Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ---->

A.J

Posted

The way we are playing at the moment I'd like to see snow and it get called off other wise I can see Leeds winning easy, we desperately need a good win tomorrow and need to score 3 or 4 goals only got 2 all year in the league.

Anyway back to the weather and the Met office have updated the warnings the system is now expected to stall hence why lowers levels could see over 10cm the Midlands, North wales and parts of southern Northern England could see the worst conditions

Sundays warning is likely to be upgraded to an Amber warning within the next 24 to 30 hours

Does Southern parts of Northern England include any of us or just Yorkshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Does Southern parts of Northern England include any of us or just Yorkshire?

I have no idea, but the met office forecast for Darlo is light snow 06:00 to 09:00 heavy snow between 09:00 and 12:00 then sleet during the afternoon

http://www.metoffice...Time=1360454400

However take the sleet forecast with a pinch of salt this is the weather online weather types chart for 18:00 Sunday

13021018_2_0806.gif

And 00:00 Monday

13021100_0806.gif

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

MO thread last 20 minutes... Ian F isn't half a humourless sod!

(As well as a fairly obvious attention seeker - why else would a BBC/METO forecaster be so active on a weather forum.. sorry - he's very knowledgeable, but it seems clear as day to me.)

Love how everyone on The MOD thread is getting pied of because the North seems to be in the firing line at this moment in time

Serves them right. I get hacked off with "upgrade", "looking good" posts ALWAYs meaning "for the south". When I see those sorts of posts, I know the models are not good (for here).

Posted

MO thread last 20 minutes... Ian F isn't half a humourless sod!

(As well as a fairly obvious attention seeker - why else would a BBC/METO forecaster be so active on a weather forum.. sorry - he's very knowledgeable, but it seems clear as day to me.)

Serves them right. I get hacked off with "upgrade", "looking good" posts ALWAYs meaning "for the south". When I see those sorts of posts, I know the models are not good (for here).

Haha exactly my thoughts, that thread has far too much Southern bias. All hell will break loose in that thread over the coming days if there is no shift South. But we seem to be in a prime position at this moment in time which is nice :)

Posted

Haha exactly my thoughts, that thread has far too much Southern bias. All hell will break loose in that thread over the coming days if there is no shift South. But we seem to be in a prime position at this moment in time which is nice smile.png

No more than we deserve for having to endure the worst summers in England and Wales.

Posted

No more than we deserve for having to endure the worst summers in England and Wales.

Yep hopefully we can show the South what a proper snowfall is and it's also looking good for next week in terms of convective snowfall. I'm getting far too ahead of myself but I can't help it haha

Posted

And I bet we don't get a red warning either like wales did for 20cm of snow, Bishop got 20 odd cm the other week did they see a red warning? did they hell it was amber

All hell will break loose in the MOD thread over the next 24 hrs if the south gets rain and the north gets snow, it will make for good viewing but I won't be posting in there now for a bit I'll let them fight it out amongst them selves

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe gales, heavy rain and alpine climates

And I bet we don't get a red warning either like wales did for 20cm of snow, Bishop got 20 odd cm the other week did they see a red warning? did they hell it was amber

All hell will break loose in the MOD thread over the next 24 hrs if the south gets rain and the north gets snow, it will make for good viewing but I won't be posting in there now for a bit I'll let them fight it out amongst them selves

or the 35cm of snow Consett got....the closest we got to an amber snow situation is when the cat went outside and peed in it....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe gales, heavy rain and alpine climates

Lmao I'm not going to mention names but some of the well respected posters in other threads are making me laugh. They can't take it that this might turn out to be a Northern event, bless them

is 8th feb...be spring soon darf souwf, theyll all be panicking about last chance etc .....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

A weather wise video for Sunday's possible troublesome snow also includes a look into early next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../feeds/21382443

thats cheered me up a bit a very good forecast, lets hope its correct

Posted

Lisa Gallagher on BBC LNEC also going for heavy snow Sunday significant accumulations at all levels that band of snow then slowly clears north during Monday but not before bringing further heavy snow showers according to the BBC 1 news at 13:28

Posted

Lisa Gallagher on BBC LNEC also going for heavy snow Sunday significant accumulations at all levels that band of snow then slowly clears north during Monday but not before bringing further heavy snow showers according to the BBC 1 news at 13:28

She could forecast cold rain and wind and I'd still be happy. air_kiss.gif

Posted

She could forecast cold rain and wind and I'd still be happy. air_kiss.gif

At all levels! Get in, looks like there'll be major disruptions early next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

We'll beat Barsley and Leeds and go up.

How's that for a forecast?

If we do get a good dumping on sun/mon/tue I just hope we are not childish and start posting photo's in other regional threads.

Very very childish

Posted

Here you go peeps Lisa's forecast at lunchtime

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/news/newsid_7760000/7760853.stm

At present places like Keswick and Berwick look like missing out on the snow as it will be too warm at 5c and 4c respectively

Posted

NAE precip totals to noon Sunday

13021012_0812.gif

The latest on the snow direct from Exeter

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

check this out met office explaining why these warnings in place for sunday

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Sunday is looking pretty good now, but I suspect we'll see it all turn to rain on Monday as those milder uppers head northwards, as shown by the GFS on both the 0z and the 6z. Once the warm sector reaches us it won't be marginal, just plain rain, but Scotland looks like staying in the cold air at the moment so it won't take much to put us back into it later on Monday.

Posted

is that still looking good for us?

Looks like rain turning to snow according to the NAE however this is just one piece of the Jigsaw so I will wait for all the 12z's before making a firm comment

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Looks like rain turning to snow according to the NAE

I don't see that.

The light blues are inconsequential - in practice that is basically no ppn, and always appears as rain when it's that light on NAE.

Snow for here isn't until Sun pm... and look at what Frosty said in the MO thread:

"It's not really important how far north and east the main frontal activity gets on sunday because to the north of the low, the windflow will be turning into a very cold easterly which will be full of snow showers, so the areas which miss the main frontal zone, especially further northeast, don't despair, snow showers and strong winds should be yours on sunday, monday and tuesday, probably more snow will accumulate from the showery set up than the frontal wintry band anyway. "