Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

the gfs 06z is mad and once again hopes are raised but surely to be dashed once again

Remember what has been said before out the 06z run it should be ignored I bet folks in the MOD thread forget that then they'll throw there toys out the pram tonight if it backtracks again

Posted

The warning for the NE has been downgraded which isn't a surprise

Issued at: 1134 on Sat 9 Feb 2013

Valid from: 0600 on Sun 10 Feb 2013

Valid to: 1000 on Mon 11 Feb 2013

A band of rain pushing into Northern England, and a stream of showers running into eastern Scotland, will both turn to snow on Sunday, mainly above 200 m. Accumulations of 3-6 cm are expected in places, with 5-10 cm above 300 m and, over Aberdeenshire, Angus and Perth & Kinross, more than 15 cm by Monday morning at these higher levels. Rain, sleet and snow will die away from Northern England and parts of Scotland on Sunday night, leaving a legacy of icy stretches on paved surfaces for Monday morning. Over eastern Scotland snow is expected to continue on high ground, with ice on roads and pavements at lower levels. The public are advised to be aware of these wintry hazards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Remember what has been said before out the 06z run it should be ignored I bet folks in the MOD thread forget that then they'll throw there toys out the pram tonight if it backtracks again

yeah totally agree, im getting sick of this winter now im looking forward to my attention being changed from snow chasing to storm chasing, that storm we had last year which if i remember rightly we only caught the edge of it was truelly amazing ive never seen rain like it and ive been in storms in the usa, it was that super sell that strecthed all the way up to newcastle, anyway must go beers to drink and match to go to

Posted

yeah totally agree, im getting sick of this winter now im looking forward to my attention being changed from snow chasing to storm chasing, that storm we had last year which if i remember rightly we only caught the edge of it was truelly amazing ive never seen rain like it and ive been in storms in the usa, it was that super sell that strecthed all the way up to newcastle, anyway must go beers to drink and match to go to

Yes that was one hell of a storm its was short lived but its one I won't forget in a while

Come of Boro lets have 3 points today and some goals! I hope Muzzy Carayol and Main play today we've missed them badly

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Come On Boro! We need a win today and against Leeds on Tuesday. Then hope Brentford beat Chelsea next weekend :p

Posted

It was awesome - an inch of rain in 20 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

COME ON BORO LETS HAVE YOU BARNSLEYYYY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Tony mowbrays red and white army! we hate sunderland!;)

Posted

Yes that was one hell of a storm its was short lived but its one I won't forget in a while

Come of Boro lets have 3 points today and some goals! I hope Muzzy Carayol and Main play today we've missed them badly

Yep we've definitely missed Carayol. He looked awesome when he played earlier on in the season, he destroyed Blacburn's defence

Yep we've definitely missed Carayol. He looked awesome when he played earlier on in the season, he destroyed Blackburn's defence

Posted

Total lack of decent uppers once again, is it so much to ask?! Annoyingly marginal once again pffft, Once again high pressure over Scandi blocks off the colder uppers, it really annoys me when people get excited over a Scandi high they've brought us nothing but trouble. Stick a trough over scandi any day instead.

Scandi highs can deliver but you do need some upper trough ahead of it really, unfortunately, Most of Scandi had a very mild SE'ly and we only got limited uppers to tap into.

Problem with this one is just simply down to orientation of the low pressure, we are getting a ESE'ly flow and if we got the ENE'ly flow, those -10 uppers would hit the UK BUT because of the lack of large cold pool, the coldest uppers won't last very long at all.

Maybe just maybe Tuesday will deliver something convective but unless some miracle happens with the front, i don't expect this set up to deliver much lying snow at all in all honesty. Sorry Peter!

Posted

I was thinking that... but ppn still doesn't look good for us. What it means - I think - is that the snow should be more towards the wash/EA, Cambs, with rain for central southern parts.

Not sure about knock-on effect on our convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Apparently the GFS is showing the front further NE?

It is indeed. Snow for Midlands as per METO warning looks marginal at best.

Posted

It is indeed. Snow for Midlands as per METO warning looks marginal at best.

Wash/EA/southern and eastern parts of Yorks you reckon? THat's my read.

Posted

So do us Northerners still have a chance?

If there's a further shift NE; yes... otherwise no (not from the front anyway)

Bad news is that this shift further NE means the uppers are slightly higher on MOn night/Tues morning, so less chance of convection.

Posted

If there's a further shift NE; yes... otherwise no (not from the front anyway)

Bad news is that this shift further NE means the uppers are slightly higher on MOn night/Tues morning, so less chance of convection.

So we can't win both ways? :(

Posted

So we can't win both ways? sad.png

LOL.

It's the way of things this winter!

All eyes on Wednesday - let's see if we can guess what will scupper this one.

Posted

LOL.

It's the way of things this winter!

All eyes on Wednesday - let's see if we can guess what will scupper this one.

I'm hoping we see further a shift in our favour with regards to tomorrow because convective snow can be very rewarding but it's never guaranteed, especially for Middlesbrough anyway :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Monday night and Tuesday still look pretty convective to me - the GFS charts never show huge totals from the North Sea as they don't seem to handle these events too well. The NAE looks quite good for our region on Sunday night with 5-10mm possible, which would equate to about 5-10cm of snow, if it accumulates.

Posted

Monday night and Tuesday still look pretty convective to me - the GFS charts never show huge totals from the North Sea as they don't seem to handle these events too well. The NAE looks quite good for our region on Sunday night with 5-10mm possible, which would equate to about 5-10cm of snow, if it accumulates.

have you wrote off tomorrow's front?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

have you wrote off tomorrow's front?

Not really - the precipitation on Sunday night will be thrown up by the front, but the heaviest stuff will be down south. This won't be anything like 2010, and probably not January this year either, but its premature to rule out the potential for some heavy snow, be it from tomorrow's front, convection on Monday night, or another front mid week.

Posted

Well another terrible result for the Boro today one thing that I've found funny is the attendence on the BBC sport website

boro_zpsc23a77dd.png?t=1360432332

You may struggle to see it clearly but it says Att: 1,534

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Well another terrible result for the Boro today one thing that I've found funny is the attendence on the BBC sport website

boro_zpsc23a77dd.png?t=1360432332

You may struggle to see it clearly but it says Att: 1,534

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im fumin i took my leeds ticket bk after the match in protest im regreting that now lol, hows sunday and monday looking