Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ---->

A.J

Posted

Whitby is nice one day in August

The only summer we had in Jarrow last year was in March nonono.gif The rest was just a dreary wet blur, except for the thunderstorms, brilliant year for them!

Posted

i'll be planting first earlies this weekend in them plastic recycling buckets this week.3 to a bucket and just whack them in the greenhouse (no heat) be eating them 2nd week of may like last year.

Posted

i'll be planting first earlies this weekend in them plastic recycling buckets this week.3 to a bucket and just whack them in the greenhouse (no heat) be eating them 2nd week of may like last year.

Got no greenhouse, that's my problem here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

We've had a few good years for thunderstorms up here, last year was the pinnacle though with 'thunder Thursday'. My favourite type of weather, with snow a close second of course. I'm not fussed about hot weather, it rarely gets far above 25C up here anyway even in 'hot' spells.

Posted

The only summer we had in Jarrow last year was in March nonono.gif The rest was just a dreary wet blur, except for the thunderstorms, brilliant year for them!

Last week of March was a cracker... and the last week Sept/1st few days of Oct 6 months earlier... I found it VERY strange being in 25°C heat, but with the sun that low on the horizon... it didn't feel right!

Posted

Is it spring yet?

Sun's getting higher in the sky every day, and I've had enough of winter. Time to roll me barbeque out.

Posted

Is it spring yet?

Sun's getting higher in the sky every day, and I've had enough of winter. Time to roll me barbeque out.

You can go back into hibernation for another week or so.

My only fear of a good early spring is that, like the last 2 years, that'll end up being the only time over the "warm" months we have a lovely great high over us.

Posted

What's the latest for Sunday/Monday then? Just come home from work so haven't had time to look. Thanks in advance.

It's all gone the shape of the pear LOL.

Heading further south by the looks of it, and not hopeful for convection either on MOn/Tues.

Posted

It's all gone the shape of the pear LOL.

Heading further south by the looks of it, and not hopeful for convection either on MOn/Tues.

Oh dear oh dear. We should never get out hopes up with frontal snow, we always get egg splattered on our faces everytime

Posted

You can go back into hibernation for another week or so.

My only fear of a good early spring is that, like the last 2 years, that'll end up being the only time over the "warm" months we have a lovely great high over us.

This is true.

Last year we had the end of March heatwave which was quite something with temperatures of 70ºF, and 8 or 9 solid days of wall to wall sunshine at the end of May, and up to 82ºF...and that was it. In fact my hottest temperature all year was recorded in May!

Posted

This is true.

Last year we had the end of March heatwave which was quite something with temperatures of 70ºF, and 8 or 9 solid days of wall to wall sunshine at the end of May, and up to 82ºF...and that was it. In fact my hottest temperature all year was recorded in May!

I was away that week... I literally left on the plane for the US just as temps were rising (on a Monday I think) and got back on the evening when 2 hours before the temps had started to drop...

Add that to the fact that the poor run of summers started when I moved to the region, and I think you've found your albatross.

Posted

Downgrade for here tomorrow from met o but its not even half time yet and we still have our supersub the north sea looking primed for monday convection

Posted

Downgrade for here tomorrow from met o but its not even half time yet and we still have our supersub the north sea looking primed for monday convection

Even the convection has been downgraded, though. Sorry, but I can see very little for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

yep just like the weather forecast last night that i mentioned on the bbc news, its all gone pete tong and you have to say with only 24/36 hours to go thats that, god i hate this dull cold overcast weather, anyway 3 points badly needed today utb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

If we get little snow over the next few days, what is the point in watching models and forecasting more than 36 hours in advance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Not surprised at the downgrades one bit, when did we last see heavy persistent snow here when its come in from the west?

Looks nice and sunny over tees-side this morning hopefully the blue sky will move inland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

lovely and sunny, feels warmer than the 2 degrees showing

lovely bright low sun, bad for driving and watching the TV lying on the sofacool.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looking at the latest BBC forecast the bulk of the snow will be in Yorkshire, the midlands, Cambridgeshire and into Norfolk some could clip the region but it looks mostly light for us

sunsnow5_zps7b33a45c.png?t=1360404128

Slowly the cloud is breaking up here and its turning a bit brighter

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
Posted

Looking at the latest BBC forecast the bulk of the snow will be in Yorkshire, the midlands, Cambridgeshire and into Norfolk some could clip the region but it looks mostly light for us

sunsnow5_zps7b33a45c.png?t=1360404128

Slowly the cloud is breaking up here and its turning a bit brighter

That image suggests that the far south of the region might get clipped. A slight Northwards shift and bingo lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

the gfs 06z is mad and once again hopes are raised but surely to be dashed once again