IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder and more snow

How. Are you lot faring with snow snowmad? Mate of mine lives near the mumps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think we are through the heaviest stuff now but still plenty of stuff to come if a little bit less intense and fragmented.

Posted

Just done the radar loop, it really was a near miss as the main band of heavier snow just skimmed far enough into eastern areas of our region to give a few cms in some area's even more...not sure if we'll get anymore of this intensity in the next few hours?

Posted

Will the western part of the region continue to get it? The most recent radar shots show the southerly tip starting to move northwards but at the same time the whole thing is shifting slightly WNW. I'm quite unsure about what's going to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Yes going to bed now, heaviest gone but there could still be another 4 hours or more of moderate snow yet s might have a hefty fall to wake up to. night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Just been out, its like 5 inches, deeper in places! never mind the drifts. Roads round here are virtually undriveable. And on that note, winter proper has finally come heh biggrin.png

Time for me to log off :) Enjoy your trips out and about this morning peeps, though I suspect a few wont be going anywhere good.gif

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

The met has upgraded me for heavy snow at 6am, i think i will stay up a little longer to see what the radar is doing.

Earlier when it changed track a gap appeared at the tip which made me think it would not be long lasting, a few frames after it filled it all in. Now look at the southern tip near Norwich, the direction changed and it has split, but i reckon it might be wrong and infact be filled in soon, which would give us further snow and tie in with met forecast.

Just been out, its like 5 inches, deeper in places! never mind the drifts. Roads round here are virtually undriveable. And on that note, winter proper has finally come heh biggrin.png

Time for me to log off smile.png Enjoy your trips out and about this morning peeps, though I suspect a few wont be going anywhere good.gif

Looks like the kids will get a snow day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Last one before bed. Latest NW radar shot, with the heaviest clearing north of us but still a drag of ppn from our SE:

iyjt6d.jpg

Posted

well, how truly disappointing.....again.. nothing, still the break down is coming stroll on to the next poor cold spell next month

Posted

Still going strong here, plenty deep in the garden and there is drifting for sure.

Bed time now for me, night all.

Posted

well, how truly disappointing.....again.. nothing, still the break down is coming stroll on to the next poor cold spell next month

How is the snow cover holding up on Merseyside? I've seen some pictures from back home and there wasn't enough snow to cover all blades of grass - this to me is the cut-off point between a moderate fall and a significant one. Any snow is good snow of course, but I understand any frustration over missing out on what was close to being a real dumping.

I see the snowy synoptics have reverted to type, affecting the east and barely making it across the Pennines (which despite their relatively low height seem to act like the Himalayas when it comes to snow from the east). Maybe those in the east of the region who moaned on Friday now have a slight inkling of what it is usually like to live in the west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Got about a cM here, a lot of Friday snow has melted though. Nice that I got some from this band even if it is a bit wet. Temperature 0.1°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Insh and half here and it just started lobing it down again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

HAHA, 14 miles makes a big difference doesn't it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I see u have done well in saddleworth area. Well done . What are your depths

Posted

The radar shows that an area of decent precipitation has moved as far as the Irish Sea coast. Some people might end up with more than they expected...

Posted

yeah snow got heavier here but not sticking well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

OMG!!!! HEAVY SNOW!! got about an inch lol biggrin.png

Edited by Liam J