Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted

Doubt it was lighting not even showers in Warwickshire that time.

It'll have to remain a mystery.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy rain/sleet showers this afternoon, being blown in from the S/S/W on winds gusting to 38mph, current temp 6.1c, feeling raw. Snow cover down to 35%, and with this constant stripping of the snow I don't expect much left by tomorrow evening, but i hope im wrong ! My back garden still has 100% which is East facing smile.png

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Enjoying it feeling a little milder in all honesty, bit of a mix of weather is much better. Some heavy looking rain to the west coming in from that band.

Its crap! its autumnal stuff, not what's to be expected approaching Feb! the models look very NovDec ish

think high pressure over us is less common than snow these days,

Posted

Its crap! its autumnal stuff, not what's to be expected approaching Feb! the models look very NovDec ish

think high pressure over us is less common than snow these days,

i was thinking that very atlantic based for the past year really

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Kind of hoping the cold and snow stays away until after the 10th, got some important times coming up. Including a weekend away up north the weekend of the 10th.

Posted

Kind of hoping the cold and snow stays away until after the 10th, got some important times coming up. Including a weekend away up north the weekend of the 10th.

Edit for me - hope the snow stays away .... permanent !

Posted

Big thaw today, only around 15% snow cover now. Most of the snow remains under the walls and hollows, been very mild today for Feb with a high of 11.2c and strong winds gusting up to 36mph from the S/W.

Posted

Foul rain, mild, and wind today — dirty muddy dogs! Bring back the cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Have the West and East Midlands merged threads again as I see this is entitled the Midlands thread again

they sure have

Posted

Warm sector days, not the worst as never usually wet, today only light showers now and again 12.5C max, dreading fridays all day deluge

Posted

18z showing 1c across most of the region Friday afternoon from evaporative cooling, I suspect it will continue tracking southwards and zip through the south coast in the end though.

Posted

18z showing 1c across most of the region Friday afternoon from evaporative cooling, I suspect it will continue tracking southwards and zip through the south coast in the end though.

hope you are right, unlikely though, going to be horrendous rain friday, FAX charts will make the adjustment north on next update

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

GFS shows heavy sleet Friday pm and 1c, could be a fun journey home! Wonder if this could turn to snow and give us a covering as it moves away?? Tuesday next week also looks interesting in the GFS with strong nw winds, -5 uppers and lots of precipitation, Cheshire streamer?

Posted

they sure have

Seriously, what was the point in having that Poll the other week where members voted clearly to split the Midlands in the Regional thread between the East & West.

The Midlands region is that vast that it deserves to be split in 2. No disrespect but over here in Nottingham I have little interest in what is going on in a town on the Welsh Border when im in the regional forum. Given the size of the region many weather events will have no affect on large parts of the Midlands as was demonstrated by the recent snow.

Rant Over biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Seriously, what was the point in having that Poll the other week where members voted clearly to split the Midlands in the Regional thread between the East & West.

The Midlands region is that vast that it deserves to be split in 2. No disrespect but over here in Nottingham I have little interest in what is going on in a town on the Welsh Border when im in the regional forum. Given the size of the region many weather events will have no affect on large parts of the Midlands as was demonstrated by the recent snow.

Rant Over biggrin.png

However, I do find it interesting to see what's going on in other parts of the region - especially if Im tracking a weather front moving across from one side to the other of the country, as Radar info doesnt always tally up with whats actually falling out of the sky.

If it annoys you to have posts from areas you're not interested in, you can set your 'settings' to ignore particular posters so that they dont show up in your thread.

Just a suggestion? smile.png

Edited by fizz511

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

If you're interested in other regions why not just pop into that thread every now and then? That enables this thread to be specific to west mids only. The combined mids thread was ridiculous as it stretched from Shrewsbury right across to places like Newark!

Posted

If you're interested in other regions why not just pop into that thread every now and then? That enables this thread to be specific to west mids only. The combined mids thread was ridiculous as it stretched from Shrewsbury right across to places like Newark!

It is a problem, where I live and work (Burton) is nearer to Derbyshire and Leicestershire than say Worcestershire or Shropshire so I like to be aware of the weather in these areas. In fact it often seems that the weather in the South West of the West Midlands is more dissimilar to here that that in the East so personally I would prefer a Midlands wide region.

Posted

Very gusty winds again today, I expect Friday's storm will start its track southwards on the 12z today, in the medium term next Monday Night/Tuesday is looking interesting, strong winds and from a good direction with lots of instability and cold uppers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

If you're interested in other regions why not just pop into that thread every now and then?

Because I dont mind them being in the thread I'm in...........