Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 21/01/13 06z Onwards

Coast

Posted

Seems to be another band of snow/sleet/rain moving into the se and heading nw. Wasn't mentioned on the evening forecast I wonder how far that will get?

Think that is pivoting around the low pressure system, the band is heading north and then N.W. as it meanders around the low. As for the mild breakthrough this weekend i'm not totally convinced just yet, need another 48hrs or so of model watching, i think this cold is too entrenched like Dec 2010 to simply allow a major atlantic assault like the models are currently showing esp with northen blocking being so stubborn to the N.E. yet no mega surface pressures (1040mb +), wouldn't surprise me to see some sudden building of heights over the north of the UK over the weekend.

Edited by Cal

Posted

Ooooh, look at that shower activity just off land.

Conditions perfect for snow now with temp -0.3C. PLEASE come this way!! :)

Posted

Think that is pivoting around the low pressure system, the band is heading north and then N.W. as it meanders around the low. As for the mild breakthrough this weekend i'm not totally convinced just yet, need another 48hrs or so of model watching, i think this cold is too entrenched like Dec 2010 to simply allow a major atlantic assault like the models are currently showing esp with northen blocking being so stubborn to the N.E. yet no mega surface pressures (1040mb +), wouldn't surprise me to see some sudden building of heights over the north of the UK over the weekend.

I agree, everyone's quick to jump on the breakdown wagon. Something is brewing..

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Perhaps the lone run will prove to be correct.

gefsens850London0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

'They are also bereft of objectivity; they will follow pre-determined 'rules', even against a background which is entirely at odds. It's the skill of a human which can weigh-up plausibility, and consider background signals; the strength of which you may know will amplify, yet it is very difficult to write an algorithm to interpret.'

Anyone know French? rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

One site That I look at (uk storm chaser on fb) is commenting on a developing trough that could bring a chance of snow to East Yorkshire and north lincs ??!!!

Anyone know where abouts this is developing (if at all) and what A trough is???!!!!

Posted

One site That I look at (uk storm chaser on fb) is commenting on a developing trough that could bring a chance of snow to East Yorkshire and north lincs ??!!!

Anyone know where abouts this is developing (if at all) and what A trough is???!!!!

Paul Hudson has mentioned something on Twitter saying patchy coastal sleet snow will push inland throughout the day tomorrow but amounts expected to be small

Paul Hudson â€@Hudsonweather

Another raw day tomorrow, rather cloudy with patchy sleet and snow in coastal areas slowly spreading inland through the day.

Posted

-0.01oC atm

S/SW breeze

Noticed some small showers appearing coming SW/NE

Looked outside and flakes falling / nothing major though!

Posted

Paul Hudson has mentioned something on Twitter saying patchy coastal sleet snow will push inland throughout the day tomorrow but amounts expected to be small

Paul Hudson â€@Hudsonweather

Another raw day tomorrow, rather cloudy with patchy sleet and snow in coastal areas slowly spreading inland through the day.

Yeh I saw him say that but this site is saying its later tonight and in to the early hours!!!!

I don't know. I will not be up watching radars till 5am in the mornin as I did last night. I was like a kid on Xmas eve. Even when I went to bed I got up every 25 mins to see if it was still snowing!!!! Really getting on the wife's nerves but even she would still end the rant at me with "is it still snowing"

She loves it as much as me ( secret snowfan )

Posted

Well, not a complete disaster after all! Persistant light snow for the last 2 hours with the odd heavier burst that's given us 2cm's so far on previously thawed surfaces.

Coming down quite nicely now and the temp is -0.5C. Dew point -0.7C.

Looks like plenty more to come too. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Gotta say I love unexpected shower/trough developments and alot of the times gives you the best snow events!

Hi SA, funny you should say that, now in not an expert by any means...im just wondering looking at the radar.. if there is an injection of warm air/moisture heading se/nw... only reason i ask is ive noticed on radar over the spine ..ie darbyshire, yorkshire to the lea of high ground clouds are beginning to produce ppn . as i say im not an expert.. just an observation.. but i like the unexpected too :)

Posted

Hi SA, funny you should say that, now in not an expert by any means...im just wondering looking at the radar.. if there is an injection of warm air/moisture heading se/nw... only reason i ask is ive noticed on radar over the spine ..ie darbyshire, yorkshire to the lea of high ground clouds are beginning to produce ppn . as i say im not an expert.. just an observation.. but i like the unexpected too smile.png

Hi Bryan, yes that's one of the reasons why I mentioned it, but don't think this particular ppn area will give much, but yes expect the unexpected!

Posted

Just started snowing in rotherham

Yep been light snow here and roads have a light dusting

Posted

V.light snow here pushing up from the s/west.

Posted

Seems to be a little activity around Birmingham that is heading in the direction of Lincoln , Donny and scunny area??!!

Outs better than nowt! Lol

Did similar not happen a week ago that went un reported ??!!! Produced a good covering.

Edited by Lincstim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Light snow falling here