Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 21/01/13 06z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

We got the most snow last year too with 15cm. Normality will return soon, we can't keep this up.

It looks like out of the low areas, east leeds have probably got the most snow around leeds. Seems to be an annoying new trend emerging :p

Posted

Still snowing here but only added an few cm's to our existing cover been to wet here for anything significant still an week of lying snow up to now and will almost certainly get 10 days of lying snow out of this snap i would bank that in any winter. Just need some cold clear nights now for it to freeze hard but doubt we will get it with this Easterly wind dragging in cloud. Shame really if it had been an degree lower would of been in business but that the price when things are marginal and only 15/20 miles inland with no elevation at sea level here on the humber. Beats cold rain any day though but still white out there even if an slushy mess in places.

Posted

Same happens here with storms in summer, very annoying so I feel your pain

Posted

Hard to give an accurate depth for Skipton. Just tried to measure outside but few even spots. Between 8 and 15 cm on the benches outside work :-)

(They didn't have any of Friday or last Monday's snow on so it might be a little bit more in places)

Edited by doctordunc

Posted

light to moderate snow here for the past 30 minuets! event though the radar looks like its already cleared lol

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Hard to give an accurate depth for Skipton. Just tried to measure outside but few even spots. Between 8 and 15 cm on the benches outside work :-)

(They didn't have any of Friday or last Monday's snow on so it might be a little bit more in places)

Surprised its that high at the lower levels; We usually get twice the amount or more than the surrounding towns do, and we are past 20cm's here. Going to take some measurements later to get an accurate depth.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

just had a look outside and it's still lightly snowing. I checked about half hour ago and it was moderately falling, but fairly fine stuff.

I cleared a path to the back door around 11:45am and it's completely covered again.

Edited by Gumbo Briggs

Posted

I think the 15cm bit must have been blown into a bit of a drift (although it was just on a bench without sides). It doesn't look that deep across the board, but definitely 8-10. Just had another very heavy burst, but must be geting towards the end now are we? (Although the BBC says we've got light snow right up to 6 ish?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Still snowing heavily in Leeds (City Centre/University) Wind has stopped blowing so persumably this is why it's hanging around a little more.

edit: a good 3 inches more snow up the hill in Bramley and a lot less slush. There was some melt even though the snow was falling earlier. I notice from weather stations that temperatures all over Leeds just dropping back below 0.

Edited by Barking_Mad

Posted

Have been under a heavier band for about an hour and a half now which has added 2 or 3 cms. Knew I'd cleared the drive too soon!

Posted

Same here, mod-heavy snow still.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

58199_504302209615058_1005826074_n.jpg

Parents garden a few hours ago.

Given that the drying wire looks to have about 10cm of fresh snow i expect a measurement close to 20cm when i visit tommorow (their were 9cm yesterday)..

Posted

Wind has all but gone. Show heavy but quite fine and wet.

A cold night tonight, as it's due, and it could be very slippy tomorrow. Council have done an excellent job, aided somewhat by a lack of really cold temperatures.

Posted

Yes temps have dropped again down to 0.06oC

Still snowing very lightly with the odd heavier bursts

Its not heavy enough to cover whats gone but no more dripping!

Posted

Schnizzle for the last hour and a half at Linton in the Vale of York has added 1mm to our existing 2cm. No wonder there aren't any other posters from York on here atm! They are drowning in misery.

It must be the elevation. We need Yogg-Shoggoth to erupt from his home under Tang Hall and lift York up by 200m.

Posted

Back up in Bramley where i live, temp is now -1.1c Snow in central Leeds a bit fluffier again. Looks like snow should stop in next hour or so, lack of cloud on the radar from there on in.

Posted

Just cleared my path and it's already covered!

Posted

Just cleared my path and it's already covered!

Please stop posting like this... It's making me very depressed. :(

Someone on the model thread has taken a punt for 3-7th of Feb for the next cold injection. Here's hoping.

Edited by antmulder

Posted

It's ruddy awful out there!! Went to York this morning and left snow in Scarborough. Arrived at York and it was sleeting! Just arrived back, roads very wet but ok.

Sleeting heavily now in Scarborough with the odd burst of snow in a biting wind. Major thaw going on though but we still have more snow here than in York!!

Temp 0.9C with Dew point 0.8C.

Posted

The snow just continues it doesn't want to leave us, not that I'm complaining. Even when the radar looked like it was over around 11am we've had further snowfall, at times heavy, mostly light/moderate and persistent, any cleared snow readily covered.

Using the outside table as guide there was 7cm of snow yesterday before the event. There's now 19cm- a good 12cm has fallen. What this really shows is how hard it is to see a dumping of 15cm+ in a single event considering it's been snowing on and off since yesterday.

The image below shows the table right at the start of the cold spell where we saw that band of snow that didn't really deliver, compared to today's image on the right.

post-8968-0-18668500-1358778801_thumb.pn

Current temp: -1.6c

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Just came back from the superrmarket and thought our street looked so nice i parked up at home and walked back to take a pic... (Apologies to those in York, Scarborough and anywhere else less fortunate, but hope you enjoy the pretty trees lol!)

BB

post-7351-0-86109000-1358779319_thumb.jp

Posted

You're right there.- it actually hasn't stopped snowing here all last night and all today but we haven't got that big a heap of snow really, in comparison with some shorter/heavier events. But some of the time it has been quite heavy!

Back to grainy, small stuff now. I guess it's nearly all done, but then I've been saying that since this morning, so who knows! BBC still showing snow with us at 5.