Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted

Tbh looking at Mon evening into Tuesday id be suprised if a Cheshire gap streamer didn't fire up for a while. Staffordshire/stoke favoured.

i wouldnt say all of staffs, just north/mid, unless their is a correction in wind direction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Nae shows pretty much a non event south of north Cheshire up to 6am Tues.....Manchester gets pummelled. Quelle surprise, a NW'ly that turns too westerly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Stockport to get a bleedin' pasting, just hope the rain arrives here tues night, not day, slight interest for Wed night into thurs, could see a few flurries then through cheshire gap

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

Thanks for that Tony, looks like we're going to miss most of the excitement in the first half of the week here as places west and northeast of here pick up on the showers. Mind you...after we did so well on the last cold spell, it's not a problem for me! Still lots to be looking out for anyway.

It's quite deceptive today, looks grey and miserable but just been out and actually feels quite pleasant. Probably the only day this week that will feel like this. At least there should be plenty of crisp sunshine once the colder air is in place.

Edited by Gord

Posted

ECM still strongly suggesting cold is on its way, im not at all excited yet and i will wait a few days before looking further into it.

If it is wrong, our locations dont look like seeing anymore snow, relying on ECMWF being right for snow from fri 8th

Posted

I don't know if it's because we've already had an excellent cold spell, or if it's because this week is looking messy and hit and miss, or if it's because some of the model output doesn't yet agree, or maybe a mixture of all 3...but I'm not so optimistic of a cold spell this time around.

I think it's because I am (wrongly) going on the experience of the past few years. We get one brilliant snowy spell then spend the rest of winter picking up crumbs here and there. Just can't get excited about anything in the pipeline right now. That's just me though and certainly not based on any science!

Tomorrow will be one year since 2012's one and only decent snow event here. So already we are well ahead this year!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Northerly's generally don't bring anything but sunshine and frosts to here, sunshine will be nice tbh, it's been far too cloudy the past couple of years.

Mind you, we all know how snow event tend to creep up on us here, don't we? smile.png

Posted

Northerly's generally don't bring anything but sunshine and frosts to here, sunshine will be nice tbh, it's been far too cloudy the past couple of years.

Mind you, we all know how snow event tend to creep up on us here, don't we? smile.png

Well tuesday isnt looking sunny, looking like a miserable wet day, for N midlands anyway,

Posted

I'm still looking on models for dry weather, this setup is absolutely pants for snow in midlands under 300m, ECMWF in FI does get decent mind you, but no where near full model agreement

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Not full agreement but the 18z gfs has backtracked towards the ecm way of thinking, and a cold spell could be on its way, i hope so anyway, and as for snow who knows its to early to say where its going to fall yet.

Posted

Not full agreement but the 18z gfs has backtracked towards the ecm way of thinking, and a cold spell could be on its way, i hope so anyway, and as for snow who knows its to early to say where its going to fall yet.

also the atlantic looks to still be active a bit like the last cold spell so there could be a fair bit of snow again

Posted

well this morning's GFS shows a band of snow moving over tonight into tomorrow morning, prolly won't amount to much, but it's earlier than I thought the first snow of this cold spell would be.

Both exciting and annoying lol

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Morning all! Gorgeous day here today, lovely blue skies.

Posted

Very confusing warnings out for tomorrow - the warning for snow for the W Midlands actually covers approx 50 square yards of the region. Rest of the area is covered by a warning for icy roads only.

Edited by Essan

Posted

great new warnings from Met O, I,m just in or 2 to 3 mile from orange bit, and with 180 to 200mts als, this could be good again.

blum.gif

Posted

Just love the bit about Southern parts of Northern England, describes my location spot on,

especially the bit about 10 to 15 cms where showers become aligned, over 100mts, heres hoping its light a snow train, same event we had here in Dec 2010 but that time we had 35cm in constant stream of showers feeding in from the humber estaury all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi guys. Looks like the midlands will get some wintery showers tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Going to be an interesting few days. Wintry showers could end up anywhere. Some surprises to come I feel. Going to feel very cold in the northerly wind midweek :)