Steve Murr and Chionomaniac), using polystyrene balls, bifurcated jetstreams and SSWs! I've not been drinking either!

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Sorry, not to sure i only took up skiing about 18 months ago.Late leaner.Would not surprise me, i had 17 inches then.

Lucky you! just the thought of a ski slope being closed because of snow made me smile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot&Sunny,,, Cold&Snowy/ HATE RAIN

wow talk about jump on someones back, piggy back ride anyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I for one enjoy Daves comments as he is more knowledgeable than most and rarely gets caught up in Snow Hysteria.

I didn't see any gloating in his post Snow Raven.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Knives where you work...not a good combination..lol...looks like we should get some snow during the day..just right for me to drive to work Sunday night..acute.gif

funny story about that one unfortunately i can not share it lol

Posted

Temperatures refusing to go below freezing which is a tad frustrating, too much cloud cover at present, but at 0.3C no big problem, hopefully 2-5cm top up tomorrow.

good spot that still 0 here dew -3...hoping for it to drop soon....only been waiting since 6ambiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Very confident.......light snow to start approx 09:00 hrs +/-.........8cm +/-

I hope so cause all of yesterdays is more or less gone after todays sleet.

Posted

To be fair to Dave I did notice a few people say a Thames Streamer set up was probable after they had viewed on a radar a clump of showers in the North Sea.

When people make these ill informed comments it can snowball (excuse the pun) and get picked up upon by novices like me.

A little knowledge is dangerous I suppose.

Yeah but if everyone listened to everyone on here we would still be digging ourselves out after 3 days of Blizzards, I was told yesterday by some guy on here that "I WILL" Get a Thames Snow Streamer today, my reply was "Oh Really" we dont even know the angle of the wind yet, add into that the LI's were +14 with zero cape and no flow with no differential temperatures and -4c Uppers with 0c temps and there was no way anything was going to form.

It probably would have been best if Dave had come on here on thursday or friday and told us what to expect eh ??

Posted

Id be surprised if any model output picked up a Thames streamer from +6 out max?...other than general synoptics meaning you can take an educated guess.

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Fingers crossed mate...id take half that but with it being moderate with lovely heavy bursts settling everywhere, lovely big flakes of snow...with then a clear VERY cold night with really cold night time temps...lovely...biggrin.png ....All of SE seeing it too.

That would be great. Just would be nice to see some proper flakes after two days of grains!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

good spot that still 0 here dew -3...hoping for it to drop soon....only been waiting since 6ambiggrin.png

Been waiting since 7pm friday.laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

LOL Missed that....roll on the low into the SE...for you me and Shrimpers sakesmile.png ....

Heavy snow tme for all of us SE'ers can feel it in my bones.

As long as the low doesn't center over here, or the medway region again, only fair they should get the snow this time.

Posted

Well the tv program that was on tonight was about the 2010 snow storm which from what I gathered was a warm weather system coming up through France and meeting cold air over the uk,I know the set up is different but it could be quite some snow storm...if it hits as predicted.

I don't remember the details of 2010. That night was awesome though. Was predicted 2-4cms and ended up with probably 20cm's falling that night alone. I recall the snow just rapidly intensified over the area. Not sure why that happened and if that's at all possible again. Def don't think that will occur tomorrow.

Posted

That would be great. Just would be nice to see some proper flakes after two days of grains!

Snap..we shall see soonsmile.png ...been a fun night on here...lots of excellent banter.

Posted

Can I ask again, as the more knowledgeable ones are still around.

When was the last time we had a winter "storm" (Americanism...I know) approach from the South East having come right across France.

If memory serves me right, apart from some that have veered off course, they have normally brough Kent to a standstill.

Is there scope for this to be epic for Kent / Essex???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Yeah but if everyone listened to everyone on here we would still be digging ourselves out after 3 days of Blizzards, I was told yesterday by some guy on here that "I WILL" Get a Thames Snow Streamer today, my reply was "Oh Really" we dont even know the angle of the wind yet, add into that the LI's were +14 with zero cape and no flow with no differential temperatures and -4c Uppers with 0c temps and there was no way anything was going to form.

It probably would have been best if Dave had come on here on thursday or friday and told us what to expect eh ??

I remember you explained that we wouldn't Paul. Others did get excitable and ran with it for a bit.

I don't get Daves remark about surprised about peoples comments that should know better either tbh. I thought it novices comments not the more informed.

Anyway enough of this and moving on.....

Edited by TN26

Posted

National weather just said wouldnt be suprised to see 10-20cm in eastern england

On BBC news channel? Will watch when on again at 00:55 if so!

Posted

am i being a little dense here or is the jet guiding the occluded front that is supposed to bring the snow tomorrow a little further East, the pressure charts and radar are showing a definitive kink in the front, almost as though there is a small upper trough??

Edited by Lenticular

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Temperatures refusing to go below freezing which is a tad frustrating, too much cloud cover at present, but at 0.3C no big problem, hopefully 2-5cm top up tomorrow.

I live on the downs near to Brighton , been snowing lightly here for the last hour which I find rather surprising