Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted

Agree with that, the usual track through stockport into derbyshire

That happens far less than the Cheshire Gap feed - plenty of possible changes to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I could really do with an easy non snowy week in Sheffield. Birthday celebrations there next weekend. Hope it's fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Interesting developmet in irish sea atm. Wat uppers we under today?

Posted

Interesting developmet in irish sea atm. Wat uppers we under today?

To mild today, temps around 7-8c and uppers of -2, cold uppers don't arrive till midnight when it will be clear.

As for next Tuesday, typically the winds turn perfect as soon as the warmer uppers blast in and then to northerly when the colder airs back :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

To mild today, temps around 7-8c and uppers of -2, cold uppers don't arrive till midnight when it will be clear.

As for next Tuesday, typically the winds turn perfect as soon as the warmer uppers blast in and then to northerly when the colder airs back :lol:

Yep, typical.

Posted

The charts for Tuesday/Wednesday continue to show snow showers for NW England and the NW Midlands and I'd be amazed if they didn't deliver something for said areas. Time to pack up if they don't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The charts for Tuesday/Wednesday continue to show snow showers for NW England and the NW Midlands and I'd be amazed if they didn't deliver something for said areas. Time to pack up if they don't.

Personally Ian I think everywhere will see snow except North Staffs, Shrops and Cheshire.

I jest I jest :p

Posted

As for next Tuesday, typically the winds turn perfect as soon as the warmer uppers blast in and then to northerly when the colder airs back laugh.png

Report of rain in the Staffordshire Moorlands turning to sleet and then snow on its back edge. Unsure of the altitude although there isn't much in that area below 250m.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Wed into thurs I think the best window, other than that too mild tue night, winds too westerly tue and too northerly early Wed

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted

Chilly and wet evening here.

The next 7 days are either going to be really exciting or really miserable! My prediction is a mixture of both.

Posted

Dont know if anyone remembers i posted a while ago i have a feeling about something good happening between 6-8 feb, and mark suggested a nice snow weekend between 8-10 lets see... :)

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

GFS is still pants for next week, the usual setup, ECMWF really cold, although a less cold day on fri 8th,

got to favour GFS really though, as mild to average more common, most weather websites use GFS, expect ECMWF to trend towards GFS on 12Z's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Noticed the GFS 06Z mixes out that milder sector it had wrapped around that Low for Tuesday night into Wednesday for us with the uppers pretty much staying around -5*C or lower around that period now. Clearly, this could still change again, but it should at least mean any showers or areas of precipitation that reach here should have more of a wintry flavour to them. :)

Posted

The ECM and GFS remain completely at odds for the end of the week, hopefully the ECM is onto something, as for Tuesday/Wednesday it is indeed looking a bit better than before now, winds still to westerly when we have the coldest uppers but the trough coming down with the milder uppers will be at in the evening/night so hopefully temperatures should be cold enough.

Posted

We definately have the quietest thred on here when nothing is happening, anyway gfs looking decent for some snow early hours of tuesday

bbc also goes for light snow showers early tues, winds seem a bit westerly, then a warm sector tues evening, then winds NNE on wednesday, useless direction that

Posted

Yes thread is quiet, and will stay quiet, feel GFS has this right, that ECMWF run is weird and unrealistic

-4.1C here now, hope not too wet tomorrow, looks a wet morning drier afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Not sure either one has it right yet, I don't trust the ECM at all when it comes to easterlies, however despite this I think this one has a better chance of verifying due to the strat warming, recent north east blocking event and the time of the year, easterlies far more likely between feb and April than nov to January.

Posted

bbc also goes for light snow showers early tues, winds seem a bit westerly, then a warm sector tues evening, then winds NNE on wednesday, useless direction that

Good direction for this part of the Midlands!

Posted

-5.0C now, but what a waste, no snow due and a mild sector day tomorrow, but never expected it this cold tonight

Posted

Cold one out there, the air feels so fresh as well.

Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next week or 2. Some uninteresting days (starting with tomorrow) but looking like there could be bits of interest here and there. Lots more winter sunshine on the way hopefully after a great first 2 days to February. We've been missing that this year.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Tbh looking at Mon evening into Tuesday id be suprised if a Cheshire gap streamer didn't fire up for a while. Staffordshire/stoke favoured.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A little very light snow early this morning, just enough to leave the finest of dustings on the ground. By 0900 it had almost gone after an hour or so of drizzle and slow thawing.