Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted

Snowing in Nantgarw. The cloud has come down low. I'm working until gone 6 tonight, so hopefully will miss traffic.

Posted

Not strictly true that Marcus 4c Friday 2c here winds already from S East temps dropping to around 0 c tonight.

It doesn't matter what the temp is now - remember that Friday's system dragged in colder air with lower dewpoints; this system, depending on its exact track, may initially drag in less cold air and higher dewpoints.

Edited by Buzz

Posted

Carmarthenshire Council have published this weather update...

Weather update: Light snow or sleet showers this afternoon. The snow showers will become more isolated after mid evening with RSTs below zero from soon after dusk. Thicker cloud will bring a band of snow after midnight to many areas, probably sleet at lowest levels. There is uncertainty regarding the persistence of this snow/sleet through to tomorrow morning but further outbreaks are likely at times, possibly quite heavy on higher ground.

Posted

This is a Bristol Channel streamer if ever I've seen one. Completely not forecast as far as I'm aware.

All I need is for it to shift five miles north and I get to see a little.

Posted

Good to see that, is it settling?

yes settling on the roof of the car that was clear,,yet in the street where its been cleared and salted its melting straight away !

it has eased here now a bit tho !

Posted

I think we are in a different universe up here. 6 inches on the ground now and the snow continues. I don't get it, we were in an orange warning area last Friday and got 2 inches, today there are no warnings here or anywhere near us but we've had over 4 inches of snow, go figure.

Pete

That's the MetOffice for you. But probably best not to challenge them about it. I was in the Amber area last Friday, but to be honest it probably should have been red at the time. We had quite a bit of snow but because we're out west it doesn't seem to resonate as much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Gone very dark, snowing quite heavily atmclapping.gif !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Carmarthenshire Council have published this weather update...

Weather update: Light snow or sleet showers this afternoon. The snow showers will become more isolated after mid evening with RSTs below zero from soon after dusk. Thicker cloud will bring a band of snow after midnight to many areas, probably sleet at lowest levels. There is uncertainty regarding the persistence of this snow/sleet through to tomorrow morning but further outbreaks are likely at times, possibly quite heavy on higher ground.

Good to hear! Hopefully it'll fall as snow but I think it'll be sleet.

Had sleet earlier on in the day here which turned to snow eventually. Flakes were huge in size but there weren't many of them unfortunately!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Raining here in Cardiff sad.png

Edit:More sleety now hope it changes to snow, when the heavier showers get here!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Drizzle in my bit of Cardiff atm. Hopefully PPN later tonight will fall as snow!

Slow thaw today - left for work @7.30, home by 4.30. Still lying snow around, but not as much. An inch or two as a top up would do nicely.

Any ideas on longer term chances (ie this week, next week, start of Feb)??

Posted

Latest NMM moves towards the NAE but still not showing tomorrow's precip as anywhere near as significant - below is the accumulated precip prediction for the 24 hours to 6pm tomorrow:

post-13083-0-14948000-1358787614_thumb.j

Also goes on to show a light band of snow moving over SE Wales then Mid Wales during Weds, but not amounting to much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Snowing here

Got caught out went cinema with my gf to watch django (brill film) and it started chucking it down. Didn't expect it at all. Needless to say I dropped my gf off in Llantrisant and went straight home. Don't want to be stuck up there again

Posted

Snowing here

Got caught out went cinema with my gf to watch django (brill film) and it started chucking it down. Didn't expect it at all. Needless to say I dropped my gf off in Llantrisant and went straight home. Don't want to be stuck up there again

It could have it's advantages?

Posted

so if it is snowing now then temps must still be ok for snow,so maybe tommors event if it happens could very well be snow unless temps rise more.

Posted

so if it is snowing now then temps must still be ok for snow,so maybe tommors event if it happens could very well be snow unless temps rise more.

Here the temp is 1.5 and the dew point at -0.5, and its raining! sad.png Still snow on the ground just hope the rain turns to snow so all the snow doesnt melt! Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Raining in newport. 0 degrees. Not looking good for tomorrow's "snow". mellow.png

When that rain gets to the ground it will freeze over time, be cautious if youre out!

Posted

Just caught the edge of a snow shower here, looks like a few more pepping up might catch one or two this evening. Temp is 0.8c has been above freezing all day and a fair bit of melt, prob about 8cm level snow lying here sno although I haven't measured.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Rain here

Posted

Raining here typical, bye snow - if its raining now what's it going to be like later?

Wunderground has us in snow showers! http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=cf23+8hb Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Is it me of is the NMM really wanting to being that intense band of PPN up to us?